REALITY ERA: Part 1: Celebrities in the WWE

Cenation716

5-time XBPW Heavyweight Champion
Over the course of time, we have seen many celebrities have a taste of the WWE life, whether it's competing in the ring, being a RAW guest host, being a guest referee, or even just performing a song or singing the national anthem. Motorhead sang Triple H's entrance song live at WrestleMania & a few years ago we also saw Limp Bizkit sing Undertaker's entrance song & just this past WrestleMania, we saw Snooki get in the ring & win a match. This thread is meant to cover a few questions. Here they are:

- What are your opinions on celebrities in the WWE?

- Do you want the RAW guest host to come back (with moe focus on the WWE Superstars, but some form of interaction from the celebrity)?

- Did you enjoy the RAW guest host gimmick & who was your favorite RAW guest host, or who was your favorite celebrity appearance & why?

- What are your thoughts on celebrities getting in the ring (special referee & competing)?

- Finally, what celebrity would you like to see in the WWE & what you would like to see them there for?

- What are your opinions on celebrities in the WWE?
I don't necessarily have a problem with celebrities in the WWE. Over doing it is when I have a problem. Celebrities shouldn't really be involved in a huge feud. By huge fued I mean main eventing a PPV or something of that nature. But other then that, they're fine.
- Do you want the RAW guest host to come back (with more focus on the WWE Superstars, but some form of interaction from the celebrity)?
No. Let it go. Like I said before, over doing it is when it bugs the shit out of me. Every week with the comedy skits with Hornswoggle and whatnot were not entertaining. Everyonce in a while, I could understand it, but I don't want some celebrity who knows jack shit about wrestling taking time away from the Jack Swaggers, Dolph Zigglers, R-Truths and the rest of the mid-card division.
- Did you enjoy the RAW guest host gimmick & who was your favorite RAW guest host, or who was your favorite celebrity appearance & why?
Nope. Hated it. My favorite Guest Host was Shaq because of the Big Show segment and Shaq is somewhat of a fan of wrestling.
- What are your thoughts on celebrities getting in the ring (special referee & competing)?
In ring is fine. For example Snooki was pretty cool seeing in the ring at Wrestlemania. But when it occurs too much is when I have a problem with it.
- Finally, what celebrity would you like to see in the WWE & what you would like to see them there for?
I don't really want to see any celebrity in the WWE right now. Although it would be kinda cool to see Dana White come to the WWE for a cameo.

Well it cant happen now, but I think it sucks ass that for as many music acts WWE gets to sing The National Anthem and or perform their own songs @ WrestleMania...

that we never got to see Michael Jackson at WrestleMania

It wouldve been the biggest, best and greatest drawing celebrity appearance at WrestleMania, likely drawing more than the main event itself. Why not book it?

Can you imagine if MJ had been at WM25 instead of Kid Rock

It wouldve been way better and you'd have forgotten the main events werent up to par. Still great, but not up to par.

Anyway, MJ shouldve been at Mania

Vince couldve been had 1 million buys, and hell, you get MJ and Rock at the same Mania now had he still been alive, it could do 5 million buys

WM 30 even, you could drag out Taker's last match and wait till this one, have Savage return for a match with Vince, had MJ perform, had Hogan/Austin, Cena/Orton and The Rock involved and that couldve done 5 million buys even

but again, it cant happen

but thats what the hell Mania should be bringing, the best and MJ was the best

I fully understand that having celebrities can help cross-promote the show into other market segments. Vince had Mr. T and all the other guest celebs at WrestleMania 1 for a reason: to help make pro wrestling more mainstream and to attract more people to watch.

That said, the guest host concept should not come back. Too often, the worst segments of the show were anything involving the guest host. For every Bob Barker, there were at least 5 ZZ Tops that didn't help the show at all. I understood why they did it, but I HATED it because most of the guest hosts had nothing to do with the show and were just there to plug their latest offering and get a payday out of it.

As far as celebrities getting in the ring, it depends on the celebrity and what they're doing. Having Mr. T in the ring at WM 1 made sense, as did Lawrence Taylor at WM 11, Chuck Norris as special enforcer at Survivor Series 1994, ... However, I HATED having Snooki in the ring at WM 27. She shouldn't have even been in the building and I don't really think she contributed that much to the buyrate. Jon Heder should have stayed out of the ring when he was guest host.

I don't really have any preferences to any particular celebs. All I ask is that they fit in.

I think that the RAW guest host gimmick was cool, but every damn week, the focus was on the guest host more than the in-ring talent & that bothered me so much! I'm all for celebs getting into the ring, ONLY if they are a wrestling fan & have athletic ability & can pull off the basic wrestling moves. I'm not saying throw Chris Rock in the main-event with John Cena or have a celebrity win the World title like WCW did with David Arquette though, that's just stupid. Now, I like the idea of celebrities & sports athlets in WWE because it attracts more attention to the WWE. The WWE gets more mainstream attention, while new people can get interested in WWE after they hear about their favorite NFL QB at RAW. But, don't focus more on the celeb than the in-ring talent, PLEASE, that is a big screw-up. I would love to see Eminem or 50 Cent appear at RAW, since they grew up in rough parts & have experience fighting. Have them do Mickey Rourke & knock a heel talent out, or put them in a tag team match while still focusing on the WWE Superstars.

In my opinion out of the never ending list of celebs in WWE and wrestling over the years only 3 have made a positive impact...Mr T, Mike Tyson and Floyd Mayweather Jr.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back