*MERGED* General WrestleMania 27 Discussion & Predictions

Which rumored WM 27 match sounds like it will be the best?

• The Miz vs John Cena for the WWE Title

• Triple H vs Sheamus

• Randy Orton vs CM Punk

• The Undertaker vs Wade Barrett

Results are only viewable after voting.
With MITB getting its own PPV there is speculation that there will be no MITB ladder match at WM 27. This would make sense as every other year qualification matches started on the first Raw after No Way Out/Elimination Chamber. However, the multi person ladder match concept does not have to end as many people enjoy the match at the WrestleMania event and complain about the Intercontinental and United States Championships not being defended.

Although people would prefer these championships to be defended in singles matches, the card would be too busy if this were too happen and many superstars would be left off the card. we can imagine the card is (possibilities in brackets):

WWE Championship
The Miz (c) vs. John Cena

World Heavyweight Championship
Edge (c) vs. Alberto Del Rio (vs. Christian)

Singles Match (Streak vs. Career)
The Undertaker vs. Triple H

Singles Match
CM Punk vs. Randy Orton

Singles Match (Handicap Match)
Jerry Lawler vs. Michael Cole (& Alex Riley)

Singles Match (Mask vs. Mask)
Cody Rhodes w/ Dusty Rhodes vs. Rey Mysterio

These other matches which I will explain later in the thread

8 Man Tag Team Match
The Corre [Wade Barrett, Ezekiel Jackson & WWE Tag Team Champions Heath Slater & Justin Gabriel] vs. The Big Show, John Morrison, R-Truth & Winner of NXT Season 4 Johnny Curtis

15 Divas Championship Battle Royal
Eve (c) vs. Natalya vs. Gail Kim vs. Tamina vs. Brie Bella vs. Nikki Bella vs. Melina vs. Maryse vs. Alicia Fox vs. Kelly Kelly vs. Kaitlyn vs. Beth Phoenix vs. Rosa Mendes vs. Layla vs. Michelle McCool

8 Man Dual Ladder Match for Intercontinetal or United States Championship
Representing Raw-Daniel Bryan (c), Sheamus, Mark Henry & Ted DiBiase (Evan Bourne)
Representing Smackdown-Kofi Kingston (c), Kane, Drew McIntyre & Jack Swagger

8 Man Tag Team Match
It would make little sense for Brodus Clay to win NXT Season 4 as Alberto Del Rio is in the main event picture. R-Truth has nothing to do and looks a more acceptable team with his rookie Johnny Curtis. John Morrison also has no one to feud with as CM Punk will face Randy Orton. Big Show says that he needs help fighting the Corre so he will team up with the true future of the WWE (not the Corre) but Morrison, Truth & Curtis. Ezekiel & Big Show will eventually meet, Truth & Curtis will eventually challenge Slater & Gabriel for the championships and Morrison & Barrett are main event material.

15 Divas Championship Battle Royal
Unless Trish Stratus does compete at WM, I see a battle royal involving every diva as no one is picking up numerous wins to look like the number one contender. If they use a battle royal, it creates/furthers feuds amongst the divas e.g. Kim/Bellas and LayCool can finally turn on each other. I will get backlash for this but the diva that should win the match is Kelly Kelly. She has been in the limelight on SmackDown and deserves this title win to be the highlight of her career. However, I wouldn't keep the title on Kelly. After she wins the match she is attacked by Amazing Kong as "Excuse Me" is heard throughout the arena. Vickie Guerrero should be kept off of TV until WM to make the heel heat even worse. She explains that she is Raw's newest diva and she will be managing another new Raw diva. The match is restarted and Kong becomes the new champion with Vickie Guerrero by her side.

8 Man Dual Ladder Match for Intercontinetal or United States Championship
Having this match still keeps the ladder match concept of MITB but sees worthy superstars on the card. The idea is that 8 superstars compete in the match, 4 Raw superstars for the United States Championship and 4 SmackDown superstars for the Intercontinetal championship. The first superstar to retrive their brands designated championship becomes the champion, the other brands champion retains their title although they lost the match. However, in my card for WM 27, it would see Dolph Ziggler return as a surprise entrant. The finish would see Dolph knock his long time rival Kofi Kingston off the top of the ladder and he retrieves the Intercontinental Championship. Then he would shake his head, throw the title to the floor and take the United States Championship signifying that he's been signed to Raw. This would lead to a Ziggler/Bryan feud over the title, also giving Ziggler a chance to feud with John Morrison and a returning Evan Bourne. He could move to the main event on raw or eventually return to SmackDown in the draft and move to the world title scene there.

A month ago Wrestlemania looked doomed. Speculation of John Cena vs. Miz match spread. No one was impressed. Alberto Del Rio won the Royal Rumble to everyone's surprise, once again no one was excited. Wade Barrett was chosen to face The Undertaker, people shrugged there shoulders. There was not one die hard fan impressed about the set up for Wrestlemania.

Few weeks later.. the biggest thing on the internet was a speculation of a WWE debut for Sting to face Undertaker.. which of course no one knew would happen.

Wrestlemania looked doomed to be the worst set up card in WWE history!

Pause..

FINALLY THE ROCK COMES BACK TO EAT FRUITY PEBBLES..
BIG DADDY COOL TRUCKS HIS WAY BACK INTO THE WWE..
EVERYONE DIGS IT SUCKA AS THE TRUE KING MAKES A COMEBACK..
UNDERTAKER RETURNS.. & IT'S TIME TO PLAY THE GAME..
CHRISTIAN ATTACKS DEL RIO.. TRIPLE THREAT?
OMG, EVEN THE FLUFFY HAIRED BIEBER IS SET TO PREFORM..

Did Vinny Mac take the worst line-up in Wrestlemania history and make it the most anticipated Wrestlemania in years?

Your thoughts..

Um, no, not even close.

Everyone knew Taker would be back, and it was generally accepted that he was going to have a solid match.

John Cena vs. Miz would have been fine with or without The Rock. The Miz is probably the second most hated person in the WWE (behind Vickie) and John Cena is the most beloved, and the dynamic between the two would be great for Wrestlemania.

Randy Orton vs. CM Punk would have been a big draw too. CM Punk is red hot and Randy Orton still seems to be super popular. While I'm not sure how great the match itself would be, the feud and the reactions these two stars got would have been phenomenal.

Edge vs. Del Rio would have been fine as a one one. Edge has been on the top of his game since his feud with Kane ended, and Del Rio is clearly extremely talented in the ring and is being pushed to the heavens by the WWE.

Then we have Lawler vs. Cole, possibly the most anticipated gimmicky match in years. It was definitely more anticipated that Hart vs. McMahon, Mayweather vs. Big show, or Trump vs. McMahon.

After this we still had room for guys like Dolph Ziggler, Sheamus, Kofi Kingston, John Morrison, Nexus, Corre, Rey Mysterio, Cody Rhodes, and Christian and Triple H if they were ready to return.

Now this isn't to say that the recent additions in the past few weeks haven't been improvements on the card, but the card was already in fine shape going into Wrestlemania.

Have you ever seen a Wrestlemania before? In no way was this card even close to being considered one of the worst. Go watch Wrestlemaina 11 and then tell me this would be worse.

I'm serious dreading signing on here they night after WM27 is over. I have a feeling that everyone is going to be super disappointed because all of their ******ed ideas didn't go through.

Look, Cena vs Miz will be good. It won't be a classic or anything, but it will be good.

Edge vs Del Rio would be good, though adding Christian to the mix does make it better if it were to happen.

Triple H and Undertaker know how to deliver on the big stage. I have no doubt that they will deliver, and that match alone would prevent it it from being the worst card ever.

Seriously.

No. However, that's not because I think this WrestleMania will be bad. I just don't think it's going to top some of the biggest WrestleMania's. However, I never thought this WrestleMania was going to be so bad. It certainly wasn't going to be as bad as WM 9 or 11.

Still, this Mania seems to be gaining momentum, which is a good thing. Hopefully, all the matches are lead into in positive ways with precise stories and quality matches.

there is no way in hell this WrestleMania will be the worst WrestleMania of all time.

WrestleMania's 9 and 11 were the worst Mania's I have ever seen.

I still think this could be a very strong WrestleMania, especially with The Rock hosting the event and the big money match in Taker/HHH and I am 100% sure that HBK will ref the match.

Miz/Cena, Edge/Del Rio/Christian (?), Taker/HHH/HBK as Ref, CM Punk/Orton are going to be the top 4 matches and that's a wayyyyy better line-up than the last odd numbered Mania (25).

the mid-card looks good too if Rey/Rhodes, MitB returns, Bryan/Sheamus happens at Mania as well.

this will NOT be a bad WrestleMania, and they could surprise you and end up being one of the best Mania's of all time.

While this WrestleMania hasn't exactly ignited a fire for me, it's nowhere near the worst. Not even close, really. WrestleMania's 9 and 11 were downright awful. WM 12 would have been terrible if not for the main event, same with WM 15. WM 13 was pretty shitty too, but I can't bring myself to call it that because of Austin/Hart.

Like I said earlier, this Mania isn't all that exciting, for me at least. But Punk/Orton should be solid, and Taker/HHH should be the best match on the card. I'm not looking forward to this Mania as much as the last 3 or 4, but it's the card is nowhere near as uninteresting as it gets.

It Wasnt Going to Be the WORST Wrestlemania in History, but it Wasnt Looking like the Best Either.

4 Things Saved this Show.

The Rock,Christian = Triple Threat (POSSIBLY),Punk vs. Orton, Taker vs. HHH.

Money in the Bank Will Put the Cherry on Top

It won't be the worst ever but here's the sad thing. Even if the matches are good Vince is still not going to get 1 million buys. Nothing is really screams must see for the average viewer which is where the extra buys come from. If the Rock was facing off against someone, maybe. But right now it's looking like only the pure fans will be buying it.

But this is not going to be the worst WM ever because there are matches that have huge potential to be match of the year candidates mainly Orton/Punk, HHH/Undertaker, and Rey Mysterio/Cody Rhodes.

I think we can expect the following matches on Raw and Smackdown within the next few weeks:

WrestleMania XXVII Main Events

Faces vs. Heels – Edge and Cena vs. Miz and Del Rio
Champions vs. Challengers – Miz and Edge vs. Cena and Del Rio
Raw vs. Smackdown – Miz and Cena vs. Edge and Del Rio

Official Matches

WWE Title - The Miz (c) vs Jon Cena
WHW Title - Edge (c) vs Albert Del Rio
Undertaker vs Triple
Randy Orton vs CM Punk
Jerry Lawler vs Michael Cole (with Jack Swagger)

Rumoured Matches

Rey Mysterio vs Cody Rhodes
Drew McIntyre, Kelly Kelly, Trish Stratus vs Dolph Ziggler, Layla, Michelle McCool
The Corre vs The Big Show & Diesel
Daniel Bryan vs Sheamus
MITB Match

According to WrestleNewz, this is the planned card (as of this moment) for Wrestlemania 27.

Special Guest Host: The Rock

WWE Title Match
John Cena vs. The Miz

World Heavyweight Title Match
Alberto Del Rio vs. Edge

The Streak on the Line
Triple H vs. The Undertaker

CM Punk vs. Randy Orton

John Morrison, Kelly Kelly and Trish Stratus vs. Dolph Ziggler, Layla and Michelle McCool

Wade Barrett, Ezekiel Jackson, Heath Slater and Justin Gabriel vs. Big Show, Kane, Kofi Kingston and Christian

Rey Mysterio vs. Cody Rhodes

Jerry Lawler vs. Michael Cole, Special Referee: Steve Austin
Cole’s trainer Jack Swagger will be in his corner.

WWE United States Champion Daniel Bryan vs. Sheamus
Gail Kim will be in Bryan’s corner while The Bellas will be with Sheamus.

* Another undetermined Divas match will also take place. There will be no Money in the Bank this year.

http://www.wrestlenewz.com/wrestlin...restlemania-27-with-new-top-matches-and-more/

What are your thoughts? Lackluster? Worth a buy? Etc.

Morrison, Trish and Kelly vs LayCool and Ziggler makes no fucking sense whatsoever.

and why are they wasting Morrison, Ziggler, Christian and Kofi in two pointless tag matches?

why not have them all compete in a new multi-man match for the IC title in a Ladder Match?

would be better than those two matches but I did expect Bryan vs Sheamus for the US title so why not have the IC title on the line as well?

those are dumb matches and make no sense.

Morrison, Trish and Kelly vs LayCool and Ziggler makes no fucking sense whatsoever.

and why are they wasting Morrison, Ziggler, Christian and Kofi in two pointless tag matches?

why not have them all compete in a new multi-man match for the IC title in a Ladder Match?

would be better than those two matches but I did expect Bryan vs Sheamus for the US title so why not have the IC title on the line as well?

those are dumb matches and make no sense.

I do like the idea of an IC ladder match. That would definitely generate some excitement, and make up for the lack of no MITB. Kind of upset with the waste of Morrison here as well...

I do like the idea of an IC ladder match. That would definitely generate some excitement, and make up for the lack of no MITB. Kind of upset with the waste of Morrison here as well...

OK, I understand that WWE has a MitB PPV in July, but if WM is not gonna feature a MitB match, at least make up for it and have a IC title Ladder Match instead with the guys I mentioned.

Kofi, Ziggler, Christian, Morrison and maybe even Bourne could've been in that IC Title Ladder Match and that match would've been an excellent replacement for MitB.

I would be very, very pissed off if those two tag matches are official for WM.

dissapointed theres no money int he bank they should of left it at wrestlemania.
but the card looks alright but when did John Morrison, Kelly Kelly and Trish Stratus vs. Dolph Ziggler, Layla and Michelle McCool match get made

I have no complaints with the Corre match, it should be fun although I would've preferred a Kofi/Kane IC title match. The mixed tag match would make more sense if it were the following:

Drew Mcintyre, Kelly, Kelly, and Trish vs Dolph Ziggler and Laycool

Morrison has no real connection with that storyline but Drew does. It really sucks that Drew is not in this WM.

I can't help but feel this card is shaping up to be nothing but average. This time last year, barely anybody knew who Alberto Del Rio was, and The Miz was still relatively new to the mid-card level, after being a nobody on Smackdown in 2006. Now, they're both main eventing Wrestlemania? No disrespect to both men, but I just feel they don't have enough drawing power for the big show.

Sure, one could argue that the Rock could spice things up in the Cena vs Miz match, but at the end of the day, he's only the special guest host. Jerry Lawler's first ever Wrestlemania match is going to be against.. Michael Cole. A non wrestler. Enough said.

Randy Orton vs. CM Punk & Cody Rhodes vs. Rey Mysterio (assuming the WWE goes down that route), seem like good Wrestlemania undercard matches, but the main events are lacking that big feel. Last year, people were going crazy over the John Cena/Batista Wrestlemania fued, and I also thoroughly enjoyed it. The Edge/Chris Jericho feud was average, but only because Edge wasn't completely over as a babyface.

Sure, Triple H vs. The Undertaker will probably be the main event of the entire show, but personally, do they really need the main event spotlight any more?

I can't help but feel like John Cena vs. The Undertaker or even CM Punk would have been the much better option as the main attraction. The WWE is intent on building new stars, but I think they are under the impression it will happen over-night. They should have pushed stars back in 2007/2008 before the retirements and departments of the likes of Shawn Michaels, Chris Jericho and Batista.

Randy Orton vs CM Punk is the main reason I'm buying WM. This is the feud I've been waiting for and it's finally happening. I just wish it was the WWE Title match instead of Cena/Miz. Orton/Punk has the intensity and storyline that is main event worthy. Cena/Miz is just....boring.

HHH/Undertaker is a toss up imo. It will either be really good or really bad. And I still don't know why Drew has been abandoned.

I got this from another Wrestling website...

Announced Matches

WWE Championship Match
WWE Champion The Miz vs. John Cena

World Heavyweight Championship Match
Edge vs. Alberto Del Rio

Randy Orton vs. CM Punk

Jerry Lawler vs. Michael Cole (with Jack Swagger)

TBA Matches

John Morrison, Kelly Kelly and Trish Stratus vs. Dolph Ziggler, Layla and Michelle McCool

Ezekiel Jackson, Heath Slater, Justin Gabriel and Wade Barrett vs. Big Show, Christian, Kane and Kofi Kingston

Cody Rhodes vs. Rey Mysterio

WWE United States Championship Match
WWE United States Champion Daniel Bryan (with Gail Kim) vs. Sheamus (with Brie and Nikki Bella)

A yet to be determined Divas match

Finally, a Money in the Bank Ladder Match is not scheduled for the event.

I don't think there should be any question in anyone's mind that if this is the actual card then there will be a whole lot more people that don't care about WrestleMania this year than people that do. I mean there are clearly matches on here that even if they build up over the next 4 weeks still won't mean anything and serve no point whatsoever (ex: BOTH tag matches = AWFUL)

I think THIS would look much better...

WWE Championship:
The Miz vs. John Cena

World Heavyweight Championship:
Edge vs. Alberto Del Rio

Randy Orton vs. CM Punk

Cody Rhodes vs. Rey Mysterio

Jerry Lawler vs. Michael Cole (with Jack Swagger)
*Stone Cold Steve Austin should NOT be the guest referee, in my opinion. To me there is no reason he should be involved in this. But if he is, so be it. I can live with Austin at WrestleMania in any capacity, that’s for sure

Kelly Kelly, Trish Stratus, Eve, Gail Kim vs. Layla, Michelle McCool, Nikki Bella, Brie Bella
*The whole John Morrison/Dolph Ziggler thing makes no sense and is really a slap in the face to both of them to have THAT actually be their WrestleMania match, especially after the years they have both had. Plus, the Divas feuds on both shows can be thrown together here and still please everyone (as if anybody cares about the Divas division anyway). Just give Eve something to do until Awesome Kong squashes her when she shows up

WWE Tag Team Championship:
Heath Slater and Justin Gabriel vs. R-Truth and Johnny Curtis

*In my personal opinion, just about every title should be defended at WrestleMania, or close to it. R-Truth has nothing to do, and his rookie just won NXT to earn a tag title shot? This should be a no-brainer

Intercontinental Championship – 8 Man Ladder Match:
Ezekiel Jackson vs. Wade Barrett vs. Big Show vs. Christian vs. Kane vs. Kofi Kingston vs. Drew McIntyre vs. Dolph Ziggler

*As others have said, if you aren’t going to have a MITB match, then give the fans something interesting. Plus, there should be at least one gimmick match at WrestleMania. The Big Show/Corre feud is flat to me. We get it, the four of you outnumber the one of him. Kane is indifferent to everyone, Drew McIntyre needs to be at WM (especially if he is really “The Chosen One”), Dolph Ziggler has worked too hard all year to not be in a useful match at WM, and it would be a shame to not have Christian. Plus, what has Kofi been doing lately? I mean he is a WWE champion, and is being used more as a sideshow or as Alberto Del Rio’s whipping boy. This is perfect to shape up the picture of contenders on Smackdown. And maybe even allow Barrett or Jackson to win and the Corre to retain the Tag Titles to allow Barrett to start following through on his “bigger picture”

United States Championship – Fatal 4 Way Match
Daniel Bryan vs. Sheamus vs. John Morrison vs. Evan Bourne

*Having the Divas in here, even if they are just in opposite corners, would be incredibly stupid. Plus this makes 100% sense to me. All 4 of these stars have feuded with each other in some way in the past, and nothing was really settled. Put the U.S. Title on the line to give them something to fight for

I believe this is 5x better than the current proposed card. I would consider buying if it looked even something like this. WWE is dropping the ball big time. Feel free to comment, agree, disagree, etc (if you wish)

I agree, that would be a MUCH BETTER card than that rumored crapfest of a WM card.

but I would change something tho.

WWE Championship:
The Miz vs. John Cena
(Special Ringside Enforcer: The Rock)

World Heavyweight Championship:
Edge vs. Alberto Del Rio

Undertaker vs. Triple H
(Special Guest Referee: Shawn Michaels)

CM Punk vs. Randy Orton

Rey Mysterio vs. "Dashing" Cody Rhodes

Jerry "The King" Lawler w/Jimmy Hart vs. Michael Cole w/Jack Swagger
(Special Guest Referee: Stone Cold Steve Austin or Vickie Guerrero)

6-Man Ladder Match for the Intercontinental Championship:
(FORMER IC CHAMPS ONLY)
Kofi Kingston vs. Christian vs. Drew McIntyre vs. Dolph Ziggler vs. John Morrison vs. William Regal

Triple Threat Match for the United States Championship:
Daniel Bryan vs. King Sheamus vs. Evan Bourne

Eight-Man Tag Team Match:
The Corre vs. Big Show, Kane, Diesel & Booker T

Divas Tag Team Lumberjill Match:
LayCool vs. Trish Stratus & Kelly Kelly

that would be an epic WrestleMania IMO, and I would so buy it if this was the card.

People looking to toss John Morrison or Dolph Ziggler into a midcard title bout are shitting themselves. Both these men are way above the Intercontinental or US Championship, and they need something special to separate themselves from that group of competitors. That could be a Money in the Bank match, a match with each other, or a match against top guys on their programs. Unfortunately, there doesn't seem to be anyone on RAW for JoMo to feud with that isn't already in a program, which is why I think a match between the two would be perfect.

The Wrestling Observer is reporting that the following matches have been tentatively planned for WrestleMania.

-John Morrison, Kelly Kelly and Trish Stratus vs. Dolph Ziggler, Layla and Michelle McCool

-Ezekiel Jackson, Heath Slater, Justin Gabriel and Wade Barrett vs. Big Show, Christian, Kane and Kofi Kingston

-Cody Rhodes vs. Rey Mysterio

-WWE United States Champion Daniel Bryan (with Gail Kim) vs. Sheamus (with Brie and Nikki Bella) for the US Title.

-A Divas Match

So what do we think about this, is it a strong undercard? Will it help sell Mania? Does it need anything?

Apparently there is not going to be MITB this year. Im happy about this, as with the MITB PPV I think it would be too much.

I wrote up a big huge response to the above and then the post got moved and f'd it all up. So here's another attempt:

I wish they were doing MITB. I was at the PPV in Kansas City and thought the matches were awesome lie. I'll also be at WM in Atlanta, so I was hoping to see another one.

The mixed gender match seems thrown together. They teased Kellyx2/Trish vs LayCool at EC, but why are Ziggler and Morrison in there? I could understand McIntyre if they need a guy, but Morrison makes no sense in this story.

The Corre vs Team Show depends on the build. I can understand Show asking Christian and Kofi and why they would accept. But why Kane? Aren't these essentially the same guys that helped Kane bury The Undertaker?

Rhodes vs Mysterio has been expected for a while, and it should be fun.

Bryan/Sheamus seems to lack something. I think I would prefer to see like a Championship scramble match with Bryan, Sheamus, Bourne, Morrison/Truth, Otunga/Ryan and either Santino or Dibiase. I'd like to see them pull Santino out of the comedy act since he actually can go, and this could be a team to make him a legitimate threat.

If Kong comes in at some point during the Divas match, then it's worth it. Otherwise, I'd say scrap it considering the mixed gender match.

With the 5 matches already announced, it's a pretty solid undercard, but I will miss MITB.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back