**MERGED** Brodus Clay Discussion- KEEP IT ALL IN HERE!

I actually liked it, how many were expecting a Umaga type monster heel? I like getting the unexpected, could care less about many of you people that assumed his gimmick and were completely wrong. He definitely is a cross of Ernest Miller show-off like how he mouths off in the ring during matches. Get tired of the generic monster heel we see go on runs and completely disappear. Talk about being tired of gimmicks but everyone welcomed Kane's masked gimmick back with open arms.

when he debuted....this was my actual reaction ready? :wtf: GREAT JOB VINCE YOU JUST KILLED THIS GUYS CAREER! :banghead: i mean come on seriously hes a giant dancing dumbass? :disappointed: wheres this monster heel we were promised and teased with? honestly the only good thing about his debut with this stupid gimmick was curt hawkins got tv time i would have rathed brodus's debut keep getting pushed off and then eventullay he comes out pissed he had to wait so long to debut

I don't think anybody thought Rocky Miavia was going to be The Rock, or Stunning Steve Austin was going to be Stone Cold Steve Austin. How about the cape wearing, british talking Hunter Heart Helmsley?

Advice to everybody who think's his career is over: GIVE IT SOME FUCKIN' TIME!

Just because he's not a monster heel now, doesn't mean he can't be in the future.

Brodus Clay's debut was great. It was something different as opposed to the typical boring monster heel push.

Honestly, some of you need to get a sense of humor and stop taking wrestling so seriously. Why would him doing some boring squash and then growling angrily be so much better? Because he's OMG LEGITIMATE? Who cares? This generated excitement and actually has people looking forward to seeing him again. Do you think that would have happened to anywhere near the same degree had he debuted the traditional "monster" way?

Also, WWE is not in some desperate need for a monster heel. They already have Kane and Mark Henry taking up plenty of airtime in that role. I'd rather have guy with character, which is usually something WWE is very good at taking away from guys. We should have more goofiness in wrestling, not less.

Oh, and one more point to make for the people who think his career is over. Plenty of guys debut in rather shitty ways and still make something of themselves. CM Punk's first WWE appearance was riding on the back of John Cena's car at WrestleMania. Miz hosted the Diva Search. Batista was a Deacon for Reverend D-Von. Edge and Christian were part of the Brood. No one's career is ended by his first gimmick, because the cream always rises to the top. Remember that.

Just because it is different/unexpected doesn't mean its a good thing.

From a business perspective this appeared designed to be appealing to a younger audience which I catn bet in time he will sell merchandise. Why else do you think someone like Santino for excample gets TV time.

I honestly don't think it's going to stick, not that it's bad or won't work, I think it's going to be revealed that it was John Laurinaitis' idea and Brodus will lash out from it.

I like it. It's one of my favorite debuts in recent memory. Why? Because you could tell Brodus Clay was having fun with it, and so was the crowd. That's all that matters, really. No, it won't push him to the main event right away, but it'll secure him a spot on the roster consistently, he still gets his paychecks, and he's having fun and being happy with what he's doing. There's really nothing wrong about it.

From a business perspective this appeared designed to be appealing to a younger audience which I catn bet in time he will sell merchandise. Why else do you think someone like Santino for excample gets TV time.

For one...most people outside of the internet smarks love Santino..including me...he is my wifes favorite wrestler as well...

This conversation took place yesterday..

Hey babe...wanna go to wrestling in a few months when it is here live?

Wife: Is Santino going to be there?
Me : Yes
Wife: Then lets go

oh...and i really enjoyed Brodus Clay's debut.

I was kinda impressed. It's different, it's fresh. I actually enjoyed his debut. Let's be real guys, do we really need another Marc Henry running around(no disrespect, just stating do we really need another monster heel).

Somebody call my mamma!

I thought it was brilliant, here we are awaiting the debut of a beastly monster Brodus Clay and having it put off for a number of weeks, personally I was getting frustrated. Then before the commercial break we get a shot of his door and I see a disco ball behind his name and I'm thinking to myself, "am I reading into this too much or are they about to go a whole other crazy direction with this"? Then he comes out and sure enough the son of a bitch is billed from Planet Funk and the face palms begin, but as this little act went on I found myself loving it more and more. On top of that it makes perfect sense, we have a surplus of monster heels and debuting yet another would have been less than helpful for the overflooded roster, instead they gave us a fresh Funkasaurus and threw everyone off. Hats off to the WWE, they took it a whole other direction and quite possibly saved this guy from falling into Mason Ryan territory. Hell of a debut, sure he didn't exactly beat a CM Punk but it was impressive none the less, well done sir.

I thought it was brilliant, here we are awaiting the debut of a beastly monster Brodus Clay and having it put off for a number of weeks, personally I was getting frustrated. Then before the commercial break we get a shot of his door and I see a disco ball behind his name and I'm thinking to myself, "am I reading into this too much or are they about to go a whole other crazy direction with this"? Then he comes out and sure enough the son of a bitch is billed from Planet Funk and the face palms begin, but as this little act went on I found myself loving it more and more. On top of that it makes perfect sense, we have a surplus of monster heels and debuting yet another would have been less than helpful for the overflooded roster, instead they gave us a fresh Funkasaurus and threw everyone off. Hats off to the WWE, they took it a whole other direction and quite possibly saved this guy from falling into Mason Ryan territory. Hell of a debut, sure he didn't exactly beat a CM Punk but it was impressive none the less, well done sir.

I like it too. Kinda reminds me of The Godfather. Instead of being just another generic overplayed monster they're giving him something different to work with. We already have Kane and Mark Henry doin' the whole hairy scary monster thing. Not everybody needs to be Badass McShitkicker meanmugging like somebody just stole his poptarts.

Brodus Clay is #1 on my fave five right now. What a unique and unexpected gimmick. He was selling it in the ring too, I'm looking forward to see what he has to offer.

I feel sorry for him. After all the waiting for a beast who was gonna rip apart the rosters we got Rakishi 2.0 acting like Earnest "The Cat" Miller, I seriously hope Brodus says something cause all I saw was an Embaressment in the ring. Some of what he did in the ring reminds me of Ravishing Rick Rude. Clay doesn't need to be doing those things.

the 'funk-a-saurus'?!!!

THE worst 'debut' in the history or professional wrestling.

brodus clay has NO potential. i don't know what vince sees in the guy skill-wise or looks-wise honestly. to me, he looks like a real life king hippo (from NES tyson's punchout) lol.

flash funk 2012??!!! hahahaahahaha what a HORRIBLE GIMMICK!!!

he had NO potential to begin with in my eyes, no matter how they repackage the guy.

and with this stupid gimmick, clay is doomed to FAIL!!!

This thread gets +1 virtual cookies for having more positive things to say about the debut then bad. It sure was unexpected, but it sure as hell was really unique and interesting. Now, it'd be one thing if he'd just do the gyrations, the boogieing, all that stuff that usually goes with the character an all, but what really intrigued me with how he interacted with the audience. "Should I get him?!" "My Bad." And of course, "SHE WAAAAAAAAAAAA!~", which I've seen him say back when he was still the monster of old, really threw me for a loop, because he was doing more then performing his gimmick, he was actually interacting with the crowd. I honest to god hope he keeps doing that, cause I really fucking like it XD that's for sure. Just at alone would make him a really memorable performer on house shows where crowd interaction is much more important and focused on. Keep on funkin Brodus Clay, I'll all for it.

Without a doubt one of the greatest things I've seen on RAW for years. It's been said loads of times on the few pages I read, but there was no need for another monster. What we got instead was absolutely hilarious, I've been a fan of the guy for a while, but that's just made him so much better. Can't wait to see him again next week.

I enjoyed it i don't like seeing monster heel tear through everybody its boring this was pretty fun to watch i don't care if any of u hate it

the 'funk-a-saurus'?!!!

THE worst 'debut' in the history or professional wrestling.

brodus clay has NO potential. i don't know what vince sees in the guy skill-wise or looks-wise honestly. to me, he looks like a real life king hippo (from NES tyson's punchout) lol.

flash funk 2012??!!! hahahaahahaha what a HORRIBLE GIMMICK!!!

he had NO potential to begin with in my eyes, no matter how they repackage the guy.

and with this stupid gimmick, clay is doomed to FAIL!!!

LOL. Yeah, when the announcer was saying "blah blah blah funk whatever," my first thought was, Flash Funk is returning. Then Ernest Miller's theme kicked on, Funk on a roll or whatever the lyrics were. I still thought surely it's not Flash Funk. Then this ugly fat dude in little tights comes dancing out with 2 hot chicks. Then i thought wow, all this wait for Brodus Clay to debut, holding it off and this is what they come up with? It was pretty damn gay. When he was in the ring gyrating and what not, he looked like a Dusty Rhodes ripoff. I seriously don't see this lasting very long. The only good thing that can come from this, is that his entrance theme ends up on iTunes soon and we can finally have Ernest Miller's WWE theme :)

I honestly found it highly entertaining, it showed a side of Bordus we have'nt seen yet.
It kinda had a feel to me of Raw around 2003/04 where stupid dancing gimmicks were all part of the package and were to be expected, it brought a smile to my face in a way that does'nt happen a lot in modern WWE programming. Also shades of Rikishi as part to Too Cool, he was a big guy that danced around, had fun with it and ultimately "Got Over". Oh and dont forget that Brodus has the ability to turn monster heel at anytime, no matter how stupid the gimmick is on the face of it.

The one negative is that he needs to brush up on some dance moves, im sure theres talent backstage that could teach him a few things ;).

This was absolutely weird... and great.
Really, who needs yet another monster right now? This was refreshing and hilarious.

I wonder whose idea that gimmick was.

Seems the WWE is interested recently in trying to troll the Universe and the 10%ers all in one big go. First Jericho and now this. I'm not saying it's not an interesting gimmick or that it wouldn't get him over that he did badly with it, anything like that. But it was obviously done to swerve what we were expecting. I certainly don't feel like this is a permanent fixture, I think he'll relapse into the Brodus people were expecting soon enough.

even the monster heel brodus clay would not be able to save himself. from what i've seen of him on NXT and superstars, he just plainly sucks, honestly.

his wrestling ability is not that great, his mic skills are sub-par, he doesnt have that marketable look, he doesn't have that 'it' factor.

i see him following the path of heidenreich, tyson tomko, vladimir koslov, van hammer, prince albert, big daddy v...hahahaaha, etc.....big dudes who were shoved down our throats by the wwe marketing machine but never clicked with the audience, then disappear into OBSCURITY.

so WWE, dont even try with brodus clay. he will suffer the same fate as these guys above

Wasn't the same song the Earnest "The Cat" Miller came out to for a while? Best part of the match was some guy in the crowd yelling "Brodus you suck!" So much for his push...

Man I heard the music and that exact thought ran through my head, but who knows they may still give him a push for maybe the IC title i can see him as like a Rikishi

I like it! Infact.. i love it! I would never of thought.. Brodus Clay would be dancing with two women in a red costume! I really didn't want to see him come back as the "monster" But he shocked EVERYONE! I'm starting to dig Clay now.

Loved it. The only thing missing was Booker T on commentary. MY BOI B-CLAY!!!

Reminded me very much of old Rikishi, who was insanely over even after admitting he ran over Stone Cold and his subsequent heel turn, and was also phenomenal in the ring. No other 400lb guy on the roster could move like him, and the way he sold those clotheslines!

So yeah, it's good to see another face with potential on Raw, as we seem to be inundated with heels at the moment.

Brodus' first feud then? I'm going to go out on a limb and say David Otunga - stick BC against someone dull and monochrome to accentuate his funky gimmick, and having him beat an easy-to-dislike heel will get instant pops.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back