• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

How Can Brodus Clay Make An Impact?

The time is now, boys. I feel it, it's nigh high, indeed. I can feel it coming in the air, between the trees, through the Mediterranean. I feel now, more than ever, is the time to attempt my dream of a gimmick.

PunchOutWii_KingHippo.jpg

I was sorely disappointed when they decided to not apply the King Hippo gimmick to Vader when he came into the WWE. Now's the time to bring it about. The WWE is sorely lacking in video game gimmicks, and the Santino- Mario gimmick is really starting to run its course. Clay's fat enough, seems to really like eye shadow enough to run the gimmick. Make him an effective mini-boss, before you get to face Mike Tyson. That's probably the best use of Brodus Clay; not really any other options, you see.

I think they should do something different with Brodus. Nothing is more boring to me than seeing "generic monster heel #725" beating up on jobbers until he gets fed to a face then does nothing until he gets released. BEEN THERE, DONE THAT. Do something else for a change. Give the guy a gimmick that stands out. Have him do lots of promos that help the gimmick appeal to fans. The typical "big guy" push is so old. I really hope they do not go that route with Brodus. I'd rather he just go back to being Del Rio's bodyguard. What was wrong with him being in that role? It got Del Rio a second guy to have in his corner other than his announcer and it gave Brodus something to do. I say either have him work for Del Rio again or bring him in with something different because I swear if he gets another generic big guy push I will just fast forward past all of his matches or segments, I'm tired of seeing that with big guys all the time.

What he really needs is a gimmick. Something that stands out from all the other generic hosses. Have him be funny. Maybe give him a midget dressed like him or stuff him in a tiny car, or Nostalgia's big get him, mark henry, and some other fat black dude into the act, have them rap before matches and make them The Fat Boys. Do something. We've seen 3,456,789,021 monsters who run around, they eat a bunch of cruiserweights and jobbers building this unstopable monster thing, until finally a face maybe a plucky giant killer like a Rey Mysterio comes along and punks him out or John Cena, Triple H, or Randy Orton bury him on the way to their 3,456,789,021st title and then what? What do you after that? The Irresistable Force met The Immovable Object already. And besides Mark Henry's already doin' the whole monster thing right now. You don't wanna be a one note act.

Goldberg-style, but without the lame winning streak. Give him squash matches and then have him slowly work his way up to midcarders. If it goes well, then in six months at the most, he will be super over and will win a midcard title. Who knows, maybe a world title one day maybe.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back