Brodus Clay

Kermit

the Frog
My boy Brodus Clay made his main brand debut last night on Raw and put out a decently good match. He looked no where near as bad as the current goobers who are in nexus, *looks at Mason Ryan & David Otunga*. It was actually a pretty good match, and I'm sure that since it was his first time on live television on Raw; a dream that I'm sure he has had since a kid; he did just fine and worked a good match with a seasoned superstar.

What were your opinions on him in the ring?

What were your opinions on him getting air time before the actual winner Johnny Curtis?

*Side note: I had a speculation a while back of a possible faction with Del Rio, Ricardo, and Brodus. It looks like this may be coming into fruitition.

I disagree. The match was decent as you said, but why did he come out with Del Rio? Del Rio abandoned him as his rookie, and then he loses in the season finale, yet comes back? It also made Del Rio look weak, when he's already built this short 'legacy' of doing just fine on his own. I believe it's another case of creative not knowing what to do, and taking the easy way out.

He looked solid in the ring last night. Forget ADR, Id love for Big Show to turn heel and see him team with Brodus. Talk about a dominant team.

As far as him being on before Johnny Curtis...I see Brodus more marketable than Curtis. Sure we have seen big guys like Brodus, but how many times have we seen a small bodied mid-carder like Johnny Curtis? Besides they are probably saving Curtis for Smackdown for a feud with R-Truth vs The Corre. He does get a tag title shot with Truth.

Broadus definately looks the part. I just hope WWE uses him right. He sort of reminds me of a King Kong Bundy Or A Vader. Definately would like to see him on his own as opposed to backing Del Rio though.

He sort of reminds me of a King Kong Bundy Or A Vader.

Yes, I was thinking of King Kong Bundy, too: another super-sized slob who couldn't get out of his own way and only looked dangerous because the company scripted it that way.

Honestly, if WWE got rid of Husky Harris because they didn't like his "look," what's the sense of bringing in this guy? If anything, I think Husky was a better worker. Go figure.

This just furthers the question of What is the point of NXT?

As far as I'm aware, the winner is to get a WWE contract and a title match of some kind. It's assumed that everyone else are losers and don't get the contract too.

Problems:
1. Why the hell is he debuting before the actual winner?
2. Del Rio ditched him in the finale, why the sudden reconnection?
3. He's fucking ugly. I know it's not a real problem but geezus it's hard to look at.

As far as ring presence goes I think he made himself look like a big beefy powerhouse, but showed no signs of being a major player in the WWE's future.

He has potential, if used right. He is an okay worker, still a bit green clearly, but he can only get better. I would really like to see him pushed as a monster heel. He should start from the very bottom and work his way up. I don't want him being pushed into the mid card only to be buried and FE'd a short while later. The right way to push a guy like this is to have him start beating on faces on Superstars. I'm not saying squash matches but show him as a dominant force. Slowly, he could work his way up the card and this will give WWE time to see if he really has what it takes to be a dominant montser heel.

Clay looked powerful in the ring as opposed to say Mason Ryan vs R-Truth *lol*. He would only work as a monster heel or a monster body guard because of his size.

To everyone saying Del Rio ditched him why is he with Del Rio, I kinda thought it worked in Del Rio's favour. It made it looked like Del Rio only takes people who get somewhere and Clay got to the final. So it's like something a heel would do, claim someone as there own just because they got somewhere.

I don't mind that he debuts before the winner (the NXT prize for this season is utter bull...) and sure he's not the prettiest but if he's booked as a monster heel I'm pretty sure WWE wouldn't want some model-faced monster...

I agree, book him as a monster heel. Don't have him go over anyone big but he can destroy face jobbers for a while until they find something good for him storyline wise.

I thought the segment was horribly, horribly booked. Having a monster heel make his RAW debut by doing a clean job?

The problem was that you couldn't have a returning Christian do a clean job either, if you are looking to keep him in an elevated spot. Hell, I would have abandoned the match idea altogether. Just have Clay run down during a Del Rio/Christian match that just started, and have him brutalize the guy.

My ultimate problem is that it just didn't help anyone. Clay did the job and did show off any signature stuff, Christian beat somebody that, while huge, isn't a name, and Del Rio did the same beatdown he's done countless times before.

I like Brodus Clay. I think that this guy could be a legitimate old school monster heel. Someone mentioned King Kong Bundy, but I think more along the lines of Vader. Clay is pretty agile for his size and could make for a great obstacle for top faces. His exit promo from NXT was beyond phenomenal, and I really hope that WWE lets him execute what he promised.

I'm not sold on him hanging with Del Rio, simply because Del Rio is booked so dominantly that he doesn't need the muscle. I would consider associating him with The Miz, who while a joke of a champion, could become a little more legit with the monstrous Clay backing him up.

I'm sorry, but I don't think that guy is agile, in the slightest. Unless you can show me proof of his agility, i think I'm more agile than him. For a big guy to be considered agile he's gotta do something the average can't do. That's what worked for Vader (in his prime he'd do a moonsault!). I don't like this guy though. He looks more just fat and blob than anything intimidating. Is it supposed to be the beard and haircut? Cuz its not his body. He's fat all over and kinda tall. That's it. Vader had some substantial muscle mass and looked scary. Brodus needs to drop about 50lbs of fat and build about 30 in muscle and then he might have a shot.

Brodus = Vader + Taz. To those worried about the connection to ADR, it's not an issue. ADR was busy after RR, left Ricardo to act as intermediary between him and Clay and avoided the association between a WM mania eventer and the cesspit that is NXT. Given the showing Clay made, it's in keeping with ADR to now claim Clay as the product of his input.

As for the NXT result, Clay didn't need the win, and given ADR is penned for WM main event and Ricardo is still training in FCW, Clay would have been without a legit partner. Giving Curtis the win allows for a trial fued with Gabriel & Slater for the tag straps alongside R-Truth (at the same time saving RT from being Future End..for the time being). Curtis is a good looking gym rat while Brodus has a face that could scare babies, no question who Dunn and Vince would favor. But Brodus has such potential, he can be pushed even without winning - especially given he produced one of the best promos ever on NXT - albeit that's not saying much.

As for booking, Brodus needs to go in with skilled guys - Christian, Danielson or Morrison etc - depending on where people get drafted after WM27. Having a bodyguard like Clay, a role he is credible in given his history and size, helps ADR and gives Clay both a good mentor (don't forget how seasoned Dos Caras is) and positive rub by association with a future WH champ.

And to anyone who thinks Clay should be hanging around with Mike 'David Archette' Mizanin, please go away and learn about wrestling so you understand the difference between a quality vetern like Alberto 'Dos Caras' Del Rio and a reality TV reject like Mizanin. PV

And to anyone who thinks Clay should be hanging around with Mike 'David Archette' Mizanin, please go away and learn about wrestling so you understand the difference between a quality vetern like Alberto 'Dos Caras' Del Rio and a reality TV reject like Mizanin. PV

The simple fact of the matter is that Del Rio (and adding Dos Caras does not make you seem more knowledgeable, in case you're curious) does not need Brodus Clay. At all. He is booked to perfection as a dominant heel that can beat top level babyfaces. Having a 400 pound monster at ringside with him doesn't accomplish anything.

The Miz, however, is booked as a chickenshit heel that is beyond beatable. He is, in fact, a joke of a champion that should never have been given a title run. However, he has been given the title run, so all you can do is make the best of it. Brodus Clay could give Miz some legitimacy. Miz might not be fearsome, but book it properly and Clay could come out looking like a legitimate big time threat to top level faces, and the reason that Miz is at the main event level.

Del Rio does not need Clay. Clay does not need anyone. Miz though, does need someone as he simply isn't a legitimate threat on his own. A monster heel like Brodus Clay fits the bill perfectly.

I like what I see so far, he seems to have above-average agility for a big man.

And he offers a unique look from the typical 'cookie cutter' musclehead that come and go.

I liked the Rhino description and I think it should be used more.

Wrestling already had someone named Rhino, but I think it could be used to give Clay more of an individual identity.

Something like: "Brodus Clay, the Rhino of Wrestling'.

Wrestling had an 'Animal' before Batista used it too.

As to the whole NXT thing, it is a shame that WWE 'creative' is allowed to throw reality out the window whenevr they want to.

Winning NXT doesn't look a whole lot different from not winning it.

And it's nice to see Christain's return being such a big deal (note sarcasm).

And when did Del Rio reveal himself as the Raw GM, enabling him to set-up matches on a whim?

He looked alright but he's the slowest thing I've seen in a ring since Yokozuna. He seems like an injury waiting to happen, get a young inexperienced guy that big and sooner or later he's gonna hurt someone.

I thought he did pretty well for his first time on the big stage. I will say this though, they need to get him different wrestling gear. I like the singlet idea, but it needs to come closer to his neck. I just didn't like the man-boobs flopping all over the place whenever he ran. Other than that horrific image, I think he has the makings of a good monster heel. Really liked the headbut he delived to a running Christian. Looked pretty good.

I agree with a change of outfit, what is wearing now is very off putting haha. I think he would look better in a Vader Style outfit or even something like the Big Show would wear. Hide the man boobs!

It's been a long time since we have seen a huge guy like him who can wrestle. He's fresh and I feel he should really start being pushed as a monster heel.

I think he looked more like earthquake with a Mohawk or a tugboat. The could make him into something like one of those or a Vader or One man gang type of character. With the current PG status and gearing towards kids they really could create some really made up characters like they did during the 80's. Cartoonish and gimmicky. I mean that is how UT got his start and it might just work slightly with the right person and boom we have another person to beat the hell out of Cena. I mean Hogan had every huge/fat guy break his ribs and the cameras were in the Hospital with him asking us to send him letters to wish him a speedy recovery, when we all know he wasn't hurt it played into the story. Something like that that would bring the kids into an all new uproar over Cena and allow him to get a couple of weeks off and play the hospital thing again with him. They would get all kinds of letters and more kids wanting him to beat him. It would give him the rub to be a huge heel and push. Lets see it worked for King King Bundy, Earthquake, Kamala, almost every big guy the WWE brought in for Hogan and then some of them caught on for a while and got decent pushes.

honestly i didnt find his in ring work that good but he could get better. He could really go on a squashing fest like Earthquake and take out every Face.

He understands how to work as a big man which is refreshing. Personally I like monster heels so I hope he does well, in truth the booking for is lead in is not ideal because mystique plays a big part for a monster heel, but get him some new ring attire and keep him with Del Rio and I think he will be a big asset for the WWE.

He has some room for improvement and if slowly brought up the ranks could stick around. Only little things wrong with him now. Like said his attire and look need to change, show moves that showcase his ability, and please don't make that face. Looks like he is hacking up something on camera:wtf: I am happy to see a another big guy just hope WWE takes this the right direction.

I thought Clay looked pretty decent last night on Raw. Given his size, Clay came across as pretty agile to me. Of course he's not going to be in the same league, agility wise, as someone like John Morrison or Daniel Bryan. I'm not hugely familiar with him as I haven't really kept up with NXT since it was moved online but I thought he looked ok. He didn't seem slow or clumsy at all and it looks like he has a nice physical style for a big man.

From what I remember reading a few months back, Clay dropped over 100 pounds in weight prior to coming to NXT and Vince was impressed by that. He was asked to do it and he did it. He didn't bitch and moan about it on Twitter or complain to anybody about it like a lot of wrestlers do these days when they've got their marching orders. That's basic professionalism that quickly seems to be dying out.

I think Clay has a pretty good look overall. While yes he's definitely on the chubby side, he's a chubby guy that looks intimidating and, from what I keep hearing, he's even said to be pretty good on the mic.

So yeah, we'll just have to see what happens to him over time.

I've heard about Clay before, but never saw him in action until last night. Mainly because I would rather castrate myself then sit through 5 minutes of NXT. Clay looked a beast and is pretty agile in the ring. I didn't get to see enough of him in the ring or even hear his promo from NXT to make a judgment on him. However, with that monster look and being decent in the ring and on the mic, I think we can expect big things from him. He didn't win NXT, so we don't have to worry about him being fired or buried.. yet.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back