MD 25 - Phoenix vs Ace David

Status
Not open for further replies.

Harthan

Sic Semper Tyrannosaurus
WZCWMD253.jpg

Tag team champions and challengers work solo this week, as Phoenix challenges one half of the world tag team champions, Ace David.

Deadline is June 29th at 11:59 EST.

Ace is polishing his belt in the locker room. He does not look happy.

He stands and straps the title around his waist and looks in the mirror.

Ace: Well, you defend your prize at Civil Revolution now. Be prepared, be hard and make sure you don’t fuck this up. Be what you truly are… A champion.

Big Dave then enters the room looking over his shoulder. He closes the door. His title hangs over his shoulder as he turns towards Ace.

Dave: Hey man, what’s happening? I just heard Black and Phoenix have a title opportunity at Civil Revolution.

Ace: I know, I just found out too.

There is a short pause between the two champions. Finally they both smile.

Ace: Well, this is why we are champions. We are the best and apparently they are the next team on the ladder. You know why we lost that match against them don’t you?

Dave: We didn’t have the chance to team up together for weeks before that match. We were rusty and shouldn’t have allowed them to get that pin but it happened. Now we have to make sure we take care of business and clarify to everyone in these locker rooms that we are worthy of these titles and no team is even close to taking them away from us.

Ace: Absolutely. I think if we keep our cool and play to our strengths, we’ll beat them. They’re an ok team and yeah, maybe they are rightfully the number one contenders but that doesn’t mean they are championship worthy. These championships belong on us right now and there are no teams currently that can beat us when it counts.

Dave: You’re 100% correct but this is what a champion does. He defends his gold, he holds it up and dares someone to try and take it from them. That’s what makes a true champion. This is our chance to prove why we are the champs.

Ace: You know when I first came to WZCW all I wanted and dreamt of was winning the world title. But now I have this around my waist (Ace pats his championship belt) I can’t imagine losing it. It’s my life right now and it’s all I want. I want this around my waist everyday and I’ll do anything to keep it that way. We’re gonna leave Civil Revolution champions, I know we will.

Dave: You’re right. I have a match against Black next Meltdown. I’m gonna give him a taste of things to expect at Civil Revolution. He’s gonna be pinned, submitted or unable to continue by the end of the night and then it’s on to the pay per view where we can as a team prove to them they’re not in our league.

Ace: Yeah, I have Phoenix next week and if I have anything to do with it he’ll be unable to compete at the pay per view. My heart is so strong for these titles that it’s going to be hard to keep me down for a three count and there is no way I’ll tap. Wether it’s next week on Meltdown or at Civil Revolution I’ll be winning and walking back up that ramp holding this title in the air.

Ace removes his title and holds it up. Dave lifts his off his shoulder and slaps it against Ace’s raised belt.

Ace and Dave: To Civil Revolution.

Ace: And championship gold.

Dave: You got that right, I’ll see you later on. Remember, we’re champs for a reason. We have this in the bag.

Dave leaves and shuts the door behind him. Ace smiles and looks back in the mirror fastening his belt back around his waist.

Ace: Well, I have a card game to attend.

Ace flashes the camera another smile and puts 4 aces up his sleeve as he exits the locker room.

The scene opens with Phoenix standing with Becky Serra. Phoenix looks to be in a good mood this week, as a half-smile is visible through his blue and orange face paint.

Ladies and gentlemen, my guest at this time, Phoenix. Phoenix, first any thoughts on last week’s match against the Full House Daves?

What is there to say? Garth and I went out and did exactly what we said we were going to do. And that is win. I am so glad we are finally getting a fair chance to prove that we are better than these losers.

How can you call the Tag Team Champions losers? That’s like saying one thing, then the exact opposite!

You mean an oxymoron?

Becky stands with a blank look on her face. Phoenix stares at her in disbelief for a moment, then begins answering the question.

You would think so, but it isn’t. Together, they make a solid, stereotypical tag team. Big Dave is the muscle. He couldn’t pass first grade math, but he can kick your ass without too much trouble. Ace, on the other hand, is the mouth. He will talk smack until he is blue in the face, but he leaves it up to the big guy to actually follow through on it.

It’ll probably take a little work, but I’m sure Garth can take Big Dave without too much trouble. Garth is a very smart man, and he will be able to outsmart the big guy and get the win. I have it easy this week. Ace may be able to beat me in a game of cards or at a battle of the bands, but there is no way in hell he can beat me in that ring. All I know is that Ace had better not be thinking about Civil Revolution, because I will make sure he won’t be there if he looks past this week.

Last week was step one of three to us becoming tag team champions. This week Garth and I will both be victorious in our singles matches, completing step two. Then, finally, at Civil Revolution, we will get our fair shot at the Tag Team Championship, and the Second Coming will begin.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back