• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Matt Hardy's "Mystery Partner" is Revealed Chris Harris is Back in TNA!

…and could Matt Hardy's partner have been any better a choice, really? Sure there was always the idea that Jeff could be ready to return, but frankly, it's just too soon, and TNA is still recovering from his Victory Road blunder. Frankly, they're in no position to be enabling his drug habit any more than they already have.

Not only does Harris have the history with both TNA and with James Storm, his former America's Most Wanted tag-team partner, but he actually adds a bit of credibility to the ranks of Immortal as they actually obtain another member who can go in the ring.

I was never huge on Harris, but I'm kinda glad to see him back in TNA.

Thoughts on this?

A couple of points on this one.

1. TNA really didn't have many other options here. So bringing in Harris was more convenient to their needs than risking on an unknown.

2. I felt like not having him speak was a mistake. They had an opportunity to have him come out and set up the angle between himself and Storm in a big way and the missed that opprtunity. It could have added some depth to the matchup and they fanned on that one.

A couple of points on this one.

1. TNA really didn't have many other options here. So bringing in Harris was more convenient to their needs than risking on an unknown.

2. I felt like not having him speak was a mistake. They had an opportunity to have him come out and set up the angle between himself and Storm in a big way and the missed that opprtunity. It could have added some depth to the matchup and they fanned on that one.

True, who else could come in that had history with both members of Beer Money inc. Also, yeah they could have let Harris talk a little, but i guess they went for the shock factor instead. It kind of worked did you see the look on James Storms face?

he looked a little out of shape, but he can work on that. as long as he can still wrestle like he used to, he should be a good addition to immortal.

Since he didn't talk anyway, they should have had all four stand there silently for 45 seconds staring at a TNA Sacrifice sign.:ass:

True, who else could come in that had history with both members of Beer Money inc. Also, yeah they could have let Harris talk a little, but i guess they went for the shock factor instead. It kind of worked did you see the look on James Storms face?

I agree with you that the moment helped to build some intrigue, but if Harris had been allowed to "tell the story" of why he returned and was teaming up with Immortal, it would have added far more energy to this match.

Admittedly, I liked the moment but was disappointed that they didn't go that next step. Reminded me of the Undertaker v. HHH moment on Raw when they just stared at each other which I thought was just a waste. (just using the storytelling aspect comparison here and not a WWE v. TNA comparison.)

Hopefully what we'll see is Beer Money win this thing, then have Harris and Storm either reunite post-match or have the swerve where Harris blindsides Storm unexpectedly. (the latter I think is far less likely to happen. )

If we're to believe the dirtsheets, it sounds like Roode is headed for a singles push, which means they have to get him out of Beer Money. So either they lose the tag titles, Roode walks out on Storm, turning Roode heel and Harris saves Storm from an Immortal beatdown post-match. Or, somehow Beer Money comes out of the match intact, but then they break them up pretty quickly afterward.

I see AMW reforming as faces, Roode as a heel pursuing Sting or Anderson for the Championship. I just don't see RVD fitting into this equation long term as a viable part of any storyline with Roode, Anderson, or Sting.

If we're to believe the dirtsheets, it sounds like Roode is headed for a singles push, which means they have to get him out of Beer Money. So either they lose the tag titles, Roode walks out on Storm, turning Roode heel and Harris saves Storm from an Immortal beatdown post-match. Or, somehow Beer Money comes out of the match intact, but then they break them up pretty quickly afterward.

Brian in Austin, if true (because dirt sheets are rarely true anyways) i can see something else happening. Again if true, why not have James Storm turn heel and join Immortal? This way you kill two birds with one stone. 1 you have the reunion of America's Most Wanted (part of Immortal). 2 Robert "Bobby" Roode goes solo (while still part of fortune). Maybe thats not what you wanted, but it could still work.

after the rockers Michael got DX which helped make him a superstar,

Umm, HBK was already a huge star before he created DX. He was the face of the company for a couple years before DX.

I think for Roode to really be effective for a main event singles run, he should be heel. His mic skills, and personality are way better when he's a heel compared to face. I remember his Wall Street gimmick with Ms. Juggs where Eric Young was basically his slave. That angle really showed how big a hated heel he can be.

Umm, HBK was already a huge star before he created DX. He was the face of the company for a couple years before DX.

I think for Roode to really be effective for a main event singles run, he should be heel. His mic skills, and personality are way better when he's a heel compared to face. I remember his Wall Street gimmick with Ms. Juggs where Eric Young was basically his slave. That angle really showed how big a hated heel he can be.

Good point. Roode is an excellent Heel. However, they need him to be the face for the break up of Beer money. That way it's Storm that leaves Fortune and goes on to reform AMW with Harris. That way they can go back to having four members in Fortune.

Even though i wa a fan of AMW i hope they dont break Beer Money up, i have really enjoyed watching them , imo they are the best tag team ive seen in years , probably my fave since Tully nd Arn teamed up . If they do break up Roode would be much better as a heel as someonelse said his personality is just suited for the heel role and is defenatly world champ material.

Even though i wa a fan of AMW i hope they dont break Beer Money up, i have really enjoyed watching them , imo they are the best tag team ive seen in years , probably my fave since Tully nd Arn teamed up . If they do break up Roode would be much better as a heel as someonelse said his personality is just suited for the heel role and is defenatly world champ material.

I have to agree here. I just don't see how they could write Roode as a singles face. Especially when you consider his empassioned promo he recently cut on Impact, they'd have to write him as this superface (can you say John Cena?) who is passionate about the business of wrestling. Or he'd have to be this superwrestler/machine kinda guy who is technically more sound (excellence of execution redo?) than any other wrestler in the world. So writing him as a smug, self-centered "I'm better than you" character seems the easier thing to do, and he's proven that he can flourish in that type of role.

It will certainly be interesting to see how quickly they move him to a singles career and how that happens.

Roode had that promo on one of the recent episodes of Impact where he was talking to Hogan. I remember on multiple times he said Hogan's full name, Hulk Hogan. he came over as true face against the heel. I was wondering if because of this that he could actually turn and become heel. this would be a swerve that people would not expect.

Immortal has been looking for someone who can be their main event championship material. maybe this could be Roode? the tag team of "Beer Money" is made up of Storm who is the "Beer" and Roode who is the "Money". maybe Roode could turn heel and say it's all about the "money"? this would work better if someone in Immortal had the "money" to offer up to Roode, or if Roode thought he could make more money being the champion for Immortal. back in the days of WCW/nWo it was the Giant who joined with nWo after he took the money offered from the Million Dollar Man Ted Dibiase.

this whole situation would be easier if Beer Money were not tag team champions. one of Storm/Roode can't really turn on the other while they are still champions, right? last year Matt Morgan had both tag team titles and got to pick who he wanted as his partner, but wasn't that because Hernandez was injured? now maybe one of Storm/Roode can cost them the titles against some other tag team, and that could cause one to turn on the other. but what other tag team is there right now that could get a title challenge? are MCMG healthy? if they are they might even start a feud with Mexican America? or do Mexican America themselves get a title shot? Ink Ink lost to Mexican America, so they shouldn't get a title shot. the Buck brothers are wrestling in singles. Steiner/Crimson tagged some, but Crimson has his singles streak going and Steiner is feuding with Morgan. Doug Williams/Magnus tagged recently, but they should not be on the level to get a title shot. Orlando Jordan/Eric Young really shouldn't be getting a title shot. if it was Matt Hardy/Harris again and they became champions, then that wouldn't allow Harris and Storm to reform AMW because Harris would be tag team champions with Matt Hardy. could Matt give his title to Storm?

I never watched TNA before when America's Most Wanted were together, so I have no idea if reformed if they would be better as heel or face. when I saw Harris was back my first thinking was that Storm could turn heel with Harris to reform AMW and they could be the heel tag team for Immortal, and that would leave Roode along with Styles/Kazarian/Daniels as FOUR members of Fortune.

IF America's Most Wanted are to reunite, I would say it doesn't look like it's going to happen sooner rather than later.

Roode had that promo on one of the recent episodes of Impact where he was talking to Hogan. I remember on multiple times he said Hogan's full name, Hulk Hogan. he came over as true face against the heel. I was wondering if because of this that he could actually turn and become heel. this would be a swerve that people would not expect.

Immortal has been looking for someone who can be their main event championship material. maybe this could be Roode? the tag team of "Beer Money" is made up of Storm who is the "Beer" and Roode who is the "Money". maybe Roode could turn heel and say it's all about the "money"? this would work better if someone in Immortal had the "money" to offer up to Roode, or if Roode thought he could make more money being the champion for Immortal. back in the days of WCW/nWo it was the Giant who joined with nWo after he took the money offered from the Million Dollar Man Ted Dibiase.

this whole situation would be easier if Beer Money were not tag team champions. one of Storm/Roode can't really turn on the other while they are still champions, right? last year Matt Morgan had both tag team titles and got to pick who he wanted as his partner, but wasn't that because Hernandez was injured? now maybe one of Storm/Roode can cost them the titles against some other tag team, and that could cause one to turn on the other. but what other tag team is there right now that could get a title challenge? are MCMG healthy? if they are they might even start a feud with Mexican America? or do Mexican America themselves get a title shot? Ink Ink lost to Mexican America, so they shouldn't get a title shot. the Buck brothers are wrestling in singles. Steiner/Crimson tagged some, but Crimson has his singles streak going and Steiner is feuding with Morgan. Doug Williams/Magnus tagged recently, but they should not be on the level to get a title shot. Orlando Jordan/Eric Young really shouldn't be getting a title shot. if it was Matt Hardy/Harris again and they became champions, then that wouldn't allow Harris and Storm to reform AMW because Harris would be tag team champions with Matt Hardy. could Matt give his title to Storm?

I never watched TNA before when America's Most Wanted were together, so I have no idea if reformed if they would be better as heel or face. when I saw Harris was back my first thinking was that Storm could turn heel with Harris to reform AMW and they could be the heel tag team for Immortal, and that would leave Roode along with Styles/Kazarian/Daniels as FOUR members of Fortune.

IF America's Most Wanted are to reunite, I would say it doesn't look like it's going to happen sooner rather than later.

Well right now the tag team scene looks like this:

Beer Money - Champs

MCMG - Alex Shelley is out with an injury.

Gen Me - Were splitting up and Max Buck is coming off a good showing from his X division match with Kaz last night.

Ink Inc. - Were on the verge of splitting up then started feuding with Mexican America

Mexican America - Feuding with Ink Inc.

Beer Money v. Mexican America seems like the most logical choice right now, but the wild card in all of this is Jeff Hardy. IF his court case gets resolved and he avoids jail time, we could see The Hardy Boyz reunited and make a run for the tag titles in TNA. To me, that would have been something in the back of my mind as a writer would be that if Hardy hadn't had his issues and eventually dropped the world title, that having he and Matt make a run at those titles would make perfect sense and sort of give them a full trophy case. Unfortunately, it sounds like Hardy is probably going to do some jail time, even if it's a short term thing. This means he might wind up fired (for real) meaning Matt Hardy would likely remain a singles competitor.

I do think that a seemingly unbeatable big man team like Matt Morgan/Abyss, Crimson/Abyss, or Crimson/Morgan could make for a good storyline. Then you could build a series of matches with someone like MCMG, or even Beer Money. Heck, you could reform AMW and have them make a run if Roode is written to a singles career. Lots of options.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back