3-Thragtusk
2-Beast Within
4-Glissa, the Traitor
4-Rancor

9-Forest
8-Swamp
3-Cavern of Souls
4-Woodland Cementary

My newest creation. Fun as hell to play. And easy too. Turn 1 land go...land Elvish Visonary/Perilous Myr. I would rather get the elf for some card advantage but either will work...turn 3 Glissa turn 4 Rancor that bitch.

Glissa is now a 5/3 first strike, deathtouch, trample, and gets another arifact for me :) infinite myr (ping for 2) destroys any aritfacts/enchaments. Post side, it also gives me infinite ratchet bombs.

Haven't been on here in forever, loving it now that I'm back, but MTG is an amazing game, been playing it for about a year and half. I got about 15 or so decks fellas,my favorite is my Red/Black/White Vampire and Token Deck. I got all colors too. I got a few friends that play and together we got a deck just about for everything lol. I've only won one tournament though, work makes it hard.

attachment.php

That's the new planeswalker for the new set Return To Ravnica. I love this card so much. She kills creatures other threats, protects herself, and wins you the game. Green Black control will be the new deck.

attachment.php

That's the new planeswalker for the new set Return To Ravnica. I love this card so much. She kills creatures other threats, protects herself, and wins you the game. Green Black control will be the new deck.

I heard she's going to be perma banned from Tournys. She's just too damn powerful. The new Jace however is SUPER UNDERPOWERED and I think he is the WORST Jace possibility

lvuc3cqmjd_en.jpg

I heard she's going to be perma banned from Tournys. She's just too damn powerful.

That makes no sense at all. She's good, but she's no Mind Sculpter, and even that flew under the radar of most formats until CAW Blade became a thing. I'd really love to know who actually thinks this, and I'd like to know why such a silly statement is being made. LULZ, too damn powerful...yeah, except for not really being able to protect herself beyond removing one permanent/rattlesnaking any creature that might swing at her.

Also, "perma banned"? WTF?

The new Jace however is SUPER UNDERPOWERED and I think he is the WORST Jace possibility.

How is a mini-Fact or Ficiton SUPER UNDERPOWERED? How is casting spells for free bad? Even his 1st ability is relevant against swarm strategies like Tokens which are always incredibly popular.

I don't know enough about the Eternal formats to know if Vraska will get banned. I imagine the meta-game will decide that, of course. There's about what, 15-20 cards banned in each Eternal Format? JMS in Legacy is just about the only thing I know. I mean, it's not like they can ban her from Standard or anything.

The new Jace is good. He's no JMS, but he's being pre-ordered at $25 for a reason.

He's being pre-sold at 25 because he is a planeswalker. Tibalt from Avacyn was pre-selling for 20 and look where he is. I think I can buy a playset for 5 bucks.

Anyways, Return to Ravnica is coming up at the begining of October and they have been spoiling cards left and right. New LOL (can't remember teh real name) troll. For a GB, a trample 2/1 creature, discard a creature card to put a +1+1 counter on him. and for 1 B you can regnerate. How dome is that. He is also a Zombie, so you can bring back gravecrawler. I'll post a decklist when I get it for my deck I have made.

I don't know enough about the Eternal formats to know if Vraska will get banned. I imagine the meta-game will decide that, of course. There's about what, 15-20 cards banned in each Eternal Format? JMS in Legacy is just about the only thing I know. I mean, it's not like they can ban her from Standard or anything.

Anything with the words "Ante" are banned in all formats. In Vintage, there are 3 other banned cards, plus a list of 44 Restricted cards. In Legacy, all banned or Restricted Vintage cards are banned, plus other adding to a total of 60 cards (at the moment). Modern, a pseudo-eternal format, has a ban list of 29 cards.

Vintage bans almost never happen anymore. Legacy is rather set in stone, and they usually unban more often than add to the list. Modern is still a format finding itself, and so more bannings may come to it but I'd be surprised to see a newer card get banned as opposed to something older (most recently, Punishing Fire for it's interaction with Grove of the Burnwillows and Wild Nacatl because it's presence kept other aggro strategies from being viable).

Vraska is not going to be banned, period. What the hell does she do or potentialy enable that would warrant a banning? I haven't heard anything about this before now..

DirtyJosé;4118143 said:
Anything with the words "Ante" are banned in all formats. In Vintage, there are 3 other banned cards, plus a list of 44 Restricted cards. In Legacy, all banned or Restricted Vintage cards are banned, plus other adding to a total of 60 cards (at the moment). Modern, a pseudo-eternal format, has a ban list of 29 cards.

Vintage bans almost never happen anymore. Legacy is rather set in stone, and they usually unban more often than add to the list. Modern is still a format finding itself, and so more bannings may come to it but I'd be surprised to see a newer card get banned as opposed to something older (most recently, Punishing Fire for it's interaction with Grove of the Burnwillows and Wild Nacatl because it's presence kept other aggro strategies from being viable).

Vraska is not going to be banned, period. What the hell does she do or potentialy enable that would warrant a banning? I haven't heard anything about this before now..

I'm not suggesting she should be or that I've heard anything at all about it. Like I said, banning and eternal formats are things I know next to nothing about.

He's being pre-sold at 25 because he is a planeswalker. Tibalt from Avacyn was pre-selling for 20 and look where he is. I think I can buy a playset for 5 bucks.

Nah, Tibalt speculation was based on their being more for him to interact with well in AVR, plus the hope that AVR and M13 would bring about a deck for him. These things never came to pass, hence his price drop.

Jace 4 is preselling for 25 because there will be a deck for him and he is pretty good.

Anyways, Return to Ravnica is coming up at the begining of October and they have been spoiling cards left and right. New LOL (can't remember teh real name) troll. For a GB, a trample 2/1 creature, discard a creature card to put a +1+1 counter on him. and for 1 B you can regnerate. How dome is that. He is also a Zombie, so you can bring back gravecrawler. I'll post a decklist when I get it for my deck I have made.

Yeah, that guy excited me too. He can be aggro, he can be reanimator/GY deck enabler (ala Putrid Imp). Just really good shit right there. Seems like they've given Golgari lots of love for taking away Dredge.

I started playing Magic early this year after watching some friends play and I immediately became hooked! In that time, I've attained quite the collection of cards thru buying boosters, singles, starter decks, buying them online and in shops, everything! I was really into Yu-Gi-Oh growing up but MTG is defintely the better game. A lot more strategy and thought goes into duels and deck-building that really draws me into it. I have many decks, employing a wide variety of tactics and featuring cards from many different blocks. My friends and I play Legacy exclusively. It's just more fun to buy whatever cards you like, from any time, and make decks from those. I played in one tournament, for the M13 release, and I did pretty bad so I'm not sure if I'll play another lol, but I have plenty of fun playing with just my friends. Great game, very glad I got into it!

Been a while since I've posted here so I think it's time. I've been playing a bit of a combo deck recently called omnidoor thragfire but I play without the works fire. Tr deck basically plays omniscience into door to nothingness with a a temporal mastery. It's plays a total of 25 lands and 13 ramp spells and 6 board sweepers in the main. Other treats include 1 thragtusk a grisslebrand and an angel of serenity. Very fun deck to play ad so far I kill a lot of top teir decks turn 7. Only thing that really gets me is a hard control deck

So I just decided to pick some cards up. A Green/Black deck seems to look pretty good nowadays any thoughts?

I've tried drafting Theros 3 times, and three times the MTGO god have not looked kindly upon me. I never pay attention to Standard, but I'm pretty out of touch of most all formats at the moment.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back