Micheal Jordan or Magic Johnson

DaBadGuy

Occasional Pre-Show
Most of the time when someone says who's the greatest Gaurd and NBA player the name Michael Jordan usually pops up. Now I am a fan of Jordan I think he's the greatest but what about Magic Johnson he was what everbody wanted to be in the 80's before Michael. It's kinda hard for me to say being that I grew up watching Jordan and not Magic unless you are counting the year he played in 96. Statiscally I say Magic had Mike in all catagorys except scoring but for a 6'9" PG you really don't excpect lease, kinda like the same deal with LeBron James. Jordan had that killer instinct and can kill anyone anytime he wanted and one of the greatest definsive minds in the game. So in my biased opinion I would pick Mike but thats only because I grew up actually watching him.

You are not a nice man for making me make this decision, LOL!

How can I choose between these two greats? Jordan is hailed as the G.O.A.T and rightfully so, but you make a good point that Magic was THAT GUY before Jordan became the legend he is today. For that matter you could bring up a number of players who could contend to that title based on opinion alone like Oscar Robertson, Pete Maravich, Bill Walton, Jerry West, etc....

Magic was one of the greats, but Jordan is the Best you can't get any better than that. LeBron and Kobe have both done things that Jordan never did statistically, but if you had to pick between Jordan, Kobe, Lebron, or Magic, who are you going to choose? That's right, Jordan. One of the best clutch players ever, one of the best scorers ever, one of the best shooters ever, one of the best defensive players ever, on and on. And, nobody ever has or ever will do for the game of basketball what Michael Jordan did.

Not even a choice, really. MJ is the greatest of all time, no questions asked. 6 titles, clearly the alpha dog on all those title teams, and did it all with average teammates other than Pippen.

Not only was he the most talented player, but he worked the hardest and was a stone cold killer out on the court. Sure, he wasn't the best teammate, but it was because he always demanded the best out of everyone around him.

Magic is great as well, don't get me wrong, second greatest guard of all time. What was incredible about him was home many different times he reinvented himself to meet the needs his team had at the time.

Magic Johnson is the greatest point guard of all time. He is probably the only player in NBA history that could have been an all start at all 5 positions. That being said, Michael Jordan is the greatest basketball player to ever live. There really isn't much of an argument that can be made to the contrary.

I really want to say Magic, because he made the Lakers. His passes were phenominal. He could also play every position ( he actually started centre one time in his first year in the NBA finals). But Michael Jordan is well MJ. He could just beat you in every aspect. He had fantastic D and a unexplainable offense. Like Disarray said he won 3 titles with everyone being average except Pippen, and another 3 with an average offense ( not including Pippen), and he doid work his ass off. I mean if your high school coach is saying you wouldn't make it anywhere and you become the greatest of all time then thats saying something.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back