Macho Man Randy Savage Dead at 58 *Keep It All In Here*

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am really drunk typing this but this really ahook my up tonight. My frienf said to me tat Savage was dead and I dit belibe him, but just got in noe and seenthe news and it has really shook me up and i was not evena Savage back in the day,. I am too young to have seen alot foh sia carreer but as a HUGE wrestling fan I obnviously appreaciate everything Savage did for the business.

It is a huge travesty that he is not with uas to righfully accept his place in the HOF, when it is so well deserved.

Please do not red rep me for positing drunken shir, I am so upset by the neews of Savage'sa passing that I HAD tob p[ost somethingt, if anyign move my post to the "general" section, but dont red rep me,I just had to sharte myt Savage thoghts with my wreslting-fan friends

OOOOOHHHH YEEEEAAAHHH

I know I'm gonna miss the Macho Man, as I'm sure the rest of you will... When I heard, I honestly teared up a little. Bought a t-shirt for myself and my oldest son today. Watching Randy fight was the best bonding time my son and I ever had... *sniff*

If anyone's wondering, here's the t-shirt I got. http://www.zazzle.com/rip_macho_man_randy_savage_tshirt-235140516853801071

My brother told me they have a mug too, but I can't find it. If anyone knows where it is, please let me know. Of all the years I've been watching, Randy Savage has been the one true great for me. Shame he didn't get to see the hall of fame in his lifetime...

I've been watching wrestling for 30 years. Wrestlers come and go. Sometimes they leave me with short memories, and sometimes with never ending memories.

I saw Randy Savage perform live at countless events over the years. And he was always one of the highlights of the show for me. I saw him at Wrestlemania 3 in an epic match vs. Ricky Steamboat. Although at the time I was actually a huge Steamboat fan, lol. I saw Savage perform many times during the WCW/nWo years. I always loved watching him perform in the ring, and maybe even more out of the ring when he was cutting promos. I could probably sit here and write about him all night.

One of the best of all time. Macho Man is definitely one of the guys who gave me never ending memories! Oooooh Yeeeah!!!

I have posted here many times the respect and admiration I have for Randy Savage. He was one of the best all around performers the wrestling world has ever seen. His in ring ability was second to none during his prime years in the WWF. Savage always gave the fans something to remember and more times than not was involved in the best match of the night. He truly was a star. When he entered an arena everyone took notice. He just had that presence about him. Savage put everything he had into everything he did. He brought an unmatched intensity to all of his feuds. Go back and try to find one feud that involved Savage where he didn’t make it feel like an important personal grudge match. If today’s stars displayed a just fraction of emotion and passion that Savage did throughout his career they would all be better off. I’d say Randy Savage is one of the top five most famous wrestlers ever. If you were to ask a non wrestling fan to name five wrestlers they would probably say Hulk Hogan, Andre the Giant, The Rock, and then probably Savage. Think back to when WWF had its biggest national exposure during its expansion years. Think of the early WrestleManias and Saturday Night’s Main Event. Savage always shined brightest on the big stage.

For me personally, Randy Savage was involved in the match that made me a fan for life. Even though I was still a very young child it was in October 1987 that I realized wrestling was so much more than big guys fighting each other. It was then that my eyes were opened to how important drama and emotion was to wrestling and it was thanks to Randy Savage. His feud with The Honky Tonk Man and their match on SNME remains a favorite of mine to this day. About a year before that my older brother, still a young kid at the time, took on Savage as his favorite wrestler. I found it strange that he liked a bad guy. I couldn’t believe he actually wanted Savage to beat Hogan for the title. Savage was so cool that he made it cool to like the bad guy. All these years later I still love wrestling, but I don’t look at through a child’s eyes anymore. Now that I’m an adult I see the wrestlers as guys who make their living in sports entertainment. I will always view Savage though a child’s eyes. Because of that he will always be a larger than life superstar to me.

This actually is a very sad thing to happen to the wrestling community. He was a great performer and it is truly ironic that he died today. Yesterday I was writing up who should be on the Hall of Fame polls for Wrestlezone and I rewatched his match with Steamboat and came to the realization that if he was performing today he would be amazing. And now today he is gone. It is truly a tragedy for the wrestling world. Am I as sad as some others? No, but I am disappointed he is gone.

I have posted here many times the respect and admiration I have for Randy Savage. He was one of the best all around performers the wrestling world has ever seen. His in ring ability was second to none during his prime years in the WWF. Savage always gave the fans something to remember and more times than not was involved in the best match of the night. He truly was a star. When he entered an arena everyone took notice. He just had that presence about him. Savage put everything he had into everything he did. He brought an unmatched intensity to all of his feuds. Go back and try to find one feud that involved Savage where he didn’t make it feel like an important personal grudge match. If today’s stars displayed a just fraction of emotion and passion that Savage did throughout his career they would all be better off. I’d say Randy Savage is one of the top five most famous wrestlers ever. If you were to ask a non wrestling fan to name five wrestlers they would probably say Hulk Hogan, Andre the Giant, The Rock, and then probably Savage. Think back to when WWF had its biggest national exposure during its expansion years. Think of the early WrestleManias and Saturday Night’s Main Event. Savage always shined brightest on the big stage.

For me personally, Randy Savage was involved in the match that made me a fan for life. Even though I was still a very young child it was in October 1987 that I realized wrestling was so much more than big guys fighting each other. It was then that my eyes were opened to how important drama and emotion was to wrestling and it was thanks to Randy Savage. His feud with The Honky Tonk Man and their match on SNME remains a favorite of mine to this day. About a year before that my older brother, still a young kid at the time, took on Savage as his favorite wrestler. I found it strange that he liked a bad guy. I couldn’t believe he actually wanted Savage to beat Hogan for the title. Savage was so cool that he made it cool to like the bad guy. All these years later I still love wrestling, but I don’t look at through a child’s eyes anymore. Now that I’m an adult I see the wrestlers as guys who make their living in sports entertainment. I will always view Savage though a child’s eyes. Because of that he will always be a larger than life superstar to me.

Well said my fellow Savage fan. You made a comment about always seeing Savage through childs eyes and I couldnt agree more except I call it the Santa Claus factor. When you didnt know Santa was fake you were SOOOO excited christmas eve but when you found out he wasnt, it changed christmas. You still love christmas but you dont have THAT excitement and Savage was my santa claus before I found out wrestling was staged. And now that I get wrestling and understand the inside of the business I dont watch it rooting for individual wrestlers but I root for the show in a whole to be entertaining however anytime I watch old Savage matches I watch them with my "childs eyes" as you put it and it brings me back. Ive done this all day today as I mourn.

He was my favourite performer growing up. Nobody (or very few) could work a match like Savage. This first wrestling rivalry I saw was Savage defending his IC title against Tito Santana. I'd watch him enter the ring with sunglasses and beat performers like they were chopped liver.

AS a performer, He worked injured (or not) and gave a full 100% every night. He cut pretty good promos and no one dropped the elbow like he did. When he won the WWF heavyweight title, I was overjoyed and couldn't help buying all the magazines with him on the cover. I want to remember his great matches and how he contributed to WWE.

I am a little pissed off that the man was ignored by WWE for an eternity and now they want to present him as their long lost friend. It strikes me as being less than genuine. I hope they actually do something and put him the WWE HoF

It's so sad to think that one of my childhood wrestling hero's is now gone.......

And what really sickens me, is how WWE is pretending to care about him....they don't, their stupid little HOF is a JOKE without Macho Man, and now they are trying to capitalize on his unfortunate passing, eventually he'll get a post-humus induction, but really what the fuck will it mean w/o Mr.Poffo himself to accept the award? He deserved better, and they never let him back in or ever treated him with the respect he deserves. W/O Macho Man the landscape of Pro Wrestling is much different, What is wrestling without Steamboat vs Savage? arguably the greatest match of the last 30+ years

It's a real shame, I think it's sad he died before he was inducted into the HOF surely this will be done next year.

Urgghh just woken up so hungover, and seen my laptop lying on the floor next to the bed.

Fuck me, I posted a horrific drunken rambling message last night! lol!

Anyway, I still cant believe Savage is gone. He is just one of those guys that IS WRESTLING. Like Hogan or the Warrior, he he one of those names that even non-fans know and associate with the business and it seemed like he would live forever.

This is really hard to take news, I am still shocked and the WWE better put this man in the HOF, it is a disgrace that he is not already because very few have made contributions to the wrestling business as important as Randy Savage

RIP Macho Man, pass on our best wishes to Owen, Rude, Eddie and the other guys. You will not be forgotten

I know im late but i recently remebered my password but i have to go in on this, R.I.P to One of the top 10 Wrestlers and performers of all time "Macho Man" Randy Savage.... Its cfrazy because the day before this happened me and my friends were having a big discussion on him and the next morning i see he's dead, very very sad, and at 58 he had atleast one last match in em(maybe against Mcmahon)... Hopefully at WM 29 he gets inducted into the Hall of Fame or F it this year at WM 28 as the deceaesed entrant.... Either way I hope GOD has Randall's soul so one day i can see him... Favourite MAcho MAn moment has to be when he won WCW World War 3 seeing i watched that PPV... My favourite Macho Man match of all time is him vs. Ultimate Warrior at WM7... Im a wrestling Genius so ima put all his accoplisments on here he did in the WWE/F and WCW....

2x WWE/F Champion(defeated Ted Dibease and Ric Flair)
1x Intercontential Champion(defeated Tito Santana)
5x WCW Champion
WCW World War 3 winner(last eliminating One Man Gang)
Feuds: Tito Santana, Ricky Steamboat, Ted Dibease, Hulk Hogan, Ultimate Warrior, Jake The Snake Roberts, Ric Flair, Crush, Lex Luger, NWO, Kevin Nash, and Psyco Sid Vicious....

Valets: Miss Elizabeth, Sensational Queen Sherri, and Gorgeous George(Molly Holly)...

RIP Randy Savage.
Lots of memories of him in and out of the ring.

Like when Randy Savage BODIED Hulk Hogan in the form of rap.
[YOUTUBE]dG7jTAGliyY[/YOUTUBE]

Think I'll take the time this weekend to watch some classic Randy Savage matches.

He was my favourite performer growing up. Nobody (or very few) could work a match like Savage. This first wrestling rivalry I saw was Savage defending his IC title against Tito Santana. I'd watch him enter the ring with sunglasses and beat performers like they were chopped liver.

AS a performer, He worked injured (or not) and gave a full 100% every night. He cut pretty good promos and no one dropped the elbow like he did. When he won the WWF heavyweight title, I was overjoyed and couldn't help buying all the magazines with him on the cover. I want to remember his great matches and how he contributed to WWE.

I am a little pissed off that the man was ignored by WWE for an eternity and now they want to present him as their long lost friend. It strikes me as being less than genuine. I hope they actually do something and put him the WWE HoF

I have to agree with this but in a way I wouldn't be too upset if he wasn't put in the WWE Hall of Fame. Does he deserve it? No fucking shit. Very few and I mean VERY FEW people deserve the honor more than Macho Man. He should've been in years ago. But he's a Hall of Famer in all of our eyes. The WWE Hall of Fame is just a kiss ass political thing that has to do with Vince and who he's on good terms with.

Knowing Drew Carey got into the Hall of Fame before guys like Savage, Warrior, Demolition, Bulldog, Yokozuna, Vader, Jake the Snake, Rick Rude and even guys like Ramon and Diesel (personal issues aside, they do deserve it) it's just a political thing.

Someone I read either on here or wrestlingforum said it best: If I was part of the family I would tell Vince to take a hike. Yeah sure he may be a great businessman but from what I have read he seems like a subpar human being but of course the Billionaire is gonna exploit Macho Man's death for profit. I wish someone would put a stop to it. I know WWE just started making figures of the guy and put him in WWE All Stars, the fact that he still was treated like shit by the company all those years is a slap to Macho Man, Macho Man's fans and the entire Poffo family.

Awful news. I've had fingers crossed for a long time that he maybe oneday would show up in the WWE again. I even hoped for a shock Macho Man Raw GM revelation.

R.I.P

Summerslam 92 - Savage Vs Warrior for the WWF Championship.. my first WWE Championship match I ever saw.

I know people think it's cliche, but his WM3 match is really what got me interested in wrestling. I borrowed the tape from a friend, and loved the Can-Am Connection for their athletic style, and really enjoyed the whole show, but Savage-Steamboat made me want more from them both. Savage was just awesome...very, very unique in a captivating way. I can still remember all the purple "Macho Man" shirts around school in the mid-late 80's. He was awesome, and will be greatly missed.

I do have a question...I can't recall seeing a feud between Savage and Piper, did they ever cross paths? I can only imagine the promos that would have produced...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back