• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Live Discussion: RAW 7/28/2008

A.J.

SmackDown! is MY Show

An End to the Mayhem?

When Raw convenes in Washington, D.C. on Monday night, Shane McMahon is scheduled to appear. In recent weeks, Shane and his sister, Executive Vice President Stephanie McMahon have implored the WWE Universe to maintain composure on the brand, which has recently been overrun with civil unrest. They've also requested that our fans allow their injured father, WWE Chairman Mr. McMahon, the privacy he desires. Could Shane be coming to Raw to name a new General Manager?

Last Monday night, World Heavyweight Champion CM Punk was battling Batista in a title match when all hell broke loose. The aftermath of the no-contest match saw John Cena rush the ring to tangle with longtime foe JBL, who had charged the ring moments earlier. During his tussle with JBL, Cena inadvertently leveled Batista with a right arm.

Accident or not, the already frustrated Animal was fit to be tied. He came up swinging and the two powerhouses traded blows to end the broadcast. The confrontation between Cena and Batista begs the question, how will the next meeting go between these two?

In no less disturbing Raw action, Santino Marella and Beth Phoenix shared what can best be described as the weirdest love/hate moment Raw has seen in ages.

As The Glamazon looked on from ringside, Marella lost a match to returning Superstar D-Lo Brown. After the match, Phoenix stepped into the ring and scuffled with the spicy Italian. As the two traded waist-lock holds, they suddenly, inexplicably … kissed.

Just as quickly, they pulled back, seemingly afraid of any amorous feelings their lip lock may have evoked. Hmmm. What might have sparked these feelings of amore? And how might a relationship between these two develop, if at all?

Finally, announcers Michael Cole and Jerry “The King” Lawler touched on rumors last Monday that, in the absence of a General Manager, Shane and Stephanie McMahon are searching for a new Raw GM. Will our fans soon see a new face as Raw GM? If so, who will take the reins?

To find out the answers to these questions and more, be sure to tune into Monday Night Raw, live at 9/8 CT, only on USA Network.

For more WWE action, don’t miss Saturday Night’s Main Event, Aug. 2 on NBC at 9 p.m. ET.

I know it way early but with Shane on RAW looks like Regal is getting his job....

Perfect timing AJ. The Smackdown live discussion is lacking... This Raw could be huge. Shane on Raw always spells something big. Even if it's just Regal being put back into power... It's still gunna be big...

Shane at least trys to wrestle. I remember his matches with kane and shit. He might not be that good be he tends to sell like a goldbrick.

I don't know about the rest of you but I would honestly love to see Shane take the reigns for a little while.

Yeah yeah, I know it's not going to happen. But hell, the man is simply gold when it comes to TV segments, and as Phatso said he might not be great wrestler but can sell like crazy - which is perfect for a heel GM-type of position who say gets the daylights beaten out of him by a new up and coming face (can anyone say Vince/Austin?)

Plus I've always considered Shane to be Vince+1. I've always liked Shane's work both on the stick and in the ring far more than Vince, but it was never allowed to grow enough. Only periods of months at a time before taking off randomly.

Chances are he'll be in this week to put an end to the martial law and bring back Regal. His suspension should be over now I believe. I know for a fact I'd love to see him back over someone like Flair take over GM - as much as I worship Naitch. However I still feel at a bit of a crossroads. As much as I loved Regal in his role before he got his little "forced vacation" I'd like to see something new - problem is Regal's really our best/most realistic option right now.

Meh...guess I'll just accept it now so I'm not disappointed Monday.

I could see Shane O'Mac coming to Raw, naming a general manger, whether it be William Regal or himself, and the GM will sort out the WHC fiasco. I think the GM might make a 4-man tournament, involving Cena, BAtista, Kane, and JBL, with the winner facing CM Punk at Summerslam. This tournament could happen in the weeks leading up to Summerslam cause i don't see them doing it in one night. With the first week matchups being Batista Vs. Cena (since they seem to be on the verge of fueding), and Kane vs JBL. Both these matchups could go either way but i see the loser of the Cena, Batista match costing the other person in the finals. Which means either a Kane Vs. Cm punk match at Summerslam or JBL vs. cm punk.

Just putting that out there. Major guess.

I could see Shane O'Mac coming to Raw, naming a general manger, whether it be William Regal or himself, and the GM will sort out the WHC fiasco. I think the GM might make a 4-man tournament, involving Cena, BAtista, Kane, and JBL, with the winner facing CM Punk at Summerslam. This tournament could happen in the weeks leading up to Summerslam cause i don't see them doing it in one night. With the first week matchups being Batista Vs. Cena (since they seem to be on the verge of fueding), and Kane vs JBL. Both these matchups could go either way but i see the loser of the Cena, Batista match costing the other person in the finals. Which means either a Kane Vs. Cm punk match at Summerslam or JBL vs. cm punk.

Just putting that out there. Major guess.

Well it's not totally out of the realm of possability, bu tif they went with this four man tournament idea, then wouldn't it make a little more sense to have the first round matches be Cena vs. JBL & Batista vs. Kane?, I just think it would make more sense for them to save Cena/Batista for SummerSlam, and with Kane costing Batista the title twice you gotta think he'd want to get some payback, and then you also have the feud between JBL/Cena you could play off for that match, if these matches were to go down then I think Batista/Kane would end with Kane getting DQ, and JBL/Cena ending with JBL getting the win, setting up Batista vs. JBL for the #1 contender spot, with something happening with Cena being involved and inadvertently costing Batista the match, setting up a match between them at Summerslam which means Punk vs. JBL for the WHC, but honestly instead of the four man tournament I think they'd just go with a four-corners elimination match, seeing as how that way they could accomplish everything in just one match

I would honestly love to see Shane O'Mac come to RAW, tell the world that he is the new GM of RAW and then say that their will be a 4 Man Tournament to see who is No. 1 Contender for Punk's title. Matches being, Cena vs JBL and Batista vs Kane. Cena defeating JBL and Batista defeating Kane. Having a Cena vs Batista match, Cena win by DQ so Cena vs CM Punk at SS. When SS comes have Batista interfere in the match pushing a Cena vs Batista feud.

This is a little off the wall but, it would bring a lot of turmoil into the WWE, making it more exciting and unpredictable.

Also, having Shane as a GM would be brand new to the business and nobody would know what exactly to expect from Shane as a GM.

The GM question is old news. There is a new GM on raw so often they might as well call it the WCW Title.

The real question is Santino Marella and Beth Phoenix's relationship. This is the best thing to ever happen on RAW, Santino is in love! With a real women! not some trailer park ****e, who doesn't know enough to listen to Santino. With Beth Phoenix and Santino Marella together, I would way watch-a-out Say-M Punk and Mickay Jaames, there is a new power couple in the WWE, and they desire gold. Hopefully they don't take away precious Santino Marella time with the GM storyline.

I'm excited for RAW tonight for sure. I'm just hoping that if a new GM is made tonight that it doesn't change the excitement that RAW has been having recently.

I have a feeling this will be a very entertaining RAW, as shane is there to appoint a new GM, and i dont think it will be the obvious choice of sir regal, or himself.

I would dig some direction for Summer Slam. a D'lo Brown sighting as well, please sir. And maaayyybbbeee the return of King Regal :)

I am I am. And nah, im going to my buddies place for RAW tonight tho. He called me and demanded i come hang out. told him i didnt have time, and he tried to get all emotional. so. Im gonna sacrifice the LD to go hanf with him and watch RAW

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back