Lee-Generation X --- The [unofficial] Lee thread

I spend like 2 hours just on a single chapter, needing to kill every enemy and get every item (Which on hard modes can be nigh impossible)

It's a customer service call centre job

Let's do this here so we don't spam up the Board Room.

Core Competencies:

1. Customer Service
2. Communication Skills
3. Work Ethic
4. Problem Solving
5. Multi-tasking Skills

1. Customer Service

You need to convince the hiring manager that you will do everything in your power to placate a customer, make them feel comfortable. You need to sell the hiring manager on the idea that to you, the customer is your #1 priority and that you understand that without the customer, there is no company, so that by helping the organization meet its service goals, you can enable growth and success.

Popular questions include:

Tell me about a time you've dealt with a customer or client who had a complaint. What did you do /how did you handle it?

Do you feel a customer is always right? (incidentally, a great answer to this is: 'my philosophy is that the customer is always right whether or not they actually are. When I take a call from a customer, my job is to make them feel that they are right and do everything within reason and within my power to make sure their experience is positive.' Afterall, if you tell a customer they are wrong, then a competitor will tell them that they are right, and then that's their customer, not yours.

2. Communication Skills

You have to be a strong communicator in a call centre environment, because after all, the customer is calling to communicate a problem, and it's your job to communicate the answer. You have to demonstrate to the hiring manager that you are capable of ALL forms of communication, not just speech. People in interviews often forget how critical "active listening skills" are. Make sure you explain and give examples on how you are an active listener, how you ask questions to uncover the issues and find the best solutions, and how you will be able to explain the solution clearly, no matter that the customer's level of knowledge is.

3. Work Ethic

No hiring manager wants a lazy slug. You need to sell them on the idea that they can count on you, that the end of a call is just an opportunity to start a new call and help a new customer, and that you're competitive nature makes you want to take the most calls, have the highest satisfaction rate, the lowest "time on hold," etc. A great question for YOU to ask at the end of the interview is "what kinds of metrics does your company use to measure the performance of its inbound call center reps?" When they tell you (service rating, call speed, time on hold, etc.) that's your chance to address those and why you'll make sure you not only meet, but exceed all of those goals daily, weekly, monthly, etc.

4. Problem Solving

What you need to convey is the idea that "I may not have every answer, but the customer will expect me to. So aside from taking advantage of training and research, I will also make sure I know where to find the right answers, so that I can keep the customer well informed and also avoid making them wait a second longer than is absolutely necessary for their solution."

5. Multi-tasking

In addition to speaking with the customer, you probably need to log the conversation into a database, search for solutions, etc. Make sure you're able to provide examples of how you have multi-tasked in the past, able to handle the unexpected, and always make the customer the #1 priority.

Does this help / is it a good start?

Greetings Lee fans, I was invited back for a return interview tomorrow :)

Exactly Desmond. I have have a telephone interview/online assment yesterday and today was controlled assessment and face to face 'interview'

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back