Kurt Angle On WWE: "That Company Has No Respect For Me."

If Kurt's talking about how a move he uses to pin opponents, is being thrown around by the competition and it is making his finisher look weak in the ring, I would kinda understand it here.

It would be a Gillberg situation. But you know, to a move. However, he then says Ankle Lock and that move is still used by Swagger as his finisher not a non-chalant hold.

Still, I'd love to see him in a WWE ring next year.

Yes Kurt WWE are going out of their way to insult you and belittle your achievements. Now take your medication and I'll tell your social worker that you're talking to the media again.

From the desk of Mr. Kurt Angle, OGM

To World Wrestling Entertainment

Dear Sirs and Madams,
I am writing concerning many, perhaps all, of the men and women you have under contract to your organization. These individuals, who shall remain unnamed but whom are well known to you, have been engaging in public displays of theft and liable to me. I hereby demand that you exercise your control and make the guilty parties cease and desist from using my moves while preforming in, on, under, near, in the same building/city/county/state/country/continent/planet/solar system/solar interstellar neighborhood/galaxy/local galactic group/Local Supercluster/observable universe as one of your wrestling rings. My moves include, but are not limited to, the following:

Angle Slam
Armbar
Ankle Lock
Belly-to-belly suplex
Belly-to-back suplex
Triple German suplex
Side suplex
Suplex
Right handed punches
Right footed kicks
Left handed punches
Left footed kicks
Stomps
Headbutt
Slam
Clothesline
Hammer lock
Wrist lock
Wrist watch
Double leg take down
Single leg take down
Pinning an opponent
Raising arms in victory
Celebrating
Crying

Again this list is not all inclusive and any and all variations on names of said moves are included herein this cease and desist letter.

I look forward to your rectification of this issue immediately.

Sincerely,
Mr. Kurt Angle, OGM (Olympic Gold Medalist)

I respect the crap out of Kurt Angle for his dedication and his accomplishments in amateur & pro wrestling, but he seriously needs to get over himself.
And that's it right there, isn't it. All the respect in the world for the Olympic gold medalist, former multi-time World champion in two different wrestling companies, and truly one of the all-time greats...but he is completely full of himself.

How is it insulting for a guy to use your finishing move? I understand Swagger, because the guy is a joke and they booked him to be the "next Kurt Angle". But Orton using the same slam as his signature move? Why not glass-half-full it, and see it as a sign of respect? Or why not be intelligent and just see it as a WRESTLING MANEUVER that other people have used in the past, still use now, and will continue to use in the future. Angle may have popularized it, but it's not HIS move. He has no TM on it, so as far as I'm concerned he needs to calm the hell down.

This is the same guy that freaked out because he was so "low" on the WWE's list of all-time greatest Superstars. He doesn't just want respect, he wants to be considered the all time best. Anything less than that is just a slap in the face, and that's an ego problem he HAS to get over, because he's just simply never going to be THE number 1 guy in the history of wrestling.

Just a while ago he was saying it was perfectly fine of Orton to do the angle slam, now he contradicts himself. Sorry to break it to Angle fans but hes a notorious liar. I lost my respect for Angle when he told Vince he needed time to himself, got released while WWE had no real backbone for SD, then went to TNA.

I'm sorry but in the past dvd's of "Greatest Wrestler..." this and that... Kurt Angle has been mentioned by the WWE in each of them. In fact, the WWE is constantly full of praise for Angle's abilities.
So where is the loss of respect? That's just me. It seems to me that they tried to make Swagger into another Kurt Angle... like he said before "imitation is the highest form of flattery".

His arguement dumb, he would've had a point if he simply said WWE didn't respect him because they made the character Jack Swagger who is ripping off his a poor mans imitation of Kurt Angle.

When HHH used the Cutter while DDP was using the Diamond Cutter, DDP called him and asked him not to use it. Angle said he & Orton talked, and he's ok with it. He obviosly isn't, he shouldve asked him to stop politely.

I still like Angle one of my favorite wrestlers of all time. I can see where he's coming from, but he shouldn't feel disrespected.

Dear Sirs and Madams,
I am writing concerning many, perhaps all, of the men and women you have under contract to your organization. These individuals, who shall remain unnamed but whom are well known to you, have been engaging in public displays of theft and liable to me. I hereby demand that you exercise your control and make the guilty parties cease and desist from using my moves while preforming in, on, under, near, in the same building/city/county/state/country/continent/planet/solar system/solar interstellar neighborhood/galaxy/local galactic group/Local Supercluster/observable universe as one of your wrestling rings. My moves include, but are not limited to, the following:

Angle Slam
Armbar
Ankle Lock
Belly-to-belly suplex
Belly-to-back suplex
Triple German suplex
Side suplex
Suplex
Right handed punches
Right footed kicks
Left handed punches
Left footed kicks
Stomps
Headbutt
Slam
Clothesline
Hammer lock
Wrist lock
Wrist watch
Double leg take down
Single leg take down
Pinning an opponent
Raising arms in victory
Celebrating
Crying

Again this list is not all inclusive and any and all variations on names of said moves are included herein this cease and desist letter.

Sincerely,

Haha! Nicely done :lol: ....and this sadly is what it seems Kurt would actually want. He has gone from "hacked" to "not caring", to feeling disrespected again...the guy really needs help. Everyone knows a guy like that, that tells a lot of bs stories only he believes, but then can't keep track of them himself and it's just too funny/sad to call him out on it. That being said, I've always loved his work, and hope he gets straightened out.

Kurt Angle's statements are glorified kayfabe, I've given up trying to find truth from falsities in the wrestling world or entertainment world in general for that matter. Anyone buying these comments as being a total "shoot" are just fooling themselves. Get over it people, wrestling has and always will be more work than shoot...period. Right now I bet those in the actual business are laughing at the idea of people like us bantering about statements like Kurt Angle feeling "disrespected" by WWE.

Yeah, I am not going to lie when I say that I should ignore this but I just can't resist what bullshit this is in regards to how butthurt Angle is by his former employer. Jack-Hammer I always love your posts and I am not saying that this is not great diction and a good example of a constructive posting, but seriously man, this is what has turned me off to the wrestling business over the years.

As much as I love Kurt, this is just ridiculous. According to him apparently know one is allowed to Chokeslam anymore, nobody is allowed to do any sort of DDT and nobody is allowed to do any sorts of submissions because non-retired wrestlers are still using them. If he really cared about any wrestling business then he should be encouraging guys to do these rather than be spot monkeys. You should feel honoured that someone is using your moves, Kurt.

Um, What? That Company has no respect for him? That Company that established Kurt Angle as a semi-recognizable star? That Company that pushed Kurt to the moon? That Company that had faith in Kurt Angle? That Company that Kurt should be GRATEFUL to for moving along his career? Shaking my head at you, Kurt.

Kurt Angle's statements are glorified kayfabe, I've given up trying to find truth from falsities in the wrestling world or entertainment world in general for that matter. Anyone buying these comments as being a total "shoot" are just fooling themselves. Get over it people, wrestling has and always will be more work than shoot...period. Right now I bet those in the actual business are laughing at the idea of people like us bantering about statements like Kurt Angle feeling "disrespected" by WWE.

Yeah, I am not going to lie when I say that I should ignore this but I just can't resist what bullshit this is in regards to how butthurt Angle is by his former employer. Jack-Hammer I always love your posts and I am not saying that this is not great diction and a good example of a constructive posting, but seriously man, this is what has turned me off to the wrestling business over the years.

So it's a work designed to make himself look bad and put the company he works for in the awkward position of having to stand by his strange antics? Um, ok. Good job then Kurt.

So it's a work designed to make himself look bad and put the company he works for in the awkward position of having to stand by his strange antics? Um, ok. Good job then Kurt.

It's pro wrestling man...just think of the nature of what these people do they literally live their characters, I'm past the point in my life that I am going to start believing that things are becoming "real" just because these guys are twittering, you tubing or blogging...to hell with that.

Wrestling in my view is still a majority work until it can REALLY be proved otherwise...

Even though he wasn't one of my favorites, I always liked Kurt but I don't agree with his complaints about the moves. If somebody had done this while he was still on WWE's roster it would have been a bit strange but he's been gone for quite some time and it really doesn't matter anymore. However, I have to disagree just a bit about Kurt stabbing VKM in the back when he went to TNA. Kurt's neck and back issues just would not allow him to maintain the schedule WWE insisted he adhere to. Physically, health-wise Kurt was just no longer able to do it. TNA was such a lighter workload and the days were spaced out so much farther that Kurt was able to cope with that. What he might have done and what choice he might have made if the TNA schedule had been the same none of us can know but for the current set-up TNA was able to work for Kurt.

As for the Olympics, there is less risk to a "real" Olympic level wrestling match. No one is falling, flipping, being dropped on their head, etc., etc., etc. And we don't know what may have been said behind the scenes, either. As much talk as the fans end up hearing about, we can all believe there are oodles of things that we'll never know.

It's pro wrestling man...just think of the nature of what these people do they literally live their characters, I'm past the point in my life that I am going to start believing that things are becoming "real" just because these guys are twittering, you tubing or blogging...to hell with that.

Wrestling in my view is still a majority work until it can REALLY be proved otherwise...

You didn't address the point. If it's all some big work, what exactly is the payoff? He's not going to boost ratings or buyrates saying this shit. He's not going to get a bigger payday. Why would he say this shit if he didn't mean it?

Unless you're just trying to insinuate that he's a massive tool that lies a lot. That I'll buy. But to say that he's just working everyone? Doesn't make any sense.

You didn't address the point. If it's all some big work, what exactly is the payoff? He's not going to boost ratings or buyrates saying this shit. He's not going to get a bigger payday. Why would he say this shit if he didn't mean it?

Unless you're just trying to insinuate that he's a massive tool that lies a lot. That I'll buy. But to say that he's just working everyone? Doesn't make any sense.

I addressed my point well enough in my first posting on this matter, these people love attention and they'll get it by any means. What Kurt Angle says whether he means it or not said something to get the attention of the IWC and obviously it's worked because people are just eating out of his hand about his latest anti-WWE tirade.

If he ever goes back to the company one day then all of a sudden I bet he'll start making digs and remarks at TNA...and for those that say that could never happen have obviously never heard the names Hulk Hogan, Bret Hart, Jesse Ventura and so on...

When in doubt with topics like this I say just talk to Rayne...he's gonna get pissed that I name drop him in situations like this but fuck it, I'll take the risk, it's like he once said to me when he handed me my ass on a topic....and this is just a paraphrasing...

But kayfabe does not end when the TV screen is merely turned off or the show is off the air...

PERIOD

Dear Sirs and Madams,

Angle Slam
Armbar
Ankle Lock
Belly-to-belly suplex
Belly-to-back suplex
Triple German suplex
Side suplex
Suplex
Right handed punches
Right footed kicks
Left handed punches
Left footed kicks
Stomps
Headbutt
Slam
Clothesline
Hammer lock
Wrist lock
Wrist watch
Double leg take down
Single leg take down
Pinning an opponent
Raising arms in victory
Celebrating
Crying

Sincerely,

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

That list of moves you named reminds me of the very funny segment Chris Jericho did on WCW when he was feuding with Dean Malenko, and he claimed to be the man of "1004 holds". Jericho read out a list of each move to a groaning audience. Hilarious :lmao:

Kurt Angle is deluding himself if he even thinks he will make the Olympic team.

Also, Angle had better be careful. TNA may one day fold, and like WCW and ECW before it, it might be bought out by Vince McMahon (so that Vince can claim he was only interested because of their video library).

If that happens, Angle has two choices- either go back to WWE with his tail between his legs, or retire- neither of which he wants to do.

People hear say that WWE will never re-hire Angle. I bet they would, if they could. If TNA folded he would be the first one picked. WWE would be interested because his return would be made a big deal of (they could even do promos like Jericho got this week), and the fans want to see him perform in the ring (which he can still do very well, by the way). So, Angle needs to shut up, or he may end up being Vince's bitch back in WWE.

I addressed my point well enough in my first posting on this matter, these people love attention and they'll get it by any means. What Kurt Angle says whether he means it or not said something to get the attention of the IWC and obviously it's worked because people are just eating out of his hand about his latest anti-WWE tirade.

If he ever goes back to the company one day then all of a sudden I bet he'll start making digs and remarks at TNA...and for those that say that could never happen have obviously never heard the names Hulk Hogan, Bret Hart, Jesse Ventura and so on...

When in doubt with topics like this I say just talk to Rayne...he's gonna get pissed that I name drop him in situations like this but fuck it, I'll take the risk, it's like he once said to me when he handed me my ass on a topic....and this is just a paraphrasing...

But kayfabe does not end when the TV screen is merely turned off or the show is off the air...

PERIOD

You see, here's the issue I am having with this. Kurt Angle, if he is doing this in the spirit of kayfabe, seems to be working as 2 different characters. There's the arrogant, brash heel who can back it up in the ring. The one I... well some people see every week on Impact. Then there's the bumbling, self serving, drunken idiot that he seems to portray on Twitter/in the media, which is the character he seems to be triggering with these comments. Now, maybe it's just me, but I seem to see striking similarities between the second character and the guy he is in real life. Actually, I'd feel pretty confident in saying that they're the exact same person and Idiot Kurt is actually Kurt Kurt. Mind-blowing, I know.

I won't dismiss the thought of him ever coming back. If he burns his final bridge in TNA and they finally decide to can the piece of shit, I could definitely see him finally taking some initiative toward getting his life together and getting another shot. However, I think you're giving him way too much credit here. Kurt Angle is not some cunning mind who revels in the glory of working internet marks. I'd like to believe that he's out getting drunk and fucking strippers.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

That list of moves you named reminds me of the very funny segment Chris Jericho did on WCW when he was feuding with Dean Malenko, and he claimed to be the man of "1004 holds". Jericho read out a list of each move to a groaning audience. Hilarious :lmao:

I'm glad you enjoyed that nod, I thought about putting armbar every other move but that would have just been too much. I hope you liked my Gorilla Monsoon nod in there as well. "He wouldn't know a wrist lock from a wrist watch."

I have to think that WWE has actually been more respectful of him than almost any other former, still active, talent. I swear I've heard his name mentioned on WWE TV at least once in the last 4 months. If you work for the other guys and Vince allows your name to be mentioned in a promo or on commentary then Vince must somewhere in his mind hold a respect for you. I will believe that WWE has disrespected Kurt when they release "The Self Destruction Of The Ultimate Warrior Kurt Angle."

he needs to get over it
The Olympic Slam is just a reversioned Samoan Drop and the Ankle Lock and freaking out was Ken Shamrock's thing b4 Angle ever got into WWE.

So who copied who?

He doesn't own patents to the moves.

Kurt has really lost the plot, maybe it's time he quit, b4 he goes on a rampage and kills someone

Kurt's right. Vince doesn't respect any of his wrestlers, they're all just pieces of meat to him. He uses them to get rich and nothing more. And as for Swagger, he shouldn't sweat it, no one respects Swagger and hes just a jobber on Raw, so in a few years people won't even remember him.

only crying that's being done is yall wwe marks bashing him.

Who can really say whether WWE is "aiming" at Kurt when they have performers use a couple of his moves? If they are, it's interesting that they have a ham-n'-egger like Jack Swagger making good use of that ankle lock, as if saying even a mediocre wrestler can make effective use of the move.

On the other hand, who really cares enough to sit down and debate it? WWE doesn't owe respect to Kurt Angle. He's made it clear he wants to finish his career in a second-rate organization, driving drunk when he wants, and cramming whatever substances into his body he feels will help him extend his employment a few more years.

Yes, the argument has been done to death, but I still say there are a few mega-superstars who owe it to themselves and their fans to be seen by the largest number of people possible.....on the grandest possible stage. As I've been yelling for a few years, guys like Kurt Angle and Sting choosing to perform in TNA is like Derek Jeter opting to spend his career in Triple A instead of playing for the Yankees. Yes, he can do it if he wants......but what a colossal waste.

But, okay, Kurt Angle opts to be a TNA'er for the rest of his career. WWE made him, and he chose to never again work for them. For that, he shouldn't be looking for them to show him respect.

Angle should get over it. There were probably guys in the independents who created the Ankle Lock even before Ken Shamrock and guys who were using their own variations of the Angle Slam before Kurt even debuted in WWE. There are only so many moves people can do, why should anyone get to call it their own little personal move no one else can use? I've never heard Stone Cold bitch about Santino sometimes using a Stunner. At least Kurt Angle's move is being used by a damn good wrestler.

Oh, and HBK doesn't try to say no one else can use a superkick (though that would be ridiculous, considering how common it is) nor does Mick Foley complain about Drew McIntyre doing a cooler Butterfly DDT.

angle did the triple german suplex while benoit was around.
he did the belly to belly when taz was around.

shut up angle ur a great wrestler i love ur work but just shut it

Yeah Prince Iaukea should tell Kurt to stop doing his move since I believe Iaukea was one of the first to use the angle slam back in 1997 as an occasional finisher, wcw refered to it as a reverse samoan drop since he would put them in a torture rack position and then drop them back first. He just didn't do the spin like angle but it was basically the same thing and he was still doing that when angle debuted with WWF. and Shawn was using a modified version in 1992 called the teardrop suplex which again was very similar to the Angle Slam, so Kurt needs to shut the fuck up.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back