• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Kurt Angle Arrested ...Again

Jack-Hammer

YOU WILL RESPECT MY AUTHORITAH!!!!
There's a story on wrestlinginc.com reporting that Kurt Angle was arrested after last night's tapings of Impact Wrestling in Wise County, Texas. Angle was arrested for DUI last night, his fourth booze related arrest in the past 6 years according to the article, and was released on a $2,000 bond. The link has what little info is available and Angle's mug shot.

http://www.wrestlinginc.com/wi/news...ested-for-dwi-after-last-night-impact-taping/

Hah, I still remember some posters here last time who insisted he couldn't have possibly been guilty; that he must have just decided to park his car in the median of an interstate and walk the rest of the way back to the hotel.

For those people who still view Kurt Angle as any kind of moral figure, rather than just a talented professional wrestler and accomplished amateur one, there is a lesson to be learned here. If you get out of your car after you wreck it, and before the police arrive, it's a lot harder for them to prove DUI.

It'll be interesting to see who's fully in Camp Angle this time around, although latest trends suggest we're going to get a few people who blame the dirt sheets for reporting it.

Oh, Kurt. Why do you do this to yourself. Take a damn Taxi, ride in Ortiz' limo, hell, have the other Mafia brothers drive you. I just do not get it. Kurt is one of my favorite wrestlers but he keeps getting into trouble with booze. Does he need a damn intervention? He is not invincible that is for sure, he can kill someone one day and then it will be too late for him to wake up.

I hope this does not affect the Main Even Mafia storyline. Kurt just needs to not be boozing anymore. Well, I guess we will have to wait until we find out what happens with this story. Such a freaking shame, a damn shame. Yeah, that's true, it's damn real too.

Yeah this isn't much of a surprise or that it really matters. The truth is in TNA Kurt will get away with doing this unless he gets in a serious accident, he will get a fine every time, pay it and move on with life probably not learning a thing. TNA isn't gonna discipline him in any way for doing this, he won't get suspended and its gonna be mostly forgotten in a month.

It angers me every time I read about a DUI because of the inherent dangers that exist with doing such a thing but if Kurt can be an idiot and get a mild slap on the wrist every time he's not gonna learn.

I don't recall one of the three I's being "intoxication," but it's been a while. What a jackass. I'm sure he's one of the people in TNA who gets a check regularly enough to afford cab fare. DDP needs to give this guy a phone call before he kills somebody.

Can we get together and buy TNA some good news for a change?

Obviously this isn't TNA's fault but man alive the bad news just keeps on coming for them. I have very little sympathy for people who drive drunk as it's incredibly dangerous and there's no excuse for it. If you can afford the booze, you can afford a cab, plain and simple. I doubt Angle will be released due to him being a huge star, but there has to be some kind of punishment and hopefully it's more than a fine or a slap on the wrist.

I doubt Angle will be released due to him being a huge star, but there has to be some kind of punishment and hopefully it's more than a fine or a slap on the wrist.
It depends on if he has priors in the state he was arrested in. In most jurisdictions, bail on DUI is pretty cheap. I've gotten enough of my idiot friends out of jail, and it's a $40 bail in my state.

He'll be treated just like every other person, except that his mug shots will get leaked to TMZ. If he doesn't have any other prior convictions in the state, or any other reason to hold him (Rhaka Khan says "huh?"), he's likely out already.

It depends on if he has priors in the state he was arrested in. In most jurisdictions, bail on DUI is pretty cheap. I've gotten enough of my idiot friends out of jail, and it's a $40 bail in my state.

He'll be treated just like every other person, except that his mug shots will get leaked to TMZ. If he doesn't have any other prior convictions in the state, or any other reason to hold him (Rhaka Khan says "huh?"), he's likely out already.

I was referring to TNA. Odds are he'll just get a glare from Dixie and some people not speaking to him for awhile, but he's such a big deal for TNA that he'll likely have no real punishment.

Really really disappointed to hear about this, wish it wasn't true. Kurt is a legend and I just don't understand why he'd keep doing this. He's loaded, why not get a taxi?

The last time it happened I didn't mind so much because he was a heel (he was also world champion...) so it was conceivable for his character. But now? Damn Kurt you're supposed to be setting an example to your Mafia! Is this what you want Magnus to become? I hope Anderson rips Angle a new ASSHOLE on the mic about this while drinking a beer.

This is the last thing TNA needs right now and the worst part is that they haven't done a damn thing to try and stop the guy. I think it's clear as day where this is gonna end up and that's with someone dying because nobody within the company is brave enough to set him straight and do something about this. You'd think that a guy like Kurt, who clearly has enough money to drink as much as he does, would be smart enough to find an alternative even it requires him spending a little cash. Because what's more important? His career or his wallet? It's just sad.

Ummmmm, superstars, first, one is innocent until proven guilty. Second, and finally, Angle was not convicted. His lawyer got one thrown out and the other changed to reckless driving.

This is the last thing TNA needs right now and the worst part is that they haven't done a damn thing to try and stop the guy. I think it's clear as day where this is gonna end up and that's with someone dying because nobody within the company is brave enough to set him straight and do something about this. You'd think that a guy like Kurt, who clearly has enough money to drink as much as he does, would be smart enough to find an alternative even it requires him spending a little cash. Because what's more important? His career or his wallet? It's just sad.

As if TNA has any power over Kurt Angle's behavior. So they suspend and fine him. Then what? He'll get drunk again, he'll get arrested again. And then they fine him again and again.

Do you honestly think Angle is scared of what TNA will do to him? If TNA dumps him or he dumps TNA, McMahon will be the first person to contact him and you better believe he'll welcome him back with open arms. He brought back Nash and will likely bring back Jake Roberts, let alone Angle.

Even if TNA does something or does not, it's irrelevant. They don't condone it and that's what matters.

As far as Kurt goes, fuck him. This is so irresponsible. One time is fine, more than one time means you're just reckless and this is his third or fourth or who knows. I've had friends who lost relatives in car crashes due to idiots like Angle so I have no sympathy for that jackhole, none whatsoever. I don't want TNA fining him, that won't fix anything. Just fix your damn head.

I was referring to TNA. Odds are he'll just get a glare from Dixie and some people not speaking to him for awhile, but he's such a big deal for TNA that he'll likely have no real punishment.
Oh, absolutely. Kurt Angle could start exposing himself to children and TNA would promote it as an outreach program. What Jeff Hardy did at Victory Road was way worse (in that it was pretty much a direct 'fuck off' to TNA), and it only took about a year for him to get out of the doghouse.

As if TNA has any power over Kurt Angle's behavior. So they suspend and fine him. Then what? He'll get drunk again, he'll get arrested again. And then they fine him again and again.

Do you honestly think Angle is scared of what TNA will do to him? If TNA dumps him or he dumps TNA, McMahon will be the first person to contact him and you better believe he'll welcome him back with open arms. He brought back Nash and will likely bring back Jake Roberts, let alone Angle.

Even if TNA does something or does not, it's irrelevant. They don't condone it and that's what matters.

As far as Kurt goes, fuck him. This is so irresponsible. One time is fine, more than one time means you're just reckless and this is his third or fourth or who knows. I've had friends who lost relatives in car crashes due to idiots like Angle so I have no sympathy for that jackhole, none whatsoever. I don't want TNA fining him, that won't fix anything. Just fix your damn head.

I get where you're coming from but what are you suggesting? They just let the guy be until he does kill somebody and they are forced to take action? Suspension and fines might not change him or "fix his damn head" but something has to give here and I really don't care what it is. You say TNA doesn't condone all this but how are we supposed to know that? What have they done. He needs intervention of some sort. You mention Jake Roberts but at least he found DDP and is in the process of rehab. That is what Kurt needs or at least before his addiction puts any more people in danger. Stardom and being at the company should never grant anyone immunity when it comes to these things but that's exactly what it has done for not only Kurt but guys like Jeff Hardy. Something has to change; that's all I know.

I personally think that TNA is part of the problem even. I mean, they have misused talent so many times in the last years while WWE has made pretty big improvements time and time again and give new and old talent a shot if they abide by their rules.

I can easily understand guys like Angle or Hardy not liking their current state, feeling left out of under appreciated. May be unfair, sure, but it would trigger guys to do stupid shit eventually...

But he drove that car with a broken freakin' neck!!!

It is kinda painful to see how far Kurt has fallen. He is still an amazing talent, but I remember in his book he talked about being all religious and having only been drunk three or four times in his entire life. Now look at the guy. Get yo shit together Kurt.

I don't have any long rants on how stupid this is and how this is bad news for TNA even though this was way beyond their control but seriously the 4th time. FOUR! One time is way too much. Driving drunk is beyond dangerous and I think TNA needs to do something about this cause it now offends me.

Angle needs to stop hanging at the Aces and Eights clubhouse after shows I'm guessing.

Sad that he is free falling. Guy has to face his demons. He is very lucky that he hasn't killed anyone yet.

They condone it every time they allow him to wrestle. TNA needs to do what Vince did which is tell him to get his head straight or he is fired. This is the company that allowed a fucked up Hardy wrestle Sting.

Right now the important thing is getting Angle help.

Sad that he is free falling. Guy has to face his demons. He is very lucky that he hasn't killed anyone yet.

They condone it every time they allow him to wrestle. TNA needs to do what Vince did which is tell him to get his head straight or he is fired. This is the company that allowed a fucked up Hardy wrestle Sting.

Right now the important thing is getting Angle help.

Every time they allow him to wrestle? He got drunk, he's not addicted to crack.

Think about it, what good will it do for Kurt's "problem" if TNA fines or suspends him? Yes, he'll get punished for doing it. Big deal. Did that stop Jeff Hardy when he was in the WWE? Did that stop Randy Orton from getting multiple warnings? Did that stop all the guys back in the 90's who did cocaine and got drunk on a daily basis?

Shawn Michaels is arguably the biggest drunk and drug addict in recent memory. The WWF fined him multiple times and he kept on doing the same old crap. The WWE accepted Hardy knowing his past history when he came back years ago. He kept doing it, they fined and suspended him. He did it again, they fined and suspended him.

What did ALL of this accomplish for these people? Nothing. Shawn, Jake, Hardy and hopefully Scott Hall have beat their demons not because someone suspended them from wrestling but because they found their own way of dealing with it.

My argument is that it doesn't matter whether TNA suspends or fines Angle, it's not a guarantee that he'll stop doing it. Should they? Wouldn't be a bad idea. But I won't blame them if they don't. Like I said, he got intoxicated. To me, wrestlers should be suspended only when the substances they consume prove to be a danger for the well being of their fellow professional wrestlers. As far as I know, you get drunk and you sober up. I doubt Kurt's ever been drunk during Impact.

Hardy was sent home because he was a threat to whoever he worked it. Angle didn't. Angle's a threat to people on the road, therefore I don't see how suspending him from in-ring action would have ANY impact on that. Clearly the guy doesn't give a fuck. I doubt a suspension would make him care. He could live without 30 days of landing on his head.

As you may have read, TNA and Kurt are apparently working together to "help" him, whatever that means. There. Do you feel better now?

I think Kurt does need some help, because he is a danger to himself and to others if it happens again.

However, I wouldn't call Angle a bad person for doing it, drinking makes you do stupid things and it can change a person. Kurt Angle will probably know that drink driving when drunk is stupid when he's sober, but when he's drunk he'll probably think he's "fine" when he's clearly not. To be honest, TNA should give him a babysitter when he's on the road to prevent this from happening. If he does it when he's not on the road, his wife should ensure he doesn't have his car keys if he's going to a bar. In my opinion. I had a friend who got caught under the influence, luckily nothing happened to anyone other than him getting banned from driving. But, since he has been allowed to drive again, we ensure he doesn't take his car with him or his car keys when goes out so he doesn't do it again. He knows himself drink driving is dangerous, but back to my point it changes people. He thought he was still capable of driving because he was drunk and it altered his point of view.

If TNA is truly working with Angle to get him help, it's about darn time.

Angle, if some recall, left WWE in 2006 because WWE wanted him to go to rehab for substance abuse issues, specifically, an addiction to painkillers. Angle and WWE couldn't come to an agreement, and the two sides decided to part company. As big of a star as Angle was, and as much of a linchpin he was supposed to be for the WWECW brand, WWE made the right call. The 'rehab or you're gone' line-in-the-sand is the same one TNA should have taken with him a long time ago.

Four arrests in six years, for driving drunk? Can you imagine an athlete in a major sport getting away with nary a slap on the wrist, like Angle has? Couple this with the fact that Angle had a stretch in late 2009/early 2010 when he showed up glassy-eyed and high on painkillers for several shows and PPV's, and it's sad he hasn't gotten help much, much sooner. I believe it was just day before the 2009 Hard Justice PPV where he was arrested for a DUI, and still managed to leave the PPV as champion. Again, it's help he should have gotten some time ago.

If not for his wrestling career, I truly hope he follows through with getting help for his wife and especially his two young children. He has an 18 month year old daughter and an 8 month old daughter with his second wife, and along with the children he has with Karen Jarrett, he has 4 in all. While I've always been partial to Angle because he's from Pittsburgh, there are no more excuses to be made for the man.

And it sure would be nice for his kids to grow up with a father. Because at the rate he's headed, they may not get the chance.

I think Kurt does need some help, because he is a danger to himself and to others if it happens again.
Again? This is four times in six years, the ship sailed on him becoming a danger to himself and others some time ago. He's quite fortunate that he hasn't injured himself or someone else quite badly at this point.

However, I wouldn't call Angle a bad person for doing it, drinking makes you do stupid things and it can change a person. Kurt Angle will probably know that drink driving when drunk is stupid when he's sober, but when he's drunk he'll probably think he's "fine" when he's clearly not.
I'm not sure what it makes him, then. From what we know, he's been arrested four times in the past six years for driving drunk. How much would you want to gander that he's gotten behind the wheel many more times then that, intoxicated, and simply hasn't gotten caught?

I don't see Angle as a bad person, either, just someone who makes incredible poor choices, ones that could threaten to destroy not only his own life, but everyone who's driving the same road as he while he's intoxicated.

To be honest, TNA should give him a babysitter when he's on the road to prevent this from happening.
What TNA should do at this point is suspend him until he completes a rehab program. He's been skating by with little consequence since 2006, and here we are, seven years later, and he's still driving drunk. If I were TNA, and Angle was my employee, I'd insist he both go to rehab and following that, take regular tests for both drugs and alcohol, with fines, suspensions, and even termination if he didn't test clean.

The time for hand holding is over.

What Jeff Hardy did at Victory Road was way worse (in that it was pretty much a direct 'fuck off' to TNA), and it only took about a year for him to get out of the doghouse.

No, it wasn't. Hardy's behavior and drug usage leading up to and in the main event of Victory Road may have been a 'screw off' to TNA and the fans who paid to see the event, but Angle's behavior is a 'screw off' to himself and the people who are on the roadways with him.

Hardy may have upset some people badly, including myself, that paid for the event. But he put noone's life in danger. Kurt Angle has, once again.

I'd rather lose out on $34.99 then see someone lose their life any day of the week.

Zeven isn't not right here, but just to play devio's advocate; didn't Jeff clean himself up during his lengthy sabbatical after Victory Road?

Listen, some people just get owned by the road; they just do. One of the things that makes going on the road for Inpact risky is that, historically, Kurt Angle hasn't fared well on the road. His last three DUI's were in North Dakota, Virginia, now this. It's almost a liability to have him on the road; all I'm saying is maybe Kurt Angle should really consider winding down and taking part time work with TNA.

Will that ever happen? No, no it won't. But if Kurt comes back on the road in te next two weeks (and all signs say he won't) TNA really needs to let him go. He isn't bringing in much of an audience now, and the great matches almost come at the risk of situations like this.

WWE will take him back? Sure, let them. He's their problem then, now. I don't think that's such a bad thing for TNA. Though, I'd be reluctant to say WWE will take him back until he at least appears clean. That's always been Vince's MO, since day one.

It's time for TNA to buck their MO, on this one.

This sucks damn Kurt obviously you have a problem with alcohol! TNA really needs to do something here.. This is the what the fourth or fifth time,in a period of four years that Kurt has been arrested for DUI! Here in cal,we wouldnt put up with this shit at all. No fucking excuse for driving drunk at all. I know someone who lost their soulmate because of some souless asshole who decided to drive drunk..

Its really hard to get behind Kurt for what he stands for when he continually does this shit. I get we all make mistakes,but Kurt this is the fourth or fifth time this has happened. You need Help brother! Check into Rehab TNA should force this upon him or release him from his contract.

But TNA,probably wont do shit cept give him a good scolding and tell him to be good. This is one of the many reasons why People Piss on TNA is because they lack any kind of managers who will actually take a stand when necessary.

Take a cab call Samoa Joe,Hell call Bully Ray,anything but drive drunk Kurt! Its getting hard to support you when you continue to do this shit

Personally, I'd like to see Kurt Angle get prosecuted to the full extent of the law. I'd love to see his arrogant ass get sentenced to some jail time, although we all know this will never happen in a million years. Four times in six years? And a mere slap on the wrist every goddamn time. What happens when he commits this crime for a fifth time, except this time he kills someone's kid, or spouse, or parent, or friend, whatever.

This is worse than a simple addiction or dependency. I think it's arrogance personified. I'm goddamn Kurt Angle, I'm above the law, I can do whatever the hell I want to, and no one is going to do a damn thing about it. Jesus, I imagine the dude has money to burn. Get a cab, hire a limo or a personal chauffeur. Frankly, I don't give a rat's ass whether or not the guy drinks, what I do care about is him consistently getting behind the wheel of a car after doing so, and facing no repercussions whatsoever, and then feigning remorse after doing so when we all know that in all likelihood, he's going to do it again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back