• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

KB Answers Wrestling Questions

With the positive reactions to the last two PPVs, Payback and Slammiversary, despite a real lack of expectation, are we reaching the stage that the bigger cards/shows are so over-promoted and hyped that they can only fail from a quality point of view?

:lmao:

Where in the blue hell is all this McMahon TV time going? Seriously...the fuck?!

It's the solution to the ratings issues.

.....allegedly.

Барбоса;4505253 said:
With the positive reactions to the last two PPVs, Payback and Slammiversary, despite a real lack of expectation, are we reaching the stage that the bigger cards/shows are so over-promoted and hyped that they can only fail from a quality point of view?

Yeah kind of, even though Payback wasn't hyped that well at all.

That's what I mean.

An under-promoted show like Payback turns out to be surprisingly enjoyable whereas a show like Wrestlemania has to be so good to live up to its over-promotion that it really hasn't got much of a creative chance to impress.

This year at MiTB? Bryan wins the WWE MiTB to face Cena at SSlam, and Ziggy wins to face ADR?

Probable right?

Really do not understand the rumours of Ziggler entering WHC MitB, winning it and then cashing in Del Rio. He is already in a feud with the champion and is due a rematch so why waste a briefcase on Dolph?

I do like the idea of Bryan getting a briefcase again so long as he stays face and then cashes it in for an actual match with Cena at Summerslam so he can prove to everyone that he can win the big one without going through the back door of a surprise cash in.

Ohh who would you pick?

Not sure yet. Those guys will likely get regular title shots though.

Барбоса;4505523 said:
Really do not understand the rumours of Ziggler entering WHC MitB, winning it and then cashing in Del Rio. He is already in a feud with the champion and is due a rematch so why waste a briefcase on Dolph?

I do like the idea of Bryan getting a briefcase again so long as he stays face and then cashes it in for an actual match with Cena at Summerslam so he can prove to everyone that he can win the big one without going through the back door of a surprise cash in.

If it's a regular match and not a traditional cash-in I'm fine with almost anyone.

KB maybe you can help me out on this. Regarding Christian... I don't get the mass appeal of him. I'm not a hater and yet I'm not a fan. I know he's had a long and pretty successful career but, why is he so liked? Am I missing something?

Not taking how well they drew into account and focusing on such factors as in ring work, mic work, storyline and reactions from the crowd what are some of the best performances turned in by a wrestler in a calendar year?

KB maybe you can help me out on this. Regarding Christian... I don't get the mass appeal of him. I'm not a hater and yet I'm not a fan. I know he's had a long and pretty successful career but, why is he so liked? Am I missing something?

He's humorous most of the time. Seriously, that's it. Do that and you're a god on the internet.

Not taking how well they drew into account and focusing on such factors as in ring work, mic work, storyline and reactions from the crowd what are some of the best performances turned in by a wrestler in a calendar year?

Hogan in every year in the mid 1980s, Cena in 2007, Austin in 1998, Savage in 1989.

I'm alone man, alone in thinking that Brock vs Punk can't work. Maybe it could.

But how? How do we ignore Brock' ferocity and attitude?

Ye, the thing is Brock might come off looking weak, losing his big match allure slowly if he is booked this way. I guess we'll see at SSlam.

How exactly does Brock look weak if Punk has to use the proverbial kitchen sink to beat him? We could easily see an Attitude Era type match.

Way too much stock is being put in "Brock the Killer." His name is still enough to sell whatever Wrestlemania match is planed for him.

Барбоса;4506461 said:
How exactly does Brock look weak if Punk has to use the proverbial kitchen sink to beat him? We could easily see an Attitude Era type match.

Way too much stock is being put in "Brock the Killer." His name is still enough to sell whatever Wrestlemania match is planed for him.

It's not about Brock looking weak. It's about the suspension of disbelief. If Brock fought the UFC bantamweight champion, it would be over the second Brock got his hands on him and odds are mots of the smaller guy's offense would have little to no effect. It might sting a bit, but it's not likely to do severe damage. That's why people are skeptical about the match.

That already happened due to the Triple H matches. Cena made Lesnar look incredible, even in defeat. Triple H made him just another guy.

This, in both match and storyline terms.

It's not about Brock looking weak. It's about the suspension of disbelief. If Brock fought the UFC bantamweight champion, it would be over the second Brock got his hands on him and odds are mots of the smaller guy's offense would have little to no effect. It might sting a bit, but it's not likely to do severe damage. That's why people are skeptical about the match..

Personally, I see Punk vs Lesnar as no different than any of the hundreds of other David vs Goliath confrontations that have taken place in wrestling history, with the slight addendum that it is one that I am actually looking forward to as I think Punk is good enough to get a compelling feud/match out of Brock.

There have been far bigger mis-matches and in kayfabe terms it is hardly a massive step up from getting the better of John Cena, hanging with the Rock and WM Taker to competing with Brock Lesnar.

There's no such thing as can't in wrestling.

I disagree. TNA can't seem to capitolize on James Storm :banghead:

Has there ever been a time where a person missed their match? Like they were late to the arena or they fell asleep etc etc?

Ultimate Warrior won the IC Title from Honky Tonk Man because of something like this I think. But maybe whoever's place he took didn't miss it by accident. I'm totally spacing the story behind that now :confused:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back