KB Answers Wrestling Questions

Just picked up One Night Stand 2007 for 99p (Like, a dollar fifty in the US).

That's pretty much all that PPV was worth right? I'm sitting down to watch it now & I think I wanna see like, 1 match.

Ah alright. I've not actually seen it, but just reading the matches, I could only imagine myself watching the 6-Man Tables Match, the Tag Title Match & Orton/RVD.

I assumed it might've been, I'm just not a huge fan of Batista.

What would you say was the coolest thing to happen at an Extreme Rules event? I've just been hit with the image of Jeff Hardy sliding down the handrail before jumping on Umaga.

I thought the tag team belt design was a good idea, just executed like shit. (the two Greek helmets was a brilliant idea)

Are Jeff Hardy''s custom belts really that bad or is my pretentious arty goggles blinding me somewhat

Yeah but the match was in 2002, not 1998.

Yeah. Angle and Benoit both made him tap.

Rhodes, Hogan, Billy Graham
Have to get back to you on the mullets
Austin, Rock, Angle

It's nt coming too me when they made Cena tap. Was it post Mania 21 when we got Cena as we know him, or was it before that?

Also, outside of guys that held the wwe title who were also the top draws at the time, who would you say had the best title reign and your favorite title reign (if they differ) from guys in the next group. Meaning they were main eventers, but nt the top draw.

Angle was No Mercy 2003 when Cena was a rapper. Benoit was on Smackdown in December of 2003 for a shot at Lesnar's title later in the night.

Savage's first reign.

It's nt coming too me when they made Cena tap. Was it post Mania 21 when we got Cena as we know him, or was it before that?

Also, outside of guys that held the wwe title who were also the top draws at the time, who would you say had the best title reign and your favorite title reign (if they differ) from guys in the next group. Meaning they were main eventers, but nt the top draw.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SdVgv4BTHUY

All before I do believe.

Man..

Smackdown from 2002-2004 was real deep.

Edge, Mysterio, Guerrero's, Hogan, Rock, Undertaker, RVD, Lesnar, Big Show, Angle, Benoit, Jericho (For a short time), Cena.

Why did the WWE mess this up?

Man..

Smackdown from 2002-2004 was real deep.

Edge, Mysterio, Guerrero's, Hogan, Rock, Undertaker, RVD, Lesnar, Big Show, Angle, Benoit, Jericho (For a short time), Cena.

Why did the WWE mess this up?

They all went over to Raw where WWE puts WAY too much thought into things and thought it was all about drama.

Best outsiders match?

Nothing really springs to mind. Probably the original Bash at the Beach match.

Could you name some forgotten classics that are so forgotten that they don't even come up in a forgotten classics discussion?

I ask this because I just stumbled upon Liger - Pillman at SuperBrawl II ("let's search if there's more than the Nitro debut match") and never heard of it before or just forgot. Another one is the Juvi - Rey 2/3 falls match at a random ECW show I guess.

It's extremely rare so good luck finding it, but the Liger vs. Pillman amtch on Christmas night at a house show blows the SuperBrawl one away. The Christmas match is only fan cam footage though so the quality is kind of bad.

There's also a Flair vs. Bret Iron Man match from a house show out there which will blow your mind.

Other than that you have Shawn vs. Razor II from Summerslam 1995 and the Southern Boys vs. the Midnight Express from the 1990 Great American Bash. Cornette called that one of the best Midnight Express matches he ever saw.

Well, thank you, I'll search for them. I guess a ton of great house show matches got lost in time and it kind of makes me sad.

I've actually seen Razor - Shawn II and thought it was even better than the Mania match. Possibly because I watched the SummerSlam one first. I was a bit afraid to tell anyone though because that's kind of wrestling blasphemy.

Do you think you'll ever develop enough love for Puro that you review the biggest shows / matches at least? Your ToDo-list has to get to that point eventually.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back