KB Answers Wrestling Questions

I know a lot of AE fans left after it was over, but how many pre-AE fans still watch wrestling you'd guess? And how much has the demise of WCW and ECW to do with the smaller fanbase (directly, not due to WWE half-assing because of lack of competition)?

How much more would Rhyno have been pushed had he been 6'2" instead of 5'8" (guessing, he was billed as 5'10")?
Dude had CRAZY intensity and could've been bigger in my opinion (I know ECW, NWA and US champion among other accomplishments isn't too shabby).

I know matches are usually planned orally by wrestlers before happening, often with input by road agents and bullet points by creative. How common is it to prepare in much more detail, maybe even with scripts to be learnt or rehearsing in the ring? How long before is a big match usually planned and how long does preparing a, say, 20 minute match take?

How much thought goes into your match ratings? Meaning could a B+ easily be an A or B- upon reviewing or would you be able to defend the rating in detail?

Will the rest of the Year post-SummerSlam be nothing but filler until we hit 2014? I'm trying to think of something that could be "big" before the calendar year switches to 2014. Obviously the Royal Rumble and WrestleMania 30.

Anyways, what do you think the WWE is trying to do with Ziggler as WHC and Cena as WWE Champion for the rest of the Year? I know in the WWE's eyes, the WWE Title is more "prestigious" than the WHC but I can't think of anything Cena will have to face for the rest of the year.

TL/DR?

What is Cena's plans for the rest of the year and into 2014 heading into the Royal Rumble?

It would have helped. He had the ability to do more than just Gore people but he rarely got to show it.

Very rarely do people do that as they like to make it up in the ring. There are two very notable examples of people who planned EVERYTHING in advance: Randy Savage and DDP. As for the timing of big matches, it can vary. Savage and Steamboat spent like three months rehearsing their Wrestlemania III match at Savage's house in Florida, but obviously that can't be done all the time. Most of the time they can practice them at house shows and the final product is what makes TV. If you watch say the Hart Foundation vs. the Killer Bees from the 80s, they clearly know everthing the other team is going to do out of memory.

Some but not a ton. It's really more instinct than anything else. I watch a match and at the end I think "eh that wasn't bad but it got kind of slow in the middle. It didn't do much for me but the good outweighs the bad so C+." As for defending it in detail, I never get why people think they cna do that. It's not like there's some formula for it or something. For bigger matches I can but for something like an 8 minute match on Raw, there isn't enough thinking to it to warrant defending it.

Will the rest of the Year post-SummerSlam be nothing but filler until we hit 2014? I'm trying to think of something that could be "big" before the calendar year switches to 2014. Obviously the Royal Rumble and WrestleMania 30.

Anyways, what do you think the WWE is trying to do with Ziggler as WHC and Cena as WWE Champion for the rest of the Year? I know in the WWE's eyes, the WWE Title is more "prestigious" than the WHC but I can't think of anything Cena will have to face for the rest of the year.

TL/DR?

What is Cena's plans for the rest of the year and into 2014 heading into the Royal Rumble?

My gut says Cena vs. Shield over the summer, which more or less guarantees it won't happen. Other than that, it's hard to say what the rest of the year will hodl this far out.

I think it'll be either Shield or a heel Orton or Sheamus.

Allegedly it was the match that got ECW noticed. I watched it a few years back and good night it's horrible. They talk about how it's a triple threat match that goes to a one horu time limit. Yeah that's true, and all three guys are actually in the arena/at ringside for maybe 25 minutes combined. Someone is either in the back getting medical attention or out cold etc.

Which shoot would you want to see most, Hogan on wrestling in the 80s, Austin on wrestling in the 90s, or Cena on wrestling in the 00s?

Will there be a Wrestlemania 100 in the year 2084?

How many years do you think Sting has left in him? Same question for Kane.

Let's say Cena and Punk compete in the next 3 Stages Of Hell match, which 3 stipulations would you pick for the match?

Is the biggest match ever on Raw, Rock and Austin Vs nWo at the go-home Raw before Mania X8?

Surely it can't get any bigger than that on free TV.

Ye but the two biggest stars or the WWF in the 90s in Rock and Austin Vs the hottest group of the 90s, the nWo?

Not to mention there was a brief moment when we saw Austin Vs Hogan in that match.

Ye but the two biggest stars or the WWF in the 90s in Rock and Austin Vs the hottest group of the 90s, the nWo?

Not to mention there was a brief moment when we saw Austin Vs Hogan in that match.

Yeah but the match was in 2002, not 1998.

Has John Cena ever lost a match due to submission?

Yeah. Angle and Benoit both made him tap.

Top 3 moustaches in wrestling history

Top 3 mullets in wrestling history

Top 3 bald men in wrestling history

Go

Rhodes, Hogan, Billy Graham
Have to get back to you on the mullets
Austin, Rock, Angle

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads