KB Answers Wrestling Questions

No not Matsuda.

His name just escapes me, he was kinda well known during the territorial days.

That piece of film is fucked up. First he breaks his arm, then cusses him out and then chases him as the guy screams for mercy 'Please oh God No' and the footage ends.

Blood-curdling.

Graham?

What makes you think wrestling has suffered due to wrestlers not staying in character "off stage"?

It takes away the mystique of it. Instead of believing these guys hate each other, you can see them at a restaurant laughing. Why would I believe they hate each other on screen if they're friends off of it?

On a scale of 1-10, how stupid is it to argue that you should be hired after failing a urine test using I'm not taking anything right now. The drug you found on your test was there from when I was taking it while under contract?

It's pretty stupid. We'll go 7.

Now to go Obi-Wan Kenobi, it's much stupider to actually hire the person who uses that argument.

It's pretty stupid. We'll go 7.

Now to go Obi-Wan Kenobi, it's much stupider to actually hire the person who uses that argument.

And I'd put good odds on him lying anyway.

How and when do you see Kruger getting called up?

Could you see them changing Gabriel's gimmick to accommodate Kruger?

Probably later this summer.

Nah. Gabriel isn't around enough to warrant altering much.

And Axel was?

I'm not thinking so much that they change Gabriel's gimmick to make him more prominent for Kruger, but more they change his gimmick so that they can more easily pair the two up.

Thinking about Owen and the timeframe of the second match you mentioned:

Could Owen have been a good world champ shortly after Montreal? I think taking the title from Michaels would've been HUGE and what happened could've justified a more aggressive and determined attitude and (along with the obvious sympathy) a higher push for Owen.
Yeah, HBK - Austin is probably the money match at Mania, but it's not like Owen and Austin didn't have history and a good story to tell. Not submitting to Bret at 13 and a year later taking the title from Owen would've been a nice little story in itself.
Maybe DX even (to an extent) costs Owen the title, creating a better Owen - DX feud and Michaels and HHH as later title contenders for Austin.

Also, could something like the screwjob happen in the modern, tightly controlled environment?

Owen could have been a world champion at some point, but anyone not named Austin beating anyone not named Shawn could have meant death for the company. MAYBE you give Owen the title at the Rumble and change it back at No Way Out but there's no way Owen goes even into March as champion.

And no. Not with the no compete clauses.

Instant death? Didn't WCW already shoot itself in the foot at that time?
And yeah, with Shawn around after Mania the options are that much richer anyway (Shawn being a big part in the DX - Owen feud, maybe Shawn losing to Austin and HHH winning KOTR again, creating jealousy and so on).

Were the frequent title changes of the IC belt during the Attitude Era and later a clever idea? With a roster that deep you have to give different people a piece of the cake, but when there's no direction it certainly becomes a problem.

Something people forget: WCW held the lead in the ratings until after Mania. They traded wins until June and then WCW won most of September. It wasn't a landslide immediately after Starrcade.

Not really. They were too frequent and stopped making sense. That and Russo's double title switch in March of 99 hurt it a lot.

Would you say McIntyre is even that good. Even with the being buried thing, surely he would've got back onto the horse if he was worth something??

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back