• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

KB Answers Wrestling Questions

What are some good "documentary" style WWE DVDs? I've watched the CM Punk, Jericho, WCW Rise and Fall and nWo ones, anything else worth checking out?

The ECW one. It might be the best documentary they've ever produced.

I realize that most of ECW was, in fact, shit, so here's a different question.

What was the best thing to come out of ECW?

Rob Van Dam. That's about it.

Is part of the reason The Shield has been booked so strongly that WWE has no idea where they want to go with them yet? Basically, I'm wondering if you think that they keep doing the same thing over and over and over because there's no clear direction for them yet.

Who is Stan Hansen?

An absolutely insane cowboy character who would beat up anyone he felt like beating up. He had such a powerful clothesline finisher that his nickname became Lariat.

Is part of the reason The Shield has been booked so strongly that WWE has no idea where they want to go with them yet? Basically, I'm wondering if you think that they keep doing the same thing over and over and over because there's no clear direction for them yet.

I don't think so no. I think they're the big summer angle.

What wrestler had the best vignette's building up their debut or re-branding?

if you count them as vignettes, probably Jericho's countdown to the millennium.

I don't think so no. I think they're the big summer angle.

So basically you're saying they're treading water until something big later. But at what point does it get old and repetitive? I've already started fast forwarding their handheld promos (assuming I'm not watching live) because they say the same things they said every other time.

And when would you see this angle unfolding? SummerSlam?

I've heard two answers to that:

1. They're afraid of stars becoming huge and then bailing for Hollywood or MMA, which is ridiculous as they're saying they don't want to make money off these guys because one day they might not be able to anymore, despite Austin and Rock bailing and WWE getting to make millions and millions off them in DVDs and vintage t-shirt sales.

2. They want to make them "prove their loyalty." Allegedly HHH thinks that since he was "buried" for years and came back strong, everyone should have to do that.

^Going off wrestlers acting like assholes, what other wrestlers are like that?

I know there is no end or start date but KB in your opinion when did the Attitude Era run?

Do you think the deliberate choice to rarely use the word "wrestling" on WWE TV is a good idea? I mean we all know that's what it is, and not saying the word doesn't hide the fact that it's still guys "fighting" in a ring. I think it's even the reason why commentators don't attempt to call matches with move names etc, but I could be reading too much into it.

^Going off wrestlers acting like assholes, what other wrestlers are like that?

I know there is no end or start date but KB in your opinion when did the Attitude Era run?

Punk is a known jerk.

WM 13 - WM 17.

MNM or Miz/Morrison?

Miz/Morrison although Melina might tip it the other way.

Do you think the deliberate choice to rarely use the word "wrestling" on WWE TV is a good idea? I mean we all know that's what it is, and not saying the word doesn't hide the fact that it's still guys "fighting" in a ring. I think it's even the reason why commentators don't attempt to call matches with move names etc, but I could be reading too much into it.

Calling a show sports entertainment is a way for Vince to avoid admitting that he's a wrestling promoter. I don't think anyone but him cares though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back