• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

KB Answers Wrestling Questions

Best match so far this year?

Cena vs. Punk from Raw.

Do you think Triple H is actually funny? He's always been one of my favourites, but mainly for his heel work. I was watching that "Best Superstars of the 21st Century" DVD on Netflix, and some of the people on it were using the new (HBK and HHH) DX to demonstrate that he was funny. It confused the hell out of me. One example is when DX inducted Mike Tyson into the Hall of Fame. HHH's "humour" and laughing were incredibly forced and annoying, I know to a certain extent what you find funny is subjective, but I really don't think the guy is funny at all. Opinion?

He can be but he needs someone to work off of. The McMahon Family Portrait (It was either an anniversary show or Raw Homecoming) with Stephanie saying she was going to embarrass her dad for a change and kissing HHH and HHH saying "Uh yeah see you at home Steph." *glare from Vince* HHH: "Uhhhhhhhh........." was hilarious.

I've been idly mulling this for a couple of days on and off, and I feel that "TNA Global Championship" sounds better than "TNA World Heavyweight Championship". Thoughts?

Nah. I'm a traditionalist on that stuff.

Do you have a guilty pleasure match or feud at all? A guilty pleasure wrestler even?

Uncensored 1996. the main event is so bad that its laugh out loud funny.

How long does it usually take to write reviews?

After Ziggler finishes up with Del Rio/Swagger, who does he feud with next?

What do you think WWE's big summer angle will be?

Would you be able to tell if the new Payback pay-per-view will be a hit or miss concept this early?

Opinions of Hell in a Cell PPV? Back in the day you knew shit was serious if they made a HiaC match, now they're made for every little thing.

-How much longer does Dixie stay with EB and HH
-If TNA was to be sold what possible "wrestling person or persons" should buy it to preserve it not affiliated with WWE
-If Dixie was to let EB and HH how long would Heyman stay in TNA and whats the % Heyman would run TNA from the creative standpoint not biz decisions

One part of The Rock's career that has always puzzled me was the time he was away from the WWE in 97. I have heard various accounts from injury (though I am not sure what injury he had) to time away to work on his character to a bunch of other things. Can you clear up what specifically kept Rock away during this time and just exactly how much time he was away for?

Opinions of Hell in a Cell PPV? Back in the day you knew shit was serious if they made a HiaC match, now they're made for every little thing.

Not a fan whatsoever. I can't stand the idea of the calendar determining a major gimmick match like that.

-How much longer does Dixie stay with EB and HH
-If TNA was to be sold what possible "wrestling person or persons" should buy it to preserve it not affiliated with WWE
-If Dixie was to let EB and HH how long would Heyman stay in TNA and whats the % Heyman would run TNA from the creative standpoint not biz decisions

Probably years.

No one comes to mind.

I hope never. I'm not a fan of his booking.

How good was Christian in 2005? I thought he should have won the WWE Title then.

That's laughable. He was good but a glorified midcarder.

One part of The Rock's career that has always puzzled me was the time he was away from the WWE in 97. I have heard various accounts from injury (though I am not sure what injury he had) to time away to work on his character to a bunch of other things. Can you clear up what specifically kept Rock away during this time and just exactly how much time he was away for?

He was hurt. There's really nothing more to it than that.

KB -

2 Questions -

1.) Why did TNA put the World Title on K-wik/R-Truth?

2.) Do you expect to see at least some attempts of a build tonight on RAW for Extreme Rules?

Why was Christian a glorified midcarder? Do you feel that he has always been that way? Before Edge went into the main event, I wouldn't have put much between them if I'm honest.

I wouldn't be surprised if you've answered this before, but I just read your Final Resolution '09 review and I'm feeling nostalgic. Where would TNA be right now if Hogan and Bischoff hadn't shown up?

Is it wrong to say that the months leading up to them showing up was the best TNA has ever been? I remember I was pretty much exclusively watching TNA at that point.

^^ None of it matters, right? Or very little, at least? Alot more people will watch WWE RAW because its WWE RAW than because Trips is going to be on raw (for example)? Brand association is the real draw, right? Apart from the odd exception?

On that note anyway, If TNA had kept to Thursday for Hulk's debut, would it have served them better?

Is it wrong to say that the months leading up to them showing up was the best TNA has ever been? I remember I was pretty much exclusively watching TNA at that point.

Nah. I was digging it too.

^^ None of it matters, right? Or very little, at least? Alot more people will watch WWE RAW because its WWE RAW than because Trips is going to be on raw (for example)? Brand association is the real draw, right? Apart from the odd exception?

On that note anyway, If TNA had kept to Thursday for Hulk's debut, would it have served them better?

Most of the time yes.

Yeah. That was a pretty clear failure.

Oh goodness yes. Uncensored 1996 is in the so bad it's hilarious world. Uncensored 1995 isn't great but I've seen worse.

Most ECW PPVs, a lot of the 1999 WCW PPVs, some of the 2005 TNA shows, 2003 WWE shows, they're all worse.

What are some good "documentary" style WWE DVDs? I've watched the CM Punk, Jericho, WCW Rise and Fall and nWo ones, anything else worth checking out?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back