KB Answers Wrestling Questions

On Monday Night RAW last week, Kofi Kingston won the US title from Antonio Cesaro. That raised a few eyebrows backstage and the belief is that Cesaro is being punished by WWE, especially since management did not even attempt to give him a match at WrestleMania 29. Some also believe that the yodeling was a way to humiliate him as well. We noted several weeks ago that Vince McMahon had soured big time on him.

Thoughts on this?

Would you like to see HHH/Brock in the old, blue steel cage? I think it would be cool to go along with Heyman's "old school" comment.

Plus, it would be better if Brock won, right?

Who's your favorite wrestler at the moment?

What do you think of the match between the Midnight Expree and Southern Boys from GAB 1990.

Who was better Juvi or Psicosis?

Would you like to see HHH/Brock in the old, blue steel cage? I think it would be cool to go along with Heyman's "old school" comment.

Plus, it would be better if Brock won, right?

I'd like it but it won't happen.

Unless they want him to be a complete waste of money, yeah.

Who's your favorite wrestler at the moment?

What do you think of the match between the Midnight Expree and Southern Boys from GAB 1990.

Who was better Juvi or Psicosis?

Sheamus.

Excellent and a great last hurrah for the Midnights.

Juvy.

I find it ironic you don't like hardcore wrestling yet Sandman is your favorite. He was one of the ECW originals who really had no talent outside of hardcore wrestling.

As a wrestler he's awful. I liked him when I was a kid though. As far as a wrestler goes, either Dreamer for his character or Storm for how smooth he was in the ring.

A friend asked me to come up with the 5 greatest matches of all time the while we were playing video games about an hour ago or so. I couldn't really do it on the spot because the list of matches i've seen is almost longer than my cock. I told him Savage Steamboat was number 1 for sure though and that Flair vs Steamboat from the clash was a close second. He told me I was wrong and that any answer other than Angle vs Benoit at the Rumble was wrong. We argued about it and for a while and I eventually told him that he was an idiot for asking me my opinion and telling me I was wrong, and that wrestling is about drama just as much as it is the in ring story and I told him I had an expert (The Bunker of Klunder) who could better explain to him why their may not be a better technical match out there (I'm sure their is just don't care to think right now) that still doesn't automatically make it the greatest of all time. Care to give him a quick rundown?

It's because at the end of the day wrestling is a story.

Steamboat vs. Savage wasn't just about the title. It was about revenge. Steamboat had been injured by Savage on television and was likely never going to wrestle again. Savage had taken the WWF by storm and had held the title for longer than anyone other than Pedro Morales. Steamboat came back on Saturday Night's Main Event and Savage was TERRIFIED. The look on his face was excellent and the people wanted to see Savage, the ultimate jerk at the time, get beaten up and to see Steamboat get his revenge. The idea of the unbeatable Savage vs. a fired up Steamboat was mouth watering and the question was simple: who would win? Both guys were seemingly unbeatable and it was going to happen at Wrestlemania.

It was a story and Mania was the conclusion.

If that's not enough, think of it like this. Think of a great movie. Let's say Godfather, or whatever his favorite movie is.

The movie is great because all the pieces come together. If you had 7th graders reading the lines in a field and using their fingers instead of guns but saying the same lines, it would be a disaster. Godfather works because of the look, the music, the atmosphere, the actors, and everything else including the story. Saying a mathc is great because of the moves done is like saying a movie is great because of the plot and story. There's SO much more than that.

This is almost exactly what I told his stupid ass. I also told him that if wrestling were all about Technical prowess Dynamite Kid would be as big as Hulk Hogan and William Regalw ould have headlined 9 straight Wrestlemania's. His response was "Dynnamite Kid is the best I've ever seen no one was doing the things that he was back in the day" Should I punch him in the face and tell him why that's the dumbest thing I've ever heard (and I love me some Dynamite Kid) or just let him think that?

Dynamite was indeed ahead of his time.

Then the time caught up with him and he was a dick to the Rougeaus backstage and got dropped. Dynamite was indeed good but he's not in the running for best ever by a WIDE margin.

Trust me I know how great Dynamite was, The Rogeau story seems kind of like bullshit to me though. They blamed him for a rib he didn't pull

I could see Dynamite going down as a top 20 worker of all time, but not as a wrestler.

What's the best match of all time in your eyes other then Savage Steamboat or any of the Flair Steamboat series?

First of all I find Flair/Steamboat overrated. Great, not as great as they're made out to be.

Other than that it depends on what you're looking for. If you're looking for a match with everything together and pure drama, I've been literally on the edge of my bed for one match ever: Undertaker vs. Shawn from WM 25.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back