KB Answers Wrestling Questions

The United States wrestlers don't have to be FROM the United States, Ech?

I figured anyone that has worked in the United States is fair game, but some big names like Jushin Liger and Mil Mascaras didn't work nearly as much/weren't as big in the States as they did/were in their home countries.

That would be up to you to define that.

I don't do top ten's as a rule. Cena should be on the US one though, definitely ahead of Flair, Hart, Savage and Sting. Ahead of Andre and Savage....I'm not sure but I'd lean towards him being ahead of Savage.

Hart and Sting I could see, and maybe Savage, but I respectfully disagree with Flair. I feel his name value and longevity was greater.

As for the world, it's really hard to compare one country to another to the point where there's really no point to trying.

Technically it could be done - you'd have to be as non biased as possible. It's probable my list is wrong, but I gave it a shot.

I figured anyone that has worked in the United States is fair game, but some big names like Jushin Liger and Mil Mascaras didn't work nearly as much/weren't as big in the States as they did/were in their home countries.

That would be up to you to define that.

Hart and Sting I could see, and maybe Savage, but I respectfully disagree with Flair. I feel his name value and longevity was greater.

Technically it could be done - you'd have to be as non biased as possible. It's probable my list is wrong, but I gave it a shot.

The thing with Flair is that he always just hung around. In the WWF he wasn't pushed to the top against Hogan because north of the Mason-Dixon Line, no one cared outside of New York and Philly. He's a great talent, but he didn't have the drawing power that some of those other names had.

The thing with Flair is that he always just hung around. In the WWF he wasn't pushed to the top against Hogan because north of the Mason-Dixon Line, no one cared outside of New York and Philly. He's a great talent, but he didn't have the drawing power that some of those other names had.

True, but I'd still rank Flair high on a world list because he was a draw outside the States. I ranked Hogan #1 on both lists because of that reason. One could make the argument that El Santo was more popular than Hogan on a domestic level, but not a draw outside Mexico... he probably should be #3.

If you're going with how big they were internationally, Bret Hart would be WAY higher. he's huge in America and Canada and is popular in Europe as well for his basic style. Austin and Rock would be up there too.

If you're going with how big they were internationally, Bret Hart would be WAY higher. he's huge in America and Canada and is popular in Europe as well for his basic style. Austin and Rock would be up there too.

I just realized that, you'd have to gauge not only popularity, but overall influence. And not just from the US to wherever. Jushin Liger was a huge name in Mexico, as was Great Sasuke.

I'd have to do some pondering before I make another list.

KB -

i dunno why ProWrestlingFan made a ripoff thread of this one.

but you have very solid answers and don't b.s. the questions asked.

anyways, have you seen beyond the mat or slammed! Inside the indies? Both are youtube movies.

Since you are the guy that watched over a million tapes and what not, I saw a question in PWF's thread that I would love to read from a pro:

Please explain how professional wrestling evolved into different products in the USA, UK, Japan, and Mexico due to respective geographies and cultures.

Since you are the guy that watched over a million tapes and what not, I saw a question in PWF's thread that I would love to read from a pro:

Please explain how professional wrestling evolved into different products in the USA, UK, Japan, and Mexico due to respective geographies and cultures.

UK it came from carnivals/freak show stuff.

USA basically the same.

Mexico started back in the 30s I believe when a guy wanted something to flesh out a boxing card.

Japan if I remember right was because after WWII, Rikidozan was the only international star that was a success. He gave the Japanese people something to believe in again and the sport became respected as a result.

Will Kurt Angle ever return to the WWE?

I doubt it but anything is possible.

KB

why are so many indy promotions based in the north east

There are more people there. Seriously that's it.

Possibly but I think it's partially that he's had the same haircut for 17 years and it just doesn't work different. Why change it?

UK it came from carnivals/freak show stuff.

USA basically the same.

Mexico started back in the 30s I believe when a guy wanted something to flesh out a boxing card.

Japan if I remember right was because after WWII, Rikidozan was the only international star that was a success. He gave the Japanese people something to believe in again and the sport became respected as a result.

Antonio Inoki was a big international star as well; Vader too, since his career started in Japan.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back