KB Answers Wrestling Questions

Followup.

I'm not rooting for TNA to fail, let me make that clear.

How does WWE present the TNA if they buy the library to its fans? I understand many WWE fans know or are TNA fans, but after 13 years of pretending it didn't exist, how do you introduce it? Is it a minor wrestling company, an indy or the second largest company for about 13 years? I'm overthinking because I'm sure they will just say, "you know TNA" or just not pay that any mind, but it is a weird dynamic.

Followup.

I'm not rooting for TNA to fail, let me make that clear.

How does WWE present the TNA if they buy the library to its fans? I understand many WWE fans know or are TNA fans, but after 13 years of pretending it didn't exist, how do you introduce it? Is it a minor wrestling company, an indy or the second largest company for about 13 years? I'm overthinking because I'm sure they will just say, "you know TNA" or just not pay that any mind, but it is a weird dynamic.

They'll just give a quick explanation of what it was and show the Sting/Angle/Hardy matches.

You don't think Jarrett may throw his name in the hat, if only to try and drive up the price?
Nah. Whatever he offers, WWE can always pay more and he knows it. It's not worth his time. The last thing he wants to do is have WWE annoyed at him.

Nah. Whatever he offers, WWE can always pay more and he knows it. It's not worth his time. The last thing he wants to do is have WWE annoyed at him.

Do you think, if he were offered a "legends contract", that he'd dump GFW and take it? The payday would certainly be better, with a much less stressful work schedule.

I'm not saying they should, or even would. It's a hypothetical question.

Nah. The legends deal is actually pretty weak at something like $10,000 a year.

Is he making that much with GFW? If they're selling 500 seats, at $15, that's only $7500 per show. Then you take out the overhead, and he can't be left with much per show.

Booker T is able to run his own indy while still working for WWE, I imagine if they offered Jarrett a legends deal he'd still be able to run GFW.

Is he making that much with GFW? If they're selling 500 seats, at $15, that's only $7500 per show. Then you take out the overhead, and he can't be left with much per show.

There probably isn't much there, though he did just an international TV deal.

Booker T is able to run his own indy while still working for WWE, I imagine if they offered Jarrett a legends deal he'd still be able to run GFW.

He probably could. It's not like they have much to do anyway.

So I've been watching all the raws in order, n am currently right after wm13. The whole anti America Bret is starting up.

Question is, have you watched wwf 97 recently, n knowing what we know now about the whole Bret/hbk issue, thoughts on the storyline?

I was only 10/11 back then n was a HUGE Hart fan(still am) so I'm quite interested in seeing it play out with the added info I now know.

How messy do you think the power struggle will be in WWE when Vince dies? Obviously, Triple H and Steph have been groomed to take over (no pun intended), but surely Kevin Dunn isn't going to make it easy for them.

More importantly, when Vince finally croaks, how much damage will it do to the WWE? Will the boost in ratings from the shock/curiosity be enough to off-set the company's inevitable dive in the stock market?

Was the aftermath of Mania 12 where Shawn tells the ref to tell Bret to get out of the ring all part of the story so that when Bret returns they could play off the anger towards one another, or was that legit and the first strike in what would become the Bret/Shawn feud?

How messy do you think the power struggle will be in WWE when Vince dies? Obviously, Triple H and Steph have been groomed to take over (no pun intended), but surely Kevin Dunn isn't going to make it easy for them.

More importantly, when Vince finally croaks, how much damage will it do to the WWE? Will the boost in ratings from the shock/curiosity be enough to off-set the company's inevitable dive in the stock market?

And if Shane wants a piece of the pie it could arguably get even more messy

It actually won't be that hard. Dunn has next to no official power and is likely fired the day Vince dies.

It'll change a lot but it's almost impossible to know how much.

Was the aftermath of Mania 12 where Shawn tells the ref to tell Bret to get out of the ring all part of the story so that when Bret returns they could play off the anger towards one another, or was that legit and the first strike in what would become the Bret/Shawn feud?

Story. They mention it on the Bret vs. Shawn DVD.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back