KB Answers Wrestling Questions

It's going to need some tweaking but there's potential there. What they need to do is let Wyatt move up the card and win a big feud. Let the minions do the fighting for him and save Wyatt for the big wars.

I've always had a bit of a soft spot for Booker T as Harlem Heat always seemed to be on a WCW show that aired in the UK in 2000 or so. Watching him in 2002/2003 PPVs at the moment reminded me just how smooth and fluid he was in the ring, especially with all his kick-based offense.

Looking at WWE now, no-one else that I can think of has that kind of uniqueness to their offense. Sure, people do kick their opponents but so much of Booker's moveset was based on his legs and feet. Is this something WWE should try and introduce for a certain character or was it only something Booker could pull off?

Bonus question, his Harlem Hangover was awesome but isn't something I've ever seen since. Are there any finishing/signature moves you'd like to see come back?

As John Cena has said, there are certain wrestlers who can flow from one move to another without stopping. Randy Orton and Booker T. are examples of this. Cena himself fully admits that he can't do it. It's something you either have or you don't and you can't teach it. The kicks can be taught, but that flowing offense can't be.

I could go for some more superkicks. At the moment it's only Owens, Ziggler, Rusev, Breeze and Paige using it. That could easily be expanded.

As for a non-snarky answer, I've always loved the TKO (fireman's carry cutter).

I'm watching a 97 Raw and there's a sign on the front row of the crowd that says 'Vote Jeremy Borash'... Was JB involved in the business back then? And if so, where?

It's a VOTE JEREMY BORASH FOR MARCONI sign. It's for a radio prize. Borash was actually a somewhat big deal in radio, at least in that region.

As John Cena has said, there are certain wrestlers who can flow from one move to another without stopping. Randy Orton and Booker T. are examples of this. Cena himself fully admits that he can't do it. It's something you either have or you don't and you can't teach it. The kicks can be taught, but that flowing offense can't be.

I could go for some more superkicks. At the moment it's only Owens, Ziggler, Rusev, Breeze and Paige using it. That could easily be expanded.

As for a non-snarky answer, I've always loved the TKO (fireman's carry cutter).

You missed Harper, and I think Rollins does it as well. I might have forgotten some others as well. :lmao:

It's going to need some tweaking but there's potential there. What they need to do is let Wyatt move up the card and win a big feud. Let the minions do the fighting for him and save Wyatt for the big wars.

yet somehow, I can see Bray Wyatt being worth nothing much come the Royal Rumble sans his family... :disappointed:

Personally, I think it'd be engaging to see post-Authority, Bray and his family do their own version of the MoD and 'take over' the WWE as the new Big bad. Could be a good storyline to be written with a bigger Wyatt family at the top of the Heel side.

^^ On that note, are we being overloaded with the nostalgia stuff in the past year moreso? I am guessing all these returns are being done to setu a stacked card for WM32?

Is it not just because they've all been in TNA and now that's going tits up?

Well probably a bit but I really don't think WWE cares about TNA. If they want someone, they can get them no matter what TNA is doing.

Sometime ago, I mentioned on this thread that I wasn't too high on Seth Rollins and a possible face turn. Whilst my feelings on that remain the same(mostly because his 2 former SHIELD mates are also still babyfaces moreso that anything), I do feel Sheamus cashing-in and taking the title from Rollins/Sting at NoC is the best direction to go before we start to head into Mania season once again.

To besides, it doesn't seem that the Authority's position of power is going to be challenged anytime soon, thus, a Sheamus for Rollins swap would sort of freshen things up all around. Your thoughts?

Also, are FOR or AGAINST a very short title reign for Sting?

Before Sting ditched the colorful facepaint and blonde hair for the crow gimmick, can you point to different points in Sting's pre-crow WCW/NWA career and see growth and development or even a change in Sting's character, or was he really the same guy for the most part up until the crow gimmick?

Sometime ago, I mentioned on this thread that I wasn't too high on Seth Rollins and a possible face turn. Whilst my feelings on that remain the same(mostly because his 2 former SHIELD mates are also still babyfaces moreso that anything), I do feel Sheamus cashing-in and taking the title from Rollins/Sting at NoC is the best direction to go before we start to head into Mania season once again.

To besides, it doesn't seem that the Authority's position of power is going to be challenged anytime soon, thus, a Sheamus for Rollins swap would sort of freshen things up all around. Your thoughts?

Also, are FOR or AGAINST a very short title reign for Sting?

It would for a bit and Sheamus vs. Rollins would have potential.

Against though not horribly.

Before Sting ditched the colorful facepaint and blonde hair for the crow gimmick, can you point to different points in Sting's pre-crow WCW/NWA career and see growth and development or even a change in Sting's character, or was he really the same guy for the most part up until the crow gimmick?

He started getting more serious in 1995. In the early 90s he started maturing and became the star who would fight everyone at any cost after just being a charismatic athletic guy for years. It's nothing significant though.

It would for a bit and Sheamus vs. Rollins would have potential.

Against though not horribly.

He started getting more serious in 1995. In the early 90s he started maturing and became the star who would fight everyone at any cost after just being a charismatic athletic guy for years. It's nothing significant though.

Did that coincide with something that was going on in whatever story line he was in (If so what happened)? Or was it more to do with his maturation as a pro wrestler?

Did that coincide with something that was going on in whatever story line he was in (If so what happened)? Or was it more to do with his maturation as a pro wrestler?

Just his maturation. His first title reign was a disaster but he spent most of 1991 getting built back up and the fans totally bought it. The second reign was far better because he was ready for it.

When did Big Bubba Rogers make the change to Ray Traylor in WCW?

I think it was after he got kicked out of the NWO so early to mid 1997.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back