KB Answers Wrestling Questions

How much do you know about who was in the NWA from 1991 - 2001? I know about ECW, NWA Wildside, Dennis Corralluzo's NWA New Jersey, Pacific Northwest Wrestling and UK Hammerlock, but beyond that I'm rather ignorant.

Well WCW was in the NWA until 1991. After Shane throws the belt down, the company basically goes underground for a long time. They had the World Title change hands in a tiny town outside of Cincinnati when Severn won the belt. That was the big takeaway for me: Dan Severn winning the title, likely in a high school gym. There really isn't much to know about it as there wasn't much to talk about.

I was talking to someone recently about them turning Rollins face (which lets face it, seems to be how it's going) & we were wondering what the best way to do it would be;

1) He beats Cena & Sting, even though The Authority stacked the odds against him. After defending his second title, the Authority come out with Sheamus who cashes in MITB. Rollins then proceeds to beat Sheamus as well.

2) Rollins beats Cena/Sting, only to get absolutely destroyed by Sheamus & lose the WWEWHC?

B, as long as they make him look strong in the process.

Thought the same also.

However, for some reason(perhaps the SHIELD mark in me not letting go) I just can't warm to the idea of Seth Rollins as a huge babyface, tho I can see why so many people want it to happen.

Being a Wyatt Follower = the most socially acceptable savage gimmick ever conceived? I mean I know they don't hail from the jungle, but backwoods America seems like a good replacement.

1) It seems that the WWE has kept Randy Orton away from championships since has second WP suspension. (This was a while ago fans- under policy he doesn't have any current WP strikes.) While Randy doesn't need a belt at this point in his career, do you see this changing?

2) It seems TNA has committed themselves to a slow, painful, lingering death by a thousand cuts. Who goes where, and who goes nowhere?

1. He was World Champion last year. They aren't really keeping him away.

2. I'm really not seeing many people going to WWE. Most of the bigger TNA stars have either been in WWE or are too old to really get a push. The Hardys would probably get one last run and EC3 might get another look but aside from that, it's a pretty thin pool for WWE.

Other than that, it's pretty much Global Force and Ring of Honor, though I'm not sure ROH would be interested in most of them. I'd assume most of them would go to GFW and when that likely folds in a year or two, they'll probably just kick around the indies and then retire.

Oh and the Wolves will likely be welcomed back to ROH with open arms.

The worst part of this: I had to think of who was left in TNA and that took some time.

What's the highest rating you've given to a handicap match?

As naturally charismatic as Balor is, his promo style feels a little unnatural, like he's stuck in his own head. You know what I mean, right?

What would you think of Balor having a female manager as a temporary mouthpiece when he's brought up to the main roster? Can a babyface even have a mouthpiece in this day and age?

Or is the best solution to turn him heel, and bring out the Prince Devitt side of him, who was much better and more natural at promos in Japan?

With Kurt Angle's announcement that he won't be renewing his TNA contract, there's been a lot of talk about him in non-spam. Can you give us a better idea of what really happened to cause his exit from WWE?

Was Kurt being unrealistic? Was Vince McMahon? Could it all have been worked out .....or was it a case that leaving truly was in the best interests of the man and the company?

What's the highest rating you've given to a handicap match?

I have no idea.

As naturally charismatic as Balor is, his promo style feels a little unnatural, like he's stuck in his own head. You know what I mean, right?

What would you think of Balor having a female manager as a temporary mouthpiece when he's brought up to the main roster? Can a babyface even have a mouthpiece in this day and age?

Or is the best solution to turn him heel, and bring out the Prince Devitt side of him, who was much better and more natural at promos in Japan?

Kind of yeah but his entrance makes up for it. He doesn't need a mouthpiece.

With Kurt Angle's announcement that he won't be renewing his TNA contract, there's been a lot of talk about him in non-spam. Can you give us a better idea of what really happened to cause his exit from WWE?

Was Kurt being unrealistic? Was Vince McMahon? Could it all have been worked out .....or was it a case that leaving truly was in the best interests of the man and the company?

The latter. He wanted/needed a lighter schedule and thought his neck could hold up more than what WWE thought it could. Also he needed some new challenges.

As he does with pretty much every bridge he comes in contact with

That really doesn't surprise me.

Барбоса;5288641 said:
Does this make it more or less realistic that he wanted to become a fireman?

Paramedic I believe.

Nope.

I tried the WCW Hotline once and every option was unavailable at the moment. Of course this was after Okerlund spent about two minutes reading all of them off to run up the bill.

To be fair, jey uso is Reigns' family and given his family connections being brought u quite up, it does make sense that Jey would offer to help.

At least it seems that they are trying with this mystery partner stuff and perhaps, Ambreigns might end up not getting anyone at all.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back