Katie Lea [Burchill] to TNA?

It's Damn Real!

The undisputed, undefeated TNA &
According to a report from the iMPACT! tapings, former WWE Diva Katie Lea Burchill (Kat Waters) worked a tryout match with TNA in a dark-match before iMPACT! in a losing effort against former Knockouts champion Madison Rayne. The report also indicates there has been interest from TNA for a while now in Kat Waters.

Thoughts on the idea of adding to the Knockouts division again, albeit with an ex-WWE performer?

Personally, I've always been a fan of Katie Lea, and I think she could really instill some dominance to the Knockouts division that's unfortunately been dominated by The Beautiful People (entirely) for months now since the departures of Roxxi, ODB, Kong and others.

katie-lea.jpg

I think Katie Lea would be able to function fairly well within the TNA knockout's division really. She's pretty decent in the ring, as well as she has some decent microphone skills. Definitely a girl that would thrive in the division. She might not add much to it really, but she'll be doing just fine within there without a doubt.

I'll be interested to see if she gets hired though. I mean I guess the division could use some new blood, and this would be a pretty decent choice if there really is needed to add anything. Talented, and pretty decent looking as well (The vampire kind of looks was awful though)

I think Katie Lea would be an excellent addition to the roster of Knockouts in TNA. From what I understand and from what little I've seen of her, she's competent in the ring. I think she's very attractive, although I didn't like her look in her later days in WWE.

I wouldn't be too worried about adding to their roster, IDR, with former WWE talent, it's never stopped them before, in fact WWE cast-offs always appear to be in higher standing than anyone else in terms of hiring practices in TNA. The fact that she has a WWE history can only benefit her.

Just for the love of God, don't associate her with Paul Burchill in any way, shape, or form and make no suggestion of a potential "incest angle" involving her. I know TNA loves shock value in their angles (case in point, Orlando Jordan), but the very suggestion of this storyline in her WWE days, which personally I never believed was ever the intention by WWE and was pure speculation and bullshit by the IWC, killed her and Burchill's opportunities to ever amount to anything in WWE. Once this nonsense made its way through the IWC, she and Burchill never recovered, even though I never ever saw anything remotely suggestive of this storyline in any of her appearances on WWE television.

I've always liked Katie Lea, but I haven't seen her do much of anything exciting since OVW. So while I'm excited to see new women brought in, there are better alternatives that would probably be less expensive due to not previously having worked in the WWE. Of course, that's their concern and not mine and I'm not going to look the gift horse in the mouth too much. She's a great in-ring talent, she's gorgeous, she has moments of awesomeness on the mic, and I think she'll get better with time. I'm excited to see how she's going to be pushed and what they plan to do with her.

I hope TNA hires her full-time. She could be an asset. I've always thought she was a great talent and WWE slipped up on this one. In fact, if she goes on a mean streak and becomes a heel in TNA, she could definitely make an impact. I'd reveal her as the motorcycle woman teaming her with Madyson Rayne if TNA wants to make her important real quick in the KO's division. TNA needs to revamp this division and making Katie Lea a part of it is definitely a step in the right direction. They need capitalize on these former talents where WWE didn't.

i think shes the motorcycle women but that's just me, i kid you not, if they signed her i'd actually tune into impact and not just read the results. She was my favorite diva until she left and she looks vicious in the ring, here's to hoping that she gets signed :worship:

I've unfortunately given up hope in TNA, so I can see this going one of two ways.

1. They use Katie Lea for a few tapings then give her the Roxxi treatment and send her on her way.

2. She gets stuck managing Magnus and Wolfe (In other words, she's the new Chelsea)

I don't think TNA really knows how to handle the knockouts, I don't think Velvet is all that special in the ring, the only people who can really wrestle in that division now are Hamada, Angelina, Madison and Tara (when she takes the stupid helmet off)

Katie Lea didn't exactly get much of an opportunity to shine in the WWE, but she was pretty solid overall from when she got her moments. I certainly can't really see her doing anything to bring the Knockout Division down as it's pretty close to rock bottom as it is.

Personally, I'd rather see her hook up with some of the British wrestlers of the TNA roster. Yeah, I know that it's not exactly an unexpected move but it's one that makes all the logical sense in the world. I'd rather see her with the other Brit wrestlers as a wrestler rather than a valet. There's more than enough mindless eye candy running around TNA as it is, so I'd rather see a solid talent brought into the struggling Knockout Division. She might actually help to improve things.

Anything to give the Knockouts division a reboot will be good. Katie is a competent wrestler that can perform on the mic and in the ring. TNA desperately needs someone of name value that can wrestle in the knockouts division. Lacey Von Erich and Rosie Lottalove haven't been the answer.

Katie would fit in so well with the Knockout scene. In fact, if I was booking for TNA, I would have KLB be the Biker Chick. That's right, no more fake British accent bullshit. I want to see her be the real wrestler she is - maybe as a badass biker chick. Katie Burchill.. that would make a good name for her.. unless it's copyright.

I've always loved Kat Waters, ever since her debut. She has an absolutely unique gorgeous look with stunning features. She is excellent in the ring, and great on the mic as well. She is probably in my top 3 favorite all time divas.

I do agree that WWE missed the boat with this one. And while I think any company will benefit from signing her, it still wouldn't be enough to get me to tune in to TNA programming. I didn't tune in when Angle, Hogan, Flair, Christian, or Foley signed, and I won't tune in now, Beautiful girl though...

For Katie Lea I've got two possible ideas for how TNA should use her...

1) Have her team up with paul burchill and have them bring up their fued against shane "hurricane" helms again. They call call the fued "Unfinished Business"

or

2) Put her in the KO division with Rob Terry as her bodyguard that gets involed in her matches. For example she's fighting lacy von erich then throw a ref bump or ref distraction which allows Terry to come in and lay out lacy with a freak buster !

IMO either idea could work

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back