Katie Lea and Paul Burchill: Incest Storyline

well all I can say, is at least they are lookin to play these out as making these two complete and utter fuckin weirdos lol. The mannerisms of both, especially Katie Lee, made them seem really kinda fucked up lol. Maybe itll make the angle halfway decent. On the positive note, Burchill looked fuckin damn good in the ring, and Katie lee showed good potential on the acting side of things. But as Jake said, there is really nowere for you to go after an incest angle lol. Guess they couldnt possibly just team Burchill up with DH Smith with Lea as their Valet and push them with the tag belts...nah thatd just make way to much sense and be too good....

I like the angle as I think it will get over as something about these weird angles get over with the crowd. Burchill will be a heel for kissing his siter which will work for him, but I hope it doesn't Muhammad Hussan itself by going to far one show and ruining the whole angle. For some reason I would of rather seen the angle done with the McMahons as I would believe that Vince or Shane had something going on with Steph. But hey Vince has been wanting do this angle back the beaver cleavage days andhe finally has done it. So lets hope it's entertaining. Eitehr way in the end it will be the end of Paul Burchill's career.

Yeah...the end of burchills career....the guys getting paid to wrestle in front of millions of people, in the biggest wrestling company in the world and possibly get the chance to make out with Katie Lea during this.....yeah hes f*cked his career up.

Besides Its not like the angles impossible to change once the noveltys worn. Just do the same as the Major Brothers and say they lied they were related to get themselves known

This just shows how perverted VKM really is, can you imagine what the parents of the younger viewers think when they find out their children are watching brother & sister make out on a wrestling show ? it's messed up, on the other hand some people like messed up stuff.

It doesn't bother me that much, I just don't want to see Birchill & Katie Lea's careers come to an end, they have alot of potential.

;)

Why they want to ruin a quality British talent's career before it gets started properly, I don't know. From what I've seen of Burchill he could be a near main-eventer on ECW, wheras this storyline is going to flop, big-style. And I just don't get Vince sometimes, does he seriously think incest is entertaining?

I am gonna wait this one out before i get too critical of it. Just because it is rumored to be incsestual does not mean they are necessarily take it too far. They could just be a very close brother and sister, and perhaps down the road with all the fans speculating whether or not there is something more going on Katie Lea becomes interested in another superstar and it brings out the rage in Burchill even more. But in order for that to happen they need to play a long game of "are they or aren't they" sort of like they did with the origional Golddust.

Maybe they can get involved in a good tag team and as long as they draw it out and eventually become faces, Burchill's jealousy over his sister falling for his tag partner can lead to some great stuff. I am sure they will find some way to offend people as opposed to actually employ good writing but I am gonna hold out in hopes.

i just thought of a way to end this storyline that even if it's a little ridiculous would pretty much save Paul and KAtie's career. If the angle doesn'T work and get negative backlash, all they got to do is to Have PAul And KAtie Lea come to the ring and tell everybody that this was just a big lie and that KAtie Lea isn't is sister at all but that she is a Burchill because they are married. So by doing so, they are still able to stay together and the incest angle would be scrapped at the same time.

Well that wont happen, I used to Know Katie when she was working for the FWA as Nikita and ill tell you something she will do anything that the WWE wants her to do to get over,this is her dream and she wont let anything get in the way of that, the sad thing is it will probably come to an end with this crappy storyline

You know, I was against the whole incest angle idea because I'm tired of the whole soap opera aspect they've been trying lately and I'd much rather have a wrestling-based feud (like Cena/Orton...despite how I don't like Cena lol)

However, so far, this isn't too annoying. Its a little early to be judging and saying "yeah I like it", cause it might've just been blind luck on the first night, but...

1. At least they aren't doing it like the Hornswoggle angle. How much time have we seen wasted so far because of the "bastard son" storyline that included matches with Khali and a MILLION backstage segments? Its garbage.

2. At least they aren't doing it with wrestlers that were in the midst of a push and had been in the company for a while. I'd be pissed if it were even given to a talented guy like Kenny Dykstra, as he has a lot of potential. Burchill looks mediocre to me, but then again, that was just one match I've seen, so that's also too early to judge.

3. At least they aren't REALLY brother and sister. McMahon's sick for wanting to have an angle where he fathers a child with his daughter.

4. Who knows, maybe they'll keep it low-key and not try to make it too outlandish? If they do that, this could work. All they'd need to do in the future to retcon the whole thing is to say that one of them is adopted or something haha.

5. At the very least, Katie Lea looks like she might be a fit diva and we might end up getting one more good women's wrestler out of it to go with the ranks of Beth, Mickie, and Melina.

This is the first time ive seen Katie Lea.. and all I could think of is a LITA rip off.. she looks like Lita and she acts like Lita in my opinion.

I personally dislike this storyline.. what are they possibly try to achieve?? and having it ON RAW.. plz give me a break. Raw has like over 4 storylines going on at the same time, this storyline is gonna be shitted on. ECW would best suit this incest storyline as ECW doesnt have much going on right now.

Raw is currently the worst place for a debut IMO. Raw is for the true stars of the WWE.. the TOP DOGS. Dont get me wrong Ecw n Sd have many stars too.. but Raw is the crown jewel but having this storyline could possible LOSE viewers.. and the WWE dont need that atm.

However, Paul Burchill was pretty good in the ring on raw IMO, but a storyline like this could ruin his career in the WWE.

Maybe I'm missing something here, because I watched this segment on Raw this week, and I did not see anything remotely incestuous about it. Perhaps this will eventually evolve into this, we all have to pray this doesn't happen.

I saw a "brother" and a "sister" who albeit seemed to have an unusual relationship, but I saw nothing suggestive of incest. If I hadn't been reading all about this supposed angle on all of the internet sites, I never would have gotten this from this week's show.

Some other poster mentioned that they kissed. Maybe I wasn't paying close enough attention, but I didn't see this happen.

I saw a "brother" wanting to please his sister, odd, but not incest. I saw a "sister" wanting her brother to inflict pain upon his opposition, again an odd relationship, but nothing inappropriate as such.

Could this be a swerve, a trick being orchestated by WWE creative. "Leak" this incest storyline, replete with references to the fact that Vince has supposedly always wanted to do this angle, including with his own family's involvement (which has never been substantiated). Tease this potential storyline with odd behaviour and suggestive comments and actions, but never have it overtly be mentioned. And when push comes to shove (no pun intended), have the storyline never materialize. Lots of hype, lots of publicity, but never an actual inappropriate storyline.

Much like Billy and Chuck. Lots of hype in the mainstream media, but when it came right down to it, they weren't actually gay (neither the wrestlers nor the characters they portray) and didn't actually get married, it was all a stunt (by Bischoff I think?). Lots of attention, but no real substance or controversy. And ultimately, the storyline fizzled and died as another stupid failed WWE storyline.

I'm actually intrigued by this angle. Vince has a habit of picking....interesting angles for himself and this one could be jsut another one of those. As creepy as it is, it's better than Vince and stephanie or shane and stephanie. Not to mention both are great wrestlers, and it gives us another hot diva who can actually wrestle. I'm not sold or unsold yet, but it might not be as bad as it sounds.

I don't know how true that is, how many people are gonna see Paul Birchel and say "Wasn't he a Pirate?" The angle is going to happen, it'll go just passed Wrestlemania, and it'll fizzle out, and both will return to OVW. Vince will have his storyline done and gone, and all will be as it was. Unfortunatly.

I actually see Katie getting a good storyline outta this in the future. Maybe the Women's title as Paul did say "What Katie wants she gets".

But still though, when it does come the time to make her a serious contender, if they do, how do you surpass the fact that the woman was having sexual relations with her own brother, whether it was real or not?

But after seeing it debut on tv, I'm quite interested to see where it could go. Both could be champions, Paul the IC Champion and Katie the Women's.

It wasnt as bad as i thought, but i'd rather it not be an incest storyline and simply just a man and his girlfriend or whatever. Burchill is a good wrestler, and he could become a great main eventer, possibly a intercontinetal champion, whilst Katie Lea has the chance of becoming womans champion.

But with this incest storyline its going to kill both of their careers, whenever Vince has these stupid angles the wrestlers end up getting no reaction, and get released. I don't know how they could change it back to normal now, but i hope they find a way. They could become the WWE's version of Robert Roode and Ms. Brooks.

Paul needs to act more heelish imo...maybe give a popular mid-carder a bit of a beat down, get on the mic and have a anti-american rant or something like that. Even better rant about America. beat the crap outta hacksaw then burn the American flag....instant heat.

Or have him beat the crap out of one of the face divas to please his sister, have say Ashley piss Katie off backstage and Katie sic her big brother on her....lets face it the WWE fans will give Burchill major heat if a popular diva like Ashley or Maria gets curb stomped.(id actually mark out if he curb stomped Ashley coz I cant stand her)

I like the insest angle so far and Burchill looks awesome in the ring...he just needs to do more than squash a few jobbers imo

I dunno about these guys. Personally I tune out their matches most of the time. They really arent doing much to make me want to watch them at the moment. Maybe in the future it might end up being a good team to watch but for right now...meh.

Is it just me (and it could very well be me, hoping against all hope because I think this storyline is an all around bad idea) or did it seem like in the backstage segment on Raw that WWE may be shying away from going full out with the incest portion of the angle. It seemed as though since Paul was willing to pimp out Katie to Regal, which doesn't seem to jive with my understanding of what Paul and Katie's relationship was supposed to be like , that the angle might be a swerve after all. My understanding from what I had heard was Paul was supposed to become psychotically unhinged if Katie received attention from any other men. Did I make this up in my own head?

Thoughts? Opinions? Major Psychotic hatreds?

How about this for an angle, make katie pregnant, then for weeks hint that its pauls. Then have Wal Venis come out and say, he has video proof that the baby is in fact pauls (insert choppy amateur video of a bedroom seen where both are present together with venis taping). Settign up a feud between Venis and Burchill. Or you could do what WWE is probably going to do something along the lines of Katie is pregnant, it ends up being kanes, kane fights a jobber, jobber makes kane crush the unborn baby, and have the baby die, causing the jobber to create a catchy phrase, then have that jobber become a monster heel who is covered in pimples, and no one likes.

I dont really know this new pair that have just debut on Raw. The storyline of incest sounds interesting though. I wonder how they will handle it. As young kids watch this show so they will have to be very careful how they handle it as they dont want young kids copying what they do.

Personally, I don't like this angle, for the simple reason that they're using Birchill and Lea. Not only is that a bad reflection on the Brits, but these two can actually wrestle. They have great in-ring skills, but they'll never be known as anything but the incestual siblings now. Just when you thought Birchill had been given enough time to get over the pirate gimmick, they load him up with a good helping of incest. The angle might turn out to be interesting in itself, but it's gonna do nothing but hurt the two involved.

Now for a couple of side notes. Firstly, why the hell is Birchill using this stomp manouvere, which (IMO) looks a bit lame to be a finisher. A good secondary finish maybe, like Batista's spinebuster, but a full on finisher? No. Birchill should still, IMO, be using that Backflip Urange Slam thing he used during his last run. That was the damned coolest thing I've ever seen. I freely admit, I marked for that move. He comes back, he's suddenly just stepping on people's backs for a finish? What's with that?

Secondly, and a little randomly, is it me or is Katie Lea a long lost twin of Lita? They look damned near identical.

It seems like this story has been scrapped, or they are just biding their damn time, most likely the latter.

Personally, not looking forward to this storyline at all, they could do alot better than this, and not to mention the fact that is it pretty strange, and er...disturbing. Although I am not sure if this to general public will increas rating, it is certainly gonna make people talk.

It seems like this story has been scrapped, or they are just biding their damn time, most likely the latter.

Personally, not looking forward to this storyline at all, they could do alot better than this, and not to mention the fact that is it pretty strange, and er...disturbing. Although I am not sure if this to general public will increas rating, it is certainly gonna make people talk.

Vince has always wanted to do a incest story, so i strongly doubt that this has been scrapped..

"Making people talk". in a way is going to make perhaps former fans overhear about it.. tune in.. and the ratings will go up..

For the wrong reasons.

Honestly, I dont have a problem with this so far. Its not really an incest angle per sey, its just a "Katie Lea and Paul Birchill are really fuckin weird" angle. There is only very light implied possibility of incest. Which is fine by me, but they need to keep things going as it looks like the Burchill push is losing steam already. Its a wonder they cant find more for this guy to do.

Hey since Katie and Burchill are "sister and brother" wouldnt that give Katie Lea the same "pirate ancestors" as Paul Birchill??? They should hella make them Pirates again. I think it would own. he got over like that. Either that, or really pick up the vicousness with this guy again. A IC title feud would be good with Jericho, as he could be making all types of snarky remarks about Katie and Pauls enamorment with each other, and dressing down Katie. Burchill gets major heated over this, and a heated feud begins. Burchill says that Jericho has berated the thing most important to him (his wonderfull sister) so Burchill wants to take whats most precious to Jericho (the IC title). This could work well, and I hope the WWE can see the potential of pitting this gimmick in aa feud with Jericho's promo skills.

This storyline is just another perfect example of Vince "The Moron" McMahon's twisted sense of "Entertainment". And this is a perfect example of why I want to see the WWE brought down sooooo badly. I have been a wrestling fan for quite some time. I go back to BEFORE Hogan, and while I'm not exactly a "greybeard", I've probably seen more legendary performers in action than the average fan of today. Let's put it this way, I saw Dory Funk SENIOR wrestle in person. For those of you who don't know, he passed away in 1972. OK, so while Vince and the gang have taken pro wrestling to new levels of monetary success, he has also poisened the water with CRAP like this incest storyline. Add to that the stupid "Katie Vick" crap a few years ago, the Undertaker "Rising" from the dead crap (PLEASE!), and now the Hornswoggle crap, and it's pretty damn obvious that Vince is full of CRAP! Yeah, I too have watched WWE all these years, and will continue to watch, because I've been a wrestling fan my whole life, and unfortunately, Vince has been the only game in town for quite awhile. But it really sickens me that McMahon thinks he needs this kind of stupidity to get ratings and "entertain" the fans. How many WWE fans really find this storyline interesting anyway? Does McMahon really think that viewers are saying "Boy, if it wasn't for that incest story, I wouldn't even watch RAW"! ? Or is it simply a case of Vince's ego run amok again? Remember, Vince originally wanted the incest angle to involve himself and Stephanie when she first became pregnant, and only her refusal to participate killed it. The man is a MORON! That's why ALL Wrestling fans should be welcoming TNA to the picture, as I am, because at least it offers an alternative to "McMahonism". :cuss2:

Yeah this idea is stupid, but there is no way you can call out the Undertaker gimmic. It is one of the greatest gimmics in wrestling of all time. Every show has some stupid gimmicks, WCW was no different, TNA is no different, yes this may be a little out there, but it will be mildly entertaining to see how far they take it. You may not like this, but please dont call the Undertaker stupid.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back