Katie Lea and Paul Burchill: Incest Storyline

I really really hate this angle and cringe whenever it's on TV, but hey, WWE is more of an athletic soap opera these days and most of the soaps over here have ran some sort of incest crap. Watching Heat today, I noticed that they're implying this storyline in Burchill's entrance vid, there's a point in the video where it looks like Paul and Katie Lea are about to kiss and then just as they are about to embrace, it switches to another graphic. I'm still hopeful this storyline gets canned.

I'm starting to think the idea has been dropped, or at least modified heavily. They haven't been on tv in what two weeks? That and in the segment in Regal's office a few weeks ago they were sounding like Paul was trying to push Katie off with another guy. Then you don't see them for two weeks? Either the angle has been dropped or things have been changed a lot and they're being slightly repackaged.

Yeah this idea is stupid, but there is no way you can call out the Undertaker gimmic. It is one of the greatest gimmics in wrestling of all time. Every show has some stupid gimmicks, WCW was no different, TNA is no different, yes this may be a little out there, but it will be mildly entertaining to see how far they take it. You may not like this, but please dont call the Undertaker stupid.

I wouldn't call the Undertaker stupid, just the gimmick of a few years back which supposedly had him "buried alive", and then return as a silent zombie. The Undertaker is without a doubt one of the all time greats, with a great entrance and great ring skills, but come on, the idea that he can shoot lightning from his finger tips? LOL! He could bring down thunderbolts but then get knocked out with a chair shot? PLEASE! Call me crazy but I prefer my sports entertainment at least somewhat BELIEVABLE! Even Callaway himself called the gimmick "Crap", and couldn't wait to be done with it. Also, I don't think wrestling should EVER cross the line to a "death in the ring" story, and the "buried alive" crap involving Taker and kane was unacceptable, in my opinion. This is not the Roman Coliseum, these are not Gladiators fighting to the death, and with the tragedies of Owen Hart and Chris Benoit very REAL, this type of story has no place in any wrestling show.

So it's been two weeks since we've seen Paul and Katie in any sort of angle. We saw Paul get owned last night by Orton and Cena, but other than that we have not seen much of them. The last time we saw them was that silly little segment with Regal. I'm starting to wonder if perhaps Vince is going to hold off on this until after Mania, or scrap it completley since Mania is just two weeks away and there is no time to build any sort of story. I guess we won't know if the angle is going to be scrapped until after Mania when more storyline oppertunities open up.

I think it would be both good and bad for number of reason. If it were to take place on Raw it would be good for them and there ratings ( besides Katie Lea is fucking hot) If this was to take place on ECW ( which sucks anyways, i mean come on bring back the old school stuff) there storyline would fail horrbily. I think this story line will work out great for Raw, if they have an another superstar to use it with like Burchill gets jeasouls of them and then the superstar ( whoever that my be ) dates Katie and she cheats on him or her with Paul and they have a baby out of it... tell me what you guys think of that

It reflects bad on us English. First we have a man from Blackpool who's accent appears to be that of a posh, slightly camp west londoner. Now we have incest going on between two people from west london where the storyline would suit that of someone from Norwich!

I am against this incest angle and think it is a bad choice of storyline, I dont like this decision by vince to put this on and I am not having any fun and tend to change channels when it is on. Sorry no offence though

Has anyone seen Burchills match with Val Venis yet? By the looks of things they seem to crossing the insest thing with Burchills original WWE gimi of a pshyco who likes to hurt people. They had Burchill working on Vals knee the whole match before ennding it with an awesome new submission move. (sorta like a modified Brock Lock but with Burchill pushing the legs instead of sitting down on the opponents back) Looked pretty sick.

I hope that means theyre gonna push Burchill more towards a submission style of wrestling...the WWEs hasnt really got any pure submission wrestlers at the moment except Flair, Taker and HBK who are all nearing the end of their careers now.

After Monady on Raw I think it's pretty obvious he'll be just a humble mid carder. In a match with 17 (?) wrestlers he was eliminated. Quickly. Considering he made his re-debut just a couple of weeks ago I don't hold out much hope for a great push. Coupled with the fact that Hacksaw Jim Duggan & Brian Kendrick weren't eliminated probably tells you how his push is going to be.

Burchill is a helluva talent. I'd say he'll make it no matter what, possible reappear a while after this horrendous storyline. Katie Lea will likely be ruined however. Which is a shame, she's a decent looking diva who isn't an american cheerleader, psycho heel or playboy cover girl. It's a shame how they use all the decent divas - I mean just look at Victoria, she's on Smackdown now, the show without a womens title!

Burchill can apparently even do a standing shooting star press, he's really got potential for a short IC title run. Must say I also prefer his new look, it was funny a few weeks ago when he received ''Paul the Pirate'' chants =D
I really have to start watching Heat again to get a glimpse of Paul Burchill. Speaking of Heat I wonder how DH Smith is coping, let's hope he's no longer jobbing to Trevor Murdoch.

They have to make Burchill talk about the subject of Piracy or Pirates or at least make him say ''Arr'' in some backstage segment, just to remind us all of old times:)

Burchill is a helluva talent. They have to make Burchill talk about the subject of Piracy or Pirates or at least make him say ''Arr'' in some backstage segment, just to remind us all of old times:)

I remember that too. I loved his look and wish they would have kept his gimmick like that. I think he is an excellent wrestler but I haven't seen him on RAW in the past few weeks wrestling at all. I did see him come out when Big Show did his thing with Mayweather but that was it. I hope they change the incest thing, it seems like a riduclous angle to use. Not very interesting to say the least. I think McMahon is maybe going through writers block or something. I really miss the attitude era.

I haven't really kept up too much on the angle, but I do believe that it is a highly disturbing angle. Granted, the Katie Vick was a horrible idea as well, this may be more disturbing as Katie Vick was in jest and this angle seems to be in a more serious tone. It's almost as if they want to say that that type of "love" is okay. Yes, it probably should not exist, but I was thinking about an old group that would speak out against this. The RTC, Right to Censor, would be an awesome way to speak out against Katie and Paul's "love" and put an end to it. I'm not saying that it will happen because it won't, but it would be a nice way to place the nail in the coffin in this "incest" angle. I wonder which writer or writers comes up with these sick and twisted storylines. I wonder if Vince does background checks on these individuals or why he gives the okay to them if WWE is supposedly now family and kid oriented, unless it's a different type of family and kids that the WWE is orienting themselves to.

I hate how English wrestlers all have to put on a heavily stereotyped accent,why is that???

Also why didn't WWE just stick with Burchill's first character in WWE (the " I like hurting people and now I get paid for it and I've got to say...I enjoy my work " one)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back