TNA signs Katie Lea; Débuts as Winter

I liked this debut. Katie Lea is a great addition to the Knockouts roster, and I'm digging her new name. It's short and snappy. The storyline should be pretty fun, too. The segment was kind of creepy in a good way. This is something we haven't seen for a while and if done correctly could make for some good television. I just hope it doesn't get screwed up somehow.

It's already screwed up. Call me Debbie Downer on this one, but this wasn't good. I like the name and the creepy nature of her character, but the scene was a BLATANT SHOT FOR SHOT RIPOFF of Hogan/Warrior from 1998. It didn't work then and it's not going to work now. You would think that 12 years later, we'd go farther away from unrealistic gimmicks, especially with the "real" nature TNA is trying to put forth as their backbone.

Now, before people jump on my back and compare the Undertaker stuff to this and say I'm all WWE, I hate that too. Wrestling has long since moved on from that sort of stuff. I just don't see how you can be "moving forward" by using stuff from the past. It's not right.

With all that said, I've always liked Katie Lea and her intrigue factor is great. She has a unique quality to her and that should serve her well. Just go less science fiction/Ultimate Warrior with her gimmick and you might have something.

I just thought it was.....robotic. The Katarina Waters (TNA can't call her Katie Lea because of WWE's holding copyright of the name) that I remember from watching her as Nikita and then as she came up in WWE had more fire to her. It almost seemed like she was "well, I guess I'm here, so I'll go through the motions."

The Winter name doesn't bother me as much, because it isn't quite as plain as Tara or Chelsea. It's just that I hope that they start to let her show a little more emotion, otherwise the character will grow as cold as her name implies.

Yea, the first thing I thought of when I saw the segment was Hogan/Warrior.... It was just kind of cheesy...

The name is okay... I just don't care for Love talking to ghosts segments and hope they don't have too many more to come...

Good debut for Katie, Im glad they didnt put her in the title picture right away. This storyline has potential and TNA better not screw up.

Good debut for Katie, Im glad they put her in the title picture right away. This storyline has potential and TNA better not screw up.

What title picture? Madison Rayne is the Knockouts Champion, not Angelina Love. Love was the champion a few weeks ago, but she lost the title at Bound For Glory to Tara in the four-corners Knockouts match. Tara then layed down and gave the belt to Rayne the following week on iMPACT!.

I really dug Winters debut last night. She was legitimately creepy. I like that they're immediately throwing her into a feud with Angelina, as Love is probably the biggest "barbie doll" on the roster. Winter is a much different character all together.

I also picked up on the comparisons to Mickey James debut in WWE, as well as (to a much lesser extent), the Warrior/Hogan promos in WCW from 1998. What's truly different here is that this character has a dark side about her... very predatory, almost serial killer-esque. Though her tone is still genuinely female, her vocal delivery reminds me of Salad Fingers in some aspects. You just know that the words aren't matching what the brain is thinking. Very well done and a credit to the performer playing the role.

I hope Winter makes an another appearance sooner rather than later and progressively takes her character deeper and darker in the weeks and months to come.

Good signing... Terrible debut.

I really hope they're not going with a fucking ghost gimmick with her. That scene with TBP was horrible and didn't give her much credibility. Are we supposed to be able to see her? Can she actually touch someone, how can she wrestle?

I hope they come up with an explanation because if she's really going with a ghost gimmick then it's destined to fail... epically.

Good signing... Terrible debut.

I really hope they're not going with a fucking ghost gimmick with her. That scene with TBP was horrible and didn't give her much credibility. Are we supposed to be able to see her? Can she actually touch someone, how can she wrestle?

I hope they come up with an explanation because if she's really going with a ghost gimmick then it's destined to fail... epically.

Totally agree. A ghost gimmick would be a terrible waste of a very talented wrestler. And "WINTER".....Jesus Christ was a terrible name for a beautiful woman.

I really hope TNA don't fuck up Katie's career, I have been a fan of hers since she was Nikita in the early days of her career. She doesnt need a stupid gimmick to get over, just let her get in the ring and do her thing.

Debut was pretty weak. Katie seemed like she was having trouble delivering her lines and it all fell apart when Velvet came in with her 'Who ya talking to, dude?"

Debut was pretty weak. Katie seemed like she was having trouble delivering her lines and it all fell apart when Velvet came in with her 'Who ya talking to, dude?"

Tonight was not her debut, she Debuted last week on Impact and I don't think its weak at all and I really like were her character is headed and it didn't fall apart when Velvet said "Who are you talking to" because that was supposed to make Angelina look crazy and it was effective and I thought she delivered her lines well.

She is fantastic at what she does. I already like watching the knockout's and this will only keep me more entertained. It's good to see that she is keeping her "paranormal" gimmick, and am really excited to see her and Angelina in the ring.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back