Kane should set something on fire

KKarvox

Pre-Show Stalwart
Is it me, or does anyone remember the last time Kane set something or someone on fire, or they even referenced his pyromaniac gimmick. It seems like they ar just pushing him as a monster heel, instead of actually using the gimmick he is best known for in the first place. I really think if they wanted to make the fued between hm and Khali really personal, he should have at least tried to set Ranjin Singh on fire. Does anyone else think it's odd that Kane hasn't used fire, or even made mention of it as part of his gimmick?

The Curse of WWE is the answer to your question and it's called: PG Rating

Good point, but they could at least make a point of it. It was part of his character, and without it, what is his character? He doesn't need to set anyone on fire literally, but maybe attempt to, or talk about fire even. They havn't even made reference to his fire fascination in years maybe.

It's character development I suppose, he's gone beyond the fire fascination, now he's just a fat bald guy who likes beating people up, which isnt unique really, they are all over the place in England.

Personally I think they could develop his character further by combining his current character with his old character Isaac Yankem. Just say Kane's become a dentist because he enjoys torturing people and he wants to get back to his roots, get it? roots.

It's good for the PG rating too because it'll encourage kids to brush their teeth otherwise they gotta go see Dr. Kane DDS. What? I didnt say it was a good idea.

It's character development I suppose, he's gone beyond the fire fascination, now he's just a fat bald guy who likes beating people up, which isnt unique really, they are all over the place in England.

Personally I think they could develop his character further by combining his current character with his old character Isaac Yankem. Just say Kane's become a dentist because he enjoys torturing people and he wants to get back to his roots, get it? roots.

It's good for the PG rating too because it'll encourage kids to brush their teeth otherwise they gotta go see Dr. Kane DDS. What? I didnt say it was a good idea.

That's an interesting idea, i wouldn't like it, but kids would. I'd personally like to just see him as his pyromaniac gimmick, because it set him apart from just being another big guy who beats people down. The last time they used it as part of his gimmick was in his fued with MVP, with the last inferno match.

Love the thread title.

I completely agree with you. Kane used to be interesting not that long ago. Now, he does nothing for me whatsoever. Maybe it's just The Great Khali, but I don't know. There is just something going on with Kane right now that has made him extremely uninteresting, ever since his move to Smackdown.

I'm not exactly sure if Kane is going to set someone on fire, but doing something interesting would do wonders for him. He is supposed to be the crazy, evil character. Instead, he's just another big, boring wrestler. I'd even settle for another mask in a bag storyline at this point.

Love the thread title.

I completely agree with you. Kane used to be interesting not that long ago. Now, he does nothing for me whatsoever. Maybe it's just The Great Khali, but I don't know. There is just something going on with Kane right now that has made him extremely uninteresting, ever since his move to Smackdown.

I'm not exactly sure if Kane is going to set someone on fire, but doing something interesting would do wonders for him. He is supposed to be the crazy, evil character. Instead, he's just another big, boring wrestler. I'd even settle for another mask in a bag storyline at this point.

I hate to say it, but maybe the mask in the bag is the way to go at this point. I've ben against him remasking for a while because it would be beyond inconsistant, but maybe they could work it as some sort of IDD (identity dissociative Disorder, commonly mis-called schizophrenia) and have him start believing he was burned or something, or have him come out masked and unmasked sometimes, but i think that would be way to much like Black Reign. I dunno, this fued with Khali is just killing him.

I agree that they need to do something with Kane's character to bring him out of what I see as a bit of slump. He's become just another meanie. A sadistic one, yes, but (to use a video game analogy) he's no longer an end-boss. He's just another bigger baddie. The fire obsession could be a good way to bring it back, perhaps a storyline involving an accident with his pyro brings it back for him. I thought they were actually going to bring back a bit of Kane's fire obsession when, during the MVP Lounge on ECW prior to Wrestlemania, Kane did the fire from the posts thing he hasn't done in a very long time. I was certain they were going to bring it back, and they still could.

I kind of liked the idea of bringing back his Isaac Yankem side, maybe a case of Multiple Personalities similar to what Foley had going on for a time in the WWF. Sometimes he's Kane (with mask) as a true unreasoning and extremely dominant monster, sometimes he's Isaac Yankem as a sadistic yet highly studious (and perhaps genial no matter how much pain he gives) dentist, and sometimes the base personality of Kane as we know him now. It might be worth a shot.

Kane + Fire = Awesome.

Yes, Kane should set something on fire, I mean he doesn't even use it in his entrance anymore does he? I can't remember the last time I saw him use or mention it. You have a great point, he really used to be well known for his love/facination of fire and he hasn't been linked to it in a long time.

I doubt we'll see anything soon though with the current era in WWE but who knows? It would be awesome to see him set Khali on fire, literally.

Is it me, or does anyone remember the last time Kane set something or someone on fire, or they even referenced his pyromaniac gimmick. It seems like they ar just pushing him as a monster heel, instead of actually using the gimmick he is best known for in the first place. I really think if they wanted to make the fued between hm and Khali really personal, he should have at least tried to set Ranjin Singh on fire. Does anyone else think it's odd that Kane hasn't used fire, or even made mention of it as part of his gimmick?

i agree with you

I remember reading a blog on Jim Ross' website about when he was set on fire by Kane. His wife went to a party at Michael Jackson's house and his brothers were huge wrestling fans. They were asking his wife if JR was alright since they saw him set on fire on Raw. Yeah, Kane needs to be a more bad ass heel and start kidnapping and setting things on fire. The last creepy angle he was involved in was when he was stalking Kelly Kelly, and WWE pretty much forgot about it. I don't think Kane could get away with it with the TV PG era.

Not that long ago kane was hooking up car batteries to shane mcmahons testicles. I know it's pg now, but damn, some of that needs to be added back to kane's persona. He's just a generic monster heel at the moment. Fire would be a great way to bring him back to being the sadistic madman from earlier in his career. I've always been a kane fan. Taking the mask off was a big blow to the character. It's never been the same since. When he was setting people on fire and the during the feud with shane, kane was awesome as a sick, depraved, monster. Kane should be setting people on fire, throwing them thru windows, whatever they can come up with to make him back into the maniac he used to be. Fire would be a good way to start.

The PG argument is so tired and flawed, please stop using it. The Undertaker does loads of metamorphises things, and people hit each other with weapons all the time, fire is not outlawed by PG guidelines. There's a fire in fucking Bambi. The reason they have got rid of that aspect is because the feds Kane has been in don't really require it, and it doesn't really add to his psychopathic character that much. The main reason is that he has been doing it for 12 years and if he was doing it, it would be as predictible and tired as the Undertaker's lights out antics.

Yes definatly bring back the fire thing and i really want to see another interesting storyline out of him the last one that i remember was the Kane,Lita And Matt hardy one Which was back in 2004

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back