Justin LaBar, what the hell is wrong with you???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rayne

Sally Section
I wanted to send this as a personal comment to Justin LaBar. After looking all over the main page (and understanding that the forums are not responsible for the content of the main page), I could not find a feedback e-mail link, but was still legitimately upset enough that I thought something had to be said, somewhere. I really hope he reads this, and if anyone does have a link for feedback, I will be more than happy to take this there.

What in the name of God Almighty possessed you to post a video showing Randy Savage's car plowed into a tree? Have you no decency? It doesn't matter that another website posted it first; you have a responsibility as a content publisher for the content that you publish on your website, and just because someone else is doing something doesn't make it right.

The video is not informative; the only reason for publishing it is to try to increase website hits and visit time. The man's body isn't even cold yet and you're profiting off of his death. You should be disgusted with yourself for this. Do the decent thing and remove that link from this website. If people want to see that video, they can find it on their own. There is no reason for you to enable that kind of black journalism.

I don't understand what the problem is. It's the first news video to report the accident and it wasn't reported indecently at all. All it showed was his wrecked Jeep. It's not like they showed footage of the accident taking place or Randy's body inside the wreckage. They show the scene of the crash for every vehicle accident reported on the news and it's always after the victim(s) have been taken away. And the video was informative as it explained some of the circumstances surrounding the accident as well as the condition of both Randy and his wife.

I don't see anything to be up-in-arms about.

I don't understand what the problem is. It's the first news video to report the accident and it wasn't reported indecently at all. All it showed was his wrecked Jeep. It's not like they showed footage of the accident taking place or Randy's body inside the wreckage. They show the scene of the crash for every vehicle accident reported on the news and it's always after the victim(s) have been taken away. And the video was informative as it explained some of the circumstances surrounding the accident as well as the condition of both Randy and his wife.

I don't see anything to be up-in-arms about.

agreed and rayne it was footage of the wrecked jeep not footage of the man himself don't be so hostile towards Justin Labar for reporting news

Nothing really horrible about it. Just doing his job as a reporter and showing the accident scene, Its not like he showed Randys dead body or anything. The pictures going to get out anyway so why cant Justin post it?

Dont see what the big deal is...

I think some of you are missing the point. I had the same reaction Rayne did but just to a smaller extent. I did not want to see that. I found it in poor taste and think most people actually do. Rayne isn't criticizing them for reporting the news. He is criticizing them for not being able to put decency above "the value" of what you report. Let us be real. They are not reporting the news as some altruistic pursuit. They put that up to get hits. Is it newsworthy? I guess but that alone does not excuse the issue at hand. News most certainly can be indecent and in this case we are both arguing that it was. Just because people have become desensitized to the tabloid bullshit does not make it proper news anyway. It is all about making a buck at the expense of the "victim" and I blame no one for feeling outrage at those leeching on to that practice, especially when this issue is as sensitive as this one.

See, now I'm confused.. When they show news reports from the war(s), people complain that they hold back from showing the full story. Which is the Media censoring it's self. Right? Probably not. Yet someone RE-posts an image of a car wreck (which by that point I had seen on 4 different channels and 6 web sites) and THAT'S offensive? If Labar hadn't done it, someone else would have. No it's not to "profit", but rather because it's his JOB. When you are paid to report the news, even Wrestling news, you can't be objective. You can't worry about people's "Feelings". You do the job and report. If you don't like it, you don't look. I don't like Fox news, so I don't watch it. If you didn't want to see that picture, don't click the link. I have issues with some of the things Labar says/does, but I see no thing wrong with this one at all.

It's like watching the news.. thats what this site is... the news... I'm sure you have watched you local station and they say a 16 year old was killed in a car accident today... the show the picture of the car all torn to pieces..... ITS THE SAME THING!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back