The Anti-TNA Idiocy Of Justin LaBar And Josh Isenberg

So, now we've seen the trailer and photos from Chyna's "backdoor to Chyna" video, does that mean the people who ragged on the two tools for posting about it "even though her agent said it's deffo not true" are going to give them any credit?

Thought not. If people put as much effort into enjoying wrestling as they do moaning about 2 fans trying to make money, things would be cooler. Hell, I'd love to have the chance to speak my shit about wrestling on a well known dirt-sheet

Holy Moly this thing has gotten out of hand. What I take away from this, and most TNA-related threads is that most TNA fans are pretty darn sensitive. It seems like any criticism leveled against TNA is immediately met with "well WWE is worse" or "well WWE did this way back when" as the counter to something TNA is currently doing. Now on the surface I guess it works in that it distracts and changes the subject. On the other hand, it also points out a flaw in that thinking. If TNA is doing certain things that DIDN'T work well for WWE, why IN THE WORLD would they do those things now?

On the other side of this, let me give full disclosure here. I happen to think that TNA is actually improving their product and rapidly. I've liked their direction, for the most part, since their change to "Wrestling Matters", save for the continuation of the sometimes silly and meaningless promos.

I like the Anderson/Sting storyline and how they've written it so far. I get that in a small way they are tapping into the dark humor of Anderson, but I'd like to see him go to a darker side altogether at this point and really present the 'black hat' to Sting's 'white hat.'

I like where they've gone with the X division issues save for Bischoff's in-ring involvement. I just don't think his whole karate schtick plays anymore and that, to me, was wasted energy trying to harken back, again, to WCW days. Aside from that, I like their putting more attention to this division.

I like Roode getting a push and hopefully he's in the main event, WHC title picture very soon. I've liked his work for some time now and I'm happy the folks with TNA are giving him an opportunity.

Glad to see ODB back and making an impact right away. Though I like Velvet Sky, I really hope she can improve her in-ring work very soon and bring her game to the next level. I like the Knockouts division more than I do the Diva's of the WWE and I think they have more talent physically than WWE. I'd like to see TNA utilize them better.

I've enjoyed the AJ/Ray storyline and hope they have a huge match at Slammiversary. Could be a show stealer. Great work from both men. Maybe the best work of Bubba's career.

I like the work of Crimson as he seems to be improving and his work is getting sharper as time goes by. Same with Gunner, whom I believe has lots of upside potential.

Love the work of Jarrett and Angle, as well as Karen Jarrett, even though I've never been a fan of the storyline itself.

Great work from EY as well. He's great comedic relief for TNA as well as a capable wrestler. I like this side of him, even though when he played a heel for a short time, he also did well with that. He's an all around guy which is why I believe he's still with TNA.

Overall, I like the direction they're heading in even though I still have issues, albeit small issues, with some of what they do from time to time.

No. You still aren't grasping the point about this.

Lebar and Isenberg are not critics because they want to change professional wrestling. They are critics because they want to make a buck. Stop reading- go back and read the italicized part again. I've said it about twenty times and you aren't grasping the idea. They are doing something to further their agenda. They've started their own internet show about professional wrestling which is featured on a major wrestling dirt sheet. Advertising is sold within and along the sides.

What you aren't getting is that you think they have some kind of agenda to change professional wrestling. Even if they did, forming an internet show and building a watched platform for your views is far more effective than sitting on a message board and saying "I don't like this." We are talking about Labar and Isenberg, which is goal number one for anything entertainment related. On the other hand, no one gives a shit about the opinions you post on this message board, and unless you express them very eloquently, no one is going to. After this thread, no one will remember your complaints.

They are doing something to further their agenda, as much as you might not understand that. They are moving in a positive direction with their goals. You bitching about them on a message board is the equivalent of spinning in circles and falling on your ass.

You wouldve had a point there if you actually knew them, and heard from them what their agenda is. All youre doing is basing your opinions off educated personal guesses and putting them in a text format like the rest of us.

Either one of us could be right. We'll never know unless they address it. And I think thats the part that youre not getting. Im replying based off my interpretation of what I see. Where as youre defending them like you know them personally.

And since youre defending them, why dont you come join me in this spinning circle :lmao:. It could be a whole lot of FUN!!!

But I have a feeling that youre gonna be stubborn and say "No Im right. I dont need to know them to see that I'm right! Blah blah blah"

Damn party poopers :(

When in doubt, use lots of smiley faces! It beats a well construed opinion any day of the week.
You wouldve had a point there if you actually knew them, and heard from them what their agenda is. All youre doing is basing your opinions off educated personal guesses and putting them in a text format like the rest of us.

Either one of us could be right. We'll never know unless they address it. And I think thats the part that youre not getting. Im replying based off my interpretation of what I see. Where as youre defending them like you know them personally.
I'm not defending them; I'm merely pointing out that they actually understand how the wrestling industry works, which is plainly obvious if you've ever read any article posted by Labar to the main page of the website. Each headline is misleading, intending to make the reader go "really?", click the link, and view more advertising. Each click and each second spent on the website increases the rate Wrestlezone gets for their advertising. Professional wrestling is about making money off of people who will pay attention to you, and they are following that formula precisely.

You're basing your opinion off of what you observe, but the problem with that is that your frame of reference is extremely narrow. You entered this thread not knowing what a "critic" actually did. You have these "pi in the sky" ideas that everyone who has a complaint is trying to change the world, and not make a buck. Lest we forget your silliness earlier this thread, you were actually trying to state that because a website said "news" somewhere in the description, that they owed you an examination of all kinds of organizations, and then actually tried to call that "false advertising".

So OK- maybe they are just criticizing wrestling, and just so happen to be doing everything that someone trying to make money from professional wrestling by hosting a webshow would do by coincidence. It's possible, just extremely, extremely unlikely.
All youre doing is basing your opinions off educated personal guesses and putting them in a text format like the rest of us.

Either one of us could be right.

But I have a feeling that youre gonna be stubborn and say "No Im right. I dont need to know them to see that I'm right! Blah blah blah"
The last appeal of anyone on a message board who has a discussion going poorly is "your opinion doesn't matter more than mine!" It's an argument that has no logical counter, because it dismisses all arguments made previously in favor of the silly idea that everyone is equal, no matter how foolish some of the arguments they've made are.

Example: Santa Claus is real, and you don't know any different for sure, so your opinion that he's fake is just as valid as mine that he's real!

The second to last appeal people make is the classic "you're going to keep posting!!1!" argument, another illogical lose/lose argument that has no basis in rationality, but allows the person who posts it to try and claim a personal moral victory. Either the other person stops posting, allowing the original poster to say "I got the last word!" to themselves, or they post again, allowing the original poster to say something like "you just have to get the last word!", ignoring the fact that the argument in question was designed to get them the last word.

I'm sorry I have to be the guy that tries to take the wool from your eyes, for both of us. You, because slowly but surely, you are figuring out that the world you thought existed isn't the one you live in at all; me, because I really should know better than to convince a diehard mark of how the professional wrestling con game works, God only knows how much money I've taken from people like you in the past.

So we can leave it to the poor schmucks still reading to decide for themselves. Maybe, just maybe, Labar and Isenberg have designed a webshow with all of the hooks necessary to attract attention, sold advertising for that show, and built a platform for it on one of the larger wrestling dirt sheets on the internet by dumb coincidence. I prefer the narrative that says they have an idea what they're up to.

And since youre defending them, why dont you come join me in this spinning circle :lmao:. It could be a whole lot of FUN!!!

Damn party poopers :(

Not to nitpick here, but I don't think he's defending them at all. He's merely pointing out why they do what they do. Money!!! It's all about the money. They have a show, meaning they need to bring attention to that show in order to be successful. The mere fact you keep talking about them means their plan to get your attention worked. See, WWE fans will listen to them if what you say is true. Conversely, TNA fans will ALSO watch and listen just so they can then come on here and bash these gentlemen for their opinions. It's a win/win for them and a lose/lose for you. I say lose/lose for you because (1) you obviously can't stand their views, meaning they hooked you, and (2) because you're providing hits on their 'site' if you will giving THEIR advertisers exactly what they paid for. Attention!!!

If you don't like their views, speak with your mouse. Stop watching/listening to their shows and encourage your friends to do the same.

When in doubt, use lots of smiley faces! It beats a well construed opinion any day of the week.

I'm not defending them; I'm merely pointing out that they actually understand how the wrestling industry works, which is plainly obvious if you've ever read any article posted by Labar to the main page of the website. Each headline is misleading, intending to make the reader go "really?", click the link, and view more advertising. Each click and each second spent on the website increases the rate Wrestlezone gets for their advertising. Professional wrestling is about making money off of people who will pay attention to you, and they are following that formula precisely.

You're basing your opinion off of what you observe, but the problem with that is that your frame of reference is extremely narrow. You entered this thread not knowing what a "critic" actually did. You have these "pi in the sky" ideas that everyone who has a complaint is trying to change the world, and not make a buck. Lest we forget your silliness earlier this thread, you were actually trying to state that because a website said "news" somewhere in the description, that they owed you an examination of all kinds of organizations, and then actually tried to call that "false advertising".

So OK- maybe they are just criticizing wrestling, and just so happen to be doing everything that someone trying to make money from professional wrestling by hosting a webshow would do by coincidence. It's possible, just extremely, extremely unlikely.

The last appeal of anyone on a message board who has a discussion going poorly is "your opinion doesn't matter more than mine!" It's an argument that has no logical counter, because it dismisses all arguments made previously in favor of the silly idea that everyone is equal, no matter how foolish some of the arguments they've made are.

Example: Santa Claus is real, and you don't know any different for sure, so your opinion that he's fake is just as valid as mine that he's real!

The second to last appeal people make is the classic "you're going to keep posting!!1!" argument, another illogical lose/lose argument that has no basis in rationality, but allows the person who posts it to try and claim a personal moral victory. Either the other person stops posting, allowing the original poster to say "I got the last word!" to themselves, or they post again, allowing the original poster to say something like "you just have to get the last word!", ignoring the fact that the argument in question was designed to get them the last word.

I'm sorry I have to be the guy that tries to take the wool from your eyes, for both of us. You, because slowly but surely, you are figuring out that the world you thought existed isn't the one you live in at all; me, because I really should know better than to convince a diehard mark of how the professional wrestling con game works, God only knows how much money I've taken from people like you in the past.

So we can leave it to the poor schmucks still reading to decide for themselves. Maybe, just maybe, Labar and Isenberg have designed a webshow with all of the hooks necessary to attract attention, sold advertising for that show, and built a platform for it on one of the larger wrestling dirt sheets on the internet by dumb coincidence. I prefer the narrative that says they have an idea what they're up to.

Youre egotistical remarks amuse me. They remind me a lot of myself. And btw since when do 2 smileys equate to a lot? I mean one of them :lmao: was a clear jab at your little spinning in circles line. I thought a smart person like yourself would caught onto that. But apparently you "fell on your ass" and that went over your head.

You just cant seem to respect the fact that were gonna have two different views on this. Im the glass thats half full, and youre the one thats half empty. But the stubborness in your remarks state that you want to empty out the glass. Where as I respect the knowledge of your beliefs ( I share some of those beliefs, believe it or not ) of the worlds system to a degree, therefore choosing to keep said glass the way it is. Youre not gonna win anything with this debate. There is no trophy that youre gonna put above your fireplace. Youre not going to take any money no matter what your so called track record says. Hell depending on your level of egotism ( your net ego is sky high sometimes), you might not even get a moral victory.

So why dont you get over yourself and meet me half way here. We agree to disagree.

Btw, youve have yet to tell me anything that I dont already know. We just have our two different sets of beliefs. And we both been right to a degree. Youre making a mistake in underestimating my intelligence. Assumption is the mother of all fuckups.

Not to nitpick here, but I don't think he's defending them at all. He's merely pointing out why they do what they do. Money!!! It's all about the money. They have a show, meaning they need to bring attention to that show in order to be successful. The mere fact you keep talking about them means their plan to get your attention worked. See, WWE fans will listen to them if what you say is true. Conversely, TNA fans will ALSO watch and listen just so they can then come on here and bash these gentlemen for their opinions. It's a win/win for them and a lose/lose for you. I say lose/lose for you because (1) you obviously can't stand their views, meaning they hooked you, and (2) because you're providing hits on their 'site' if you will giving THEIR advertisers exactly what they paid for. Attention!!!

If you don't like their views, speak with your mouse. Stop watching/listening to their shows and encourage your friends to do the same.

I only stated that i didnt like their views on TNA. I actually like watching their show cause Im also a fan of the WWE. Theyre both entertaining when they talk about WWE. I just wish theyd broaden their views. And even though it's gonna fall upon deaf ears, I still have the right to express my opinion on what I think is wrong. I mean this is a forum, we all have every right to rant.

I only stated that i didnt like their views on TNA. I actually like watching their show cause Im also a fan of the WWE. Theyre both entertaining when they talk about WWE. I just wish theyd broaden their views. And even though it's gonna fall upon deaf ears, I still have the right to express my opinion on what I think is wrong. I mean this is a forum, we all have every right to rant.

Agreed. But I don't see anyone saying you don't have the right to your views here. And I get what you're saying about their lack of objectivity as you see it. But they aren't reporters or journalists. They're a couple of guys with a webisode. Nothing more than that. Therefore, they aren't required to be objective or fair to one company or another. My guess is if they bashed WWE all the time they'd have a huge following on this site joining on the bashing. Everyone loves to hate a winner so to speak. Anyway, I see nothing wrong with how they portray what they do. People have the right to not watch or to express their views as you have done here.

Bottom line is I wouldn't give it much thought were I in your shoes. In the end, their views aren't going to change anything.

I am not going to get into all the issues in this thread but I do think it is pretty clear that they represent themselves as reporting news at least as far as this site is concerned. "Latest News" and "News stories" headings make that pretty obvious IMO. They have a separate heading for editorials and will occasionally write rumor in something. They seem to clearly differentiate so I do not know how anyone can claim they are not attempting to be taken as serious journalists with much of the "news" reported. Are they doing that? Hell no and it is pretty obvious to anyone beyond the casual readers. That doesn't change the fact that they are intentionally misleading the casual followers in an attempt to make money through faux credibility.

When it comes to their show or madden columns or anything like that just 100% ignore it. Any reaction actually gives them what they want. Don't click, don't read, don't watch, don't complain. Even pointing out all the obvious issues just ends up driving more casual followers to the piece in question which is carefully crafted to make such people even more idiotic.

I am not going to get into all the issues in this thread but I do think it is pretty clear that they represent themselves as reporting news at least as far as this site is concerned. "Latest News" and "News stories" headings make that pretty obvious IMO. They have a separate heading for editorials and will occasionally write rumor in something. They seem to clearly differentiate so I do not know how anyone can claim they are not attempting to be taken as serious journalists with much of the "news" reported. Are they doing that? Hell no and it is pretty obvious to anyone beyond the casual readers. That doesn't change the fact that they are intentionally misleading the casual followers in an attempt to make money through faux credibility.

When it comes to their show or madden columns or anything like that just 100% ignore it. Any reaction actually gives them what they want. Don't click, don't read, don't watch, don't complain. Even pointing out all the obvious issues just ends up driving more casual followers to the piece in question which is carefully crafted to make such people even more idiotic.

If memory serves wasn't Russo or Bischoff one of those who once said that "controversy creates cash?" Well guess what? These guys have tapped into a niche that they know works for them. Now I once had an internet based golf show. Was I a reporter? Nope! Not by any means. Was I a journalist? Far from it. Did I talk about recent events in golf? Of course. Otherwise, why have the show? Having the show doesn't make one a journalist or reporter. It makes them a person with a show. Nothing more than that. So they share recent events in wrestling. So what? So they share opinions and rumors. So what? Their job is to get hits for their advertisers. And judging by what I've read here, mission accomplished.

Now as for Madden. I happen to enjoy reading his articles. I know nothing of the man other than I know he's worked in the business before and currently doesn't. That means he is FAR more qualified than I am to offer opinions on what he sees. It also means he's far more qualified than most of his detractors to speak on these matters. Now, what he says may tick people off (especially TNA fans when he takes them to task), but guess what? Mission accomplished because people read his editorials.

In the end, it is my belief that TNA fans tend to be far more sensitive than WWE fans. And maybe that is because it's David v. Goliath. I don't know and I don't pretend to know. But it is certainly the perception I get when I read a lot of the threads here.

(Wall of text)

So why dont you get over yourself and meet me half way here. We agree to disagree.
Alright, I guess. I will never convince you that Santa Claus isn't real. On that, we will have to agree.

As far as meeting you halfway, I know on a very personal basis that you are wrong. I will compromise my opinion when someone can demonstrate to me that I am mistaken (which has happened on a few occasions on these boards), but when someone's argument consists of dictionary attacks and saying "we both have opinions which means they are both equal, no matter the reasoning used", I'd have to be a damned fool to "meet you halfway". This isn't some bargaining session, where we both try to reach a conclusion that makes us equally happy. I might respect your opinion a little bit more if you could provide reasoning better then "well how do YOU know they're doing it for the money?"

I also recently received a PM from someone who does know them personally, which essentially said "you are completely right, and thanks for posting what you said". I will be more than happy to send it to you with the author's permission.

So, again, if you believe in the absolutely crazy coincidence that two guys formed their own wrestling webcast, blindly putting in exactly the kind of hooks that get viewer attention, stumbled onto advertising by accident, and then got picked up by a major wrestling dirt sheet by pure serendipity, sure, you could be right. I'll always prefer the narrative that makes sense. Unless you have some well of intelligence and logic that you've kept completely hidden from this thread, I'm quite sure I'm not underestimating you.

Talk about my ego all you'd like, I know it's a big one and it's been earned. I'll respect a coherent opinion with logic that can be easily followed a lot more.

Pretending that you're doing something which you aren't is pretty much the foundation of professional wrestling. It's sort of how the whole industry works; a company presents a series of matches in which people pretend to fight. They say "wrestling", but I have yet to see anyone win a decision based on points, a match divided into three periods, or the referee stopping the fight when they leave the ring and returning the 'wrestlers' to the position they were in previously.

So yes, they pretend to be "news", and people buy into it. As I've said earlier, kayfaybe doesn't stop when you turn off your TV. It keeps going right onto the internet. If you want serious wrestling news, your best bet is to get a job in the industry and catch it through the grapevine.

Intentionally misleading the casual followers in an attempt to make money through faux credibility is exactly what professional wrestling is all about; it's just that you've only realized some of what's fake, not all of it.

That is an interesting take on the situation but I disagree that the two are exactly comparable. Wrestling no longer markets itself as real. They clearly frequently market the stories they are reporting as real. I have no problem with them doing what they do. They are hardly the first to use such methods in any setting. However, that does not make it excusable. You admit they are intentionally misleading people, which is usually frowned upon. On their show I understand it, it is entertainment just like wrestling. That is why I just do not watch. Under a news heading without quotation marks on their site I think that is a slippery slope. If they chose to make money this way there is nothing wrong with that. There is also nothing wrong with pointing out the less scrupulous practices they are involved in.

That is an interesting take on the situation but I disagree that the two are exactly comparable. Wrestling no longer markets itself as real. They clearly frequently market the stories they are reporting as real. I have no problem with them doing what they do. They are hardly the first to use such methods in any setting. However, that does not make it excusable. You admit they are intentionally misleading people, which is usually frowned upon. On their show I understand it, it is entertainment just like wrestling. That is why I just do not watch. Under a news heading without quotation marks on their site I think that is a slippery slope. If they chose to make money this way there is nothing wrong with that. There is also nothing wrong with pointing out the less scrupulous practices they are involved in.
A lot of people were pretty pissed off when they realized professional wrestling was fake in the 50's and 60's too. Professional wrestling doesn't market itself as real, because everyone knows that there's a cat in that particular bag. There's lots of other real estate around professional wrestling, however; plenty of room to still be selling cats in bags.

Isn't this thread essentially about the cat coming out of the bag relating to this sham and then people reacting angrily to it? What is wrong with that? Just like what happened with wrestling, when the cat is out people have every reason to express displeasure at being deceived.

Holy shit, people are still posting on this thread, even I didn't think something I said was going to get this much attention. Just the same both my proponents and opponents on this thread (the ones that actually challenged my points and just didn't troll me as a TNA brand loyalist). I appreciate all you've said.

I know I started this thread with a very adversarial tone and I can't change what I said nor will I want to anyway, even with how some people feel about LaBar and Isenberg, it was never their behind the scenes critiques on professional wrestling that was ever a point of issue with me, however even I admit I could have said what I said in a lot more eloquent and tactful manner. The days that have passed have given me more time to think about where I have erred on my own part.

I stand strongly by the fact that if there's something go on with Impact Wrestling being less than cordial about their business dealings and not accommodating their fans that's important to know. I still stand by that, but just the same I know I could have taken a higher road with my gripe. There's no doubt about that, and obviously I can't take back the things I've said or even pretend like I never said that stuff, basically put if I forget my own history I'll be doomed to repeat it. I just want to chalk this up to a learning experience one that will probably take a long time for me to grasp because I will admit I am a very stubborn and aggressive individual on my viewpoints. Saying that is not for the purpose of damage control it's just being honest with myself.

Again, I am very appreciative of the feedback both good and bad about the thread I have started. It's usually with my intention to create threads with a less hostile and better subject matter. But hell nobody's perfect, we all screw up in that category at one point or another.

Isn't this thread essentially about the cat coming out of the bag relating to this sham and then people reacting angrily to it? What is wrong with that? Just like what happened with wrestling, when the cat is out people have every reason to express displeasure at being deceived.
People can be upset, sure. But what's the point? It's an industry based on smoke and mirrors; professional wrestling started at the carnival, and it hasn't gone very far since. What gets me is that so many people around here think they're in on the con, and they're really just being sold a different fake bag of goods.

There's an old saying in professional wrestling- believe half of what you see, and none of what you hear. It's a bit foolish to me that some people think that people would stop trying to sell them just because their television turned off.

Alright, I guess. I will never convince you that Santa Claus isn't real. On that, we will have to agree.

As far as meeting you halfway, I know on a very personal basis that you are wrong. I will compromise my opinion when someone can demonstrate to me that I am mistaken (which has happened on a few occasions on these boards), but when someone's argument consists of dictionary attacks and saying "we both have opinions which means they are both equal, no matter the reasoning used", I'd have to be a damned fool to "meet you halfway". This isn't some bargaining session, where we both try to reach a conclusion that makes us equally happy. I might respect your opinion a little bit more if you could provide reasoning better then "well how do YOU know they're doing it for the money?"

I also recently received a PM from someone who does know them personally, which essentially said "you are completely right, and thanks for posting what you said". I will be more than happy to send it to you with the author's permission.

So, again, if you believe in the absolutely crazy coincidence that two guys formed their own wrestling webcast, blindly putting in exactly the kind of hooks that get viewer attention, stumbled onto advertising by accident, and then got picked up by a major wrestling dirt sheet by pure serendipity, sure, you could be right. I'll always prefer the narrative that makes sense. Unless you have some well of intelligence and logic that you've kept completely hidden from this thread, I'm quite sure I'm not underestimating you.

Talk about my ego all you'd like, I know it's a big one and it's been earned. I'll respect a coherent opinion with logic that can be easily followed a lot more.

Lmfao @ all of that... Wow you are a stubborn one arent ya. Well ok Fieto, you stay in that miniscule world of yours where everything is like clockwork and nothing happens out the ordinary. You have fun in that little Mercury sized world of yours, that your self inflated ego orbits around.

Btw... you might as well not even reply with your one main point and 5 paragraphs of filler. I say that cause, Ive basically called for a truce on this 3 times now. Stating that we need to accept that we have 2 different trains of thought. Hell I even had the nerve to give your unappreciative ass a few compliments along the way. But noooooo Mr. Macho Internet Man cant accept that, hes has to push his little internet point onto another internet chatter, until said internet chatter just says "fuck it ok youre right" just so he can he can feed youre little internet ego enough to shut you up.

Not gonna happen here buddy. Enjoy your life in that little ego driven internet world of yours.

In case you havent got it yet. Im not replying to you. Enjoy youre self inflated moral victory. Caress it, cuddle it, and give it "special" attention if you have to. I hope you two live happily ever after :lol:.

Oh no is that too many smilies?!

Lmfao @ all of that... Wow you are a stubborn one arent ya. Well ok Fieto, you stay in that miniscule world of yours where everything is like clockwork and nothing happens out the ordinary. You have fun in that little Mercury sized world of yours, that your self inflated ego orbits around.

Btw... you might as well not even reply with your one main point and 5 paragraphs of filler. I say that cause, Ive basically called for a truce on this 3 times now. Stating that we need to accept that we have 2 different trains of thought. Hell I even had the nerve to give your unappreciative ass a few compliments along the way. But noooooo Mr. Macho Internet Man cant accept that, hes has to push his little internet point onto another internet chatter, until said internet chatter just says "fuck it ok youre right" just so he can he can feed youre little internet ego enough to shut you up.

Not gonna happen here buddy. Enjoy your life in that little ego driven internet world of yours.

In case you havent got it yet. Im not replying to you. Enjoy youre self inflated moral victory. Caress it, cuddle it, and give it "special" attention if you have to. I hope you two live happily ever after :lol:.

Oh no is that too many smilies?!
And as I've said. If you had an argument which consisted of more than "you have a big ego" and "how do YOU know", I might respect your opinion more. I don't care if you're "calling for a truce", because I don't post on this board to make friends; I post here to kill time. We aren't having a negotiation here. I don't care if you give me compliments; there are plenty of people who give me glowing compliments in my rep who I open up full bore on regularly. What I care about is opinions that make sense. There are plenty of people on these boards who I disagree with quite frequently- IDR is one of my favorite posters here, and we agree on a smidge more than nothing. But he expresses his opinion well with logic that can't be denied, a skill you would be well served to learn.

Before you go off on my ego yet again, however- which I am already well aware of its size- you've had several opportunities yourself to back away from the discussion. Mr. Pot seems to be trying to tell Mr. Kettle how black he is.

If you could give me a well reasoned opinion, with logic that could be followed by anyone who chooses to read it, I would respect that we have two different minds on the topic. I don't think I'm asking for much. What I've received from you instead are dictionary attacks, comments on my ego, parlays saying that we both have opinions, therefore they must be equal, and now the "you won't be the first to leave the discussion!" tactic; in fact, everything but how it makes sense that the guys at CSR have built a web show complete with advertising and hooks on a major website platform completely by coincidence. I have no reason to respect your opinion, because it has no basis in logic. Your argument has descended into "nuh-uh!" territory. You may believe that Santa Claus is real, but that doesn't mean I have to respect that opinion.

Give me a reason to respect you. Don't sit there and say "respect me because we both have opinions". Spare me the hippie feel-good crap about equality, I live in a merit based universe.

You know what I was thinking?

WRESTLEZONE NEEDS A COMMENT SECTION BENEATH THE HEADLINES.

I would click on so many more headlines if I could see the fans/wrestlers responding to said headlines underneath.

AintitCoolnews.com, for example, is one of the biggest sites out there. Beneath every piece of industry news is the enormous comment section. Fans post there obviously, but so do insiders and those who wish to respond to a piece of news.

You can make it "flat", meaning the visitor has to click "view" on the comment section before seeing it. That way, casual visitors aren't distracted by the angry wrestling nerds on every headline.

I think it would be a huge step forward for WZ. You know guys like Warrior wouldn't be able to keep themselves from responding to headlines like "Hogan asks fans to pray for Hogan" if he saw enough people commenting on it.

As they are now, most headlines are boring and irrelevant. COMMENT SECTION all the way. And keep the mod-nazis from being too ridiculous. Freedom of speech and all that, but no threats or rampant vulgarity.

Just a thought. This thread, for instance, would fit perfectly under the "TNA fan angry..." headline.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back