Justin LaBar is what is hurting wrestling

Well it is one of my goals in life to have posting access on the main page so I'd be up for it.

As for what Killam said, it takes a lot to do this every single day. I've yet to see anyone I can't see in a mirror that doesn't have issues with it eventually.

What started as a legitimate source, turned into 4 or 5 legitimate sources, turned into a giant clusterfuck that ended up interfering in my personal and private life. I can't go into a lot of it, as I promised a friend I wouldn't, but what I can say is there's some fucked up, bitter immature people in TNA that will go to great lengths to make my day miserable right now. That post ended up costing me a job at a real news network, and losing me the editing gig with Russo.

Well I sure as hell would love to hear more on this. Cant you just put it in spoilers? I checked with Baron von Googleschmidt at the Interwebz head office & he says its ok as long as you use spoilers.

Has anyone seen this bit of brilliance
Why Lesnar is a great champ by the one and only Justin Labar
http://triblive.com/sports/prowrestling/6594519-74/wwe-lesnar-fight#axzz3AkrhCEBd

which comes off the back of...Why Brock wont be champ after Summerslam by Chair Shot reality*
http://www.wrestlezone.com/news/502...rslam-wwe-champion-reigns-future-jerichowyatt

And just as an added bonus Justin Labar shows his brilliant knowledge of the business with...
Why Ziggler wont win the Intercontinental Championship*

*Havent actually watched either video, the titles do however paint a brilliant piece of idiocy.

How about the gem Labore posted today about the "fans who just don't get it". I get it LaBar. You're a smarmy, know it all, prick. Maybe someday I can be a smarmy, know it all prick just like Justin LaBar. Sadly though I will always have a full head of hair.

Edit: He posted it yesterday. Unlike LaBar, I admit to my mistakes.

How about the gem Labore posted today about the "fans who just don't get it". I get it LaBar. You're a smarmy, know it all, prick. Maybe someday I can be a smarmy, know it all prick just like Justin LaBar. Sadly though I will always have a full head of hair.

Edit: He posted it yesterday. Unlike LaBar, I admit to my mistakes.

Why are you reading his articles?

ANYWAYS, how you guys been? Paglino was wondering if I'd be interested in heading up a Forums piece on the main page every week, instead of Stars in Progress. OR possibly handing over the reigns to KB to head up a Forums piece. Open to pretty much any ideas. Thoughts?

Just keep doing Stars in Progress (it's established) and bring back the guy who did Smartbreak Hotel. The last thing the main page needs is more condescension.

What can I say? I'm a glutton for punishment.

Sorry, forgot we were wrestling fans for a sec. Carry on.

:thumbsup:

It's true...

Well, one of us does.

You would think that...

You guys want to hear a fun story? You remember the TNA-Spike TV exclusive I did a few weeks ago? The one that got picked up by TMZ and verified by Meltzer, Alverez, Johnson and every other wrestling guy on the net? That pretty much took it out of me, as far as being a mark on the dirt sheets, trying to "make a name" for myself. What started as a legitimate source, turned into 4 or 5 legitimate sources, turned into a giant clusterfuck that ended up interfering in my personal and private life. I can't go into a lot of it, as I promised a friend I wouldn't, but what I can say is there's some fucked up, bitter immature people in TNA that will go to great lengths to make my day miserable right now. That post ended up costing me a job at a real news network, and losing me the editing gig with Russo.

As far as shitty editorials I've done, sometimes they're good, sometimes they're meh. I try and do a decent job, but some weeks I have very little motivation. Some weeks the shows suck and I've still got to get a column up, because it's a part of the job. Sorry if any of you read one and thought it was shit. For what it's worth, I'm really trying to just keep my head down, and grow up as a person. I like the gig with WZ, and I'm getting a solid paycheck now after 4+ years, but I think I've passed the point in my life where I'm OK being a 24-year-old mark who has "friends" in the wrestling business. You make a lot of "friends" when you've got a big platform to promote them. Very few of them actually give a shit about you.

ANYWAYS, how you guys been? Paglino was wondering if I'd be interested in heading up a Forums piece on the main page every week, instead of Stars in Progress. OR possibly handing over the reigns to KB to head up a Forums piece. Open to pretty much any ideas. Thoughts?

Pagino? Same guy that admined himself to plug a podcast for 2 weeks? He's less consistent than a WWE push.

KBs editorials have been tremendous lately so putting those up would be a win.

It's all good, but remember a battle requires at least two participants. They don't care about our critiques. They're cashing checks in part because we keep reading their shit just to discuss how shitty it is.

I'm pretty sure LaBar adopted his antagonistic media persona for this very reason. Before he started acting like a twat, printing obnoxious t-shirts, and talking down to his audience, he was just the balding co-host of a low budget internet wrestling show, likely known more for the weird pedosmile he gave in the intro than anything he ever wrote or said.

Killam, to his credit, took his lumps from the board for as long as I've been here, but it seems he's gotten wise and is likely a happier man by ignoring us. Haven't read much of his stuff. He's young so at least there's room for growth.

I read one of the first "Title This" articles from Isenberg (back when "Title This" was supposed to be a placeholder for a good title) and was exhausted. I felt like a middle school English teacher grading an essay from one of his worst students as I pieced together his sentence fragments and deciphered poor spelling.

I remember back when Cash feuded with Anthony DeBlasi, and was impressed by the way he handled himself when verbally sparring with Don Tony. I occasionally read his articles, and he was a good writer. Despite coming across like a smug wiener sometimes, he's alright with me.

Are we even sure Paglino is a real person? That fucking picture of his is so stock. I'm sure he's a nice enough guy, though, and he's also a good writer.

There's nothing I can say about Madden that hasn't been said. He makes me laugh enough and makes enough good points that I used to look forward to his rants. I've missed a few, but I plan to start back up as I ease back into watching WWE.

I don't even know what point I was trying to make if I had one at all. I dig these forums, and I'm pretty sure we've got some better writers here than they do on the main page. That said, those guys put in the work, made the connections, and have the jobs they have. Props to them, but there are so many better wrestling writers and journalists out there that the main page should be the last place anybody goes for news or opinions.

i am 100% sure Paglino is the guy from the tv show Yes, Dear..:suspic:

Can't be bothered to read through 11 pages...

I can't see how Justin LaBar is hurting wrestling. I for one, enjoy CSR. The guy is trying to make a living, just like the rest of us. I actually enjoy Wrestlezone. Paglino, Killam, LaBar, Isenberg, Pritchard is doing a great job in my book.

But hey, who am I to speak up? I'm just a fan, with zero inside knowledge of the business.

I can't see how Justin LaBar is hurting wrestling. I for one, enjoy CSR. The guy is trying to make a living, just like the rest of us. I actually enjoy Wrestlezone. Paglino, Killam, LaBar, Isenberg, Pritchard is doing a great job in my book.

But hey, who am I to speak up? I'm just a fan, with zero inside knowledge of the business.

The man believes what he God's voice for wrestling affairs. He refuses to accept any fans ideas and will even mock/insult his audience and wrestling fans in general. As others have pointed out, he is on his high horse because he claims to be part of the business because he worked at some shitty indiie promotion called IWC.

For example, when talking about why the whole content library shouldnt be up on the network yet he basically said the hardcorish section of the IWC have no life would fly through the content and have absolutely no need for the network. Even though the network is hyped as this great piece of technology that will let you watch any moment in wrestling history.

Pagino? Same guy that admined himself to plug a podcast for 2 weeks? He's less consistent than a WWE push.

KBs editorials have been tremendous lately so putting those up would be a win.

To be fair, that guy is way too busy to keep up with anything on the forums. Don't know anything about the podcast deal, but I'm not shocked.

Killjoy, I'm glad you're alive. I'm pretty happy to take any ideas on a potential forum piece.

You could have at least read the first page so your post didn't come off as idiotic.

Obviously you don't understand the context of the thread.

Anyone read his latest column? It's worth the read just for the laughs. "Hogan is Delusional". Why? Because the moron took Hogan's comments directed at Lesnar as literally as possible.

Hogan is now telling anyone who will listen that if Lesnar gets in his way, there is going to be trouble. He’s also telling anyone listening that he can do one more match.

The comedy in this is tremendous. Hogan will never shy away from a potential payday. Let’s hope that’s what he’s trying for and not a true fight.

If Hogan thought challenging The Pope could possibly be booked for a pay-per-view main event, you better believe he would be cutting promos in Italy.

Hogan’s rants are either a shoot and he’s delusional, or are a work and he’s delusional.

It's Hulk Motherfucking Hogan, you twatwaffle. He knows for a solid fact that no matter what he does or says, people pop for him. Period. You're delusional enough to think Hulk is serious about beating Lesnar?

I have noticed a huge increase in LaBar material on this site. I've also noticed far less LaBar stuff on Bleacher Report. The fact that we are all here talking shit about him only strokes his ego. I have no doubt he checks these forums just to see if people are talking about him. Yet here we are.

I have noticed a huge increase in LaBar material on this site. I've also noticed far less LaBar stuff on Bleacher Report. The fact that we are all here talking shit about him only strokes his ego. I have no doubt he checks these forums just to see if people are talking about him. Yet here we are.

What boggles my mind is that folks keep clicking on his articles.

"I can't stand this guy! Lemme go ahead and put some money in his pocket. That'll show him!"

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back