• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Judgment Day: John Cena vs. JBL

A.J.

SmackDown! is MY Show

Singles Match
John Cena vs. JBL

JBL has never been shy about carrying a grudge. The media maven continues his vengeful ways, claiming he was robbed by John Cena last month during their Fatal Four Way Elimination Match at Backlash. As a result of the perceived larceny, JBL goaded Raw General Manager William Regal into arranging a match between him and Cena at Judgment Day.

The clash of these two intense adversaries is certain to provide enough spark to rekindle the legendary rivalry that dates back to their WWE Title Match at WrestleMania 21. Cena defeated then-champion JBL in that memorable bout to capture his very first taste of WWE Championship gold, and their rivalry continued for three months until “The Champ” was drafted to Raw in June 2005.

While Cena has maintained a low-profile in the wake of Backlash, JBL has been laying his relentless brand of hurt on opponents such as Robbie McAllister and DH Smith, sending a message to his opponent. It’s a message for which Cena is certain to have a response. Come Judgment Day, whose message will resonate loudest?

Humm should I be surprised this match has finally been made? Nah. Now in a regular match I just dunno. These two had an ok I quit Match at Judgment Day a few years ago, but a regualr match does not suit JBL against Cena. Though I expect these two to get rough and prolly end in a DQ to set something up for One Night Stand. Though with no Cena on TV right now, I beg to question what kind of build are we getting for this match? Just JBL and that dont cut it for me as they need Cena to make an appearance, but I rather just wait till One Night Stand where I expect these two to have a good gimmick match.

Sadly I can more or less see this match ending in a Disqualification the more and more people say it. J.B.L., with each passing week, his attitude and anger just grows and grows and will lead to them getting counted out, or hitting multiple officials trying to tear each other apart, until the match is just thrown out.

I still don't know about it continuing to the One Night Stand - Gimmick Pay Per View though. I mean, I look at this two ways.

1. J.B.L. is already unofficially confirmed that if he wins, he wants a Championship match. And more or less he's likely the next underrated heel to go up against Triple H., threaten to take the Championship, then lose in the end.

One Night Stand fits perfectly, to center around J.B.L. earning a Championship match, then turning it into a Bullrope match, which is how he won the Championship in the very beginning. So with that said, J.B.L. would have to win as cleanly as possible over John Cena (which cleanly won't happen) and the feud MUST end at Judgment Day.

2. Now, the more I hear people talk about this feud continuing into a gimmick, First Blood, Last Man Standing, I Quit, Hardcore setting for One Night Stand.. the more I think J.B.L. will still win in the end.. and it could set up J.B.L. v. Triple H. for possibly Night of Champions, or Great American Bash. (which just happens to be the Pay Per View, he won the Championship originally from)

Furthermore, the match could happen at G.A.B. and still be a Bullrope match, continuing with Regal handing J.B.L. this favor.. and continuing to build toward a Regal v. Triple H., Summerslam showdown??

Either way, it doesn't happen often, but John Cena's losing streak for W.W.E. Pay Per View's this year will likely continue for the next month or two, as J.B.L. is clearly the guy coming out ahead in this feud. And its about time Cena was used to put people over, even though J.B.L. doesn't exactly deserve to be put over again.

This match will be terrible. Why WWE would want to promote a straight match between the two is beyone me. It's not like it worked at WrestleMania 21. That match was terrible, and I feel a large part of the reason why Cena is loathed by half the fans.

Both are poor. Cena can perform with certain opponents. Of which JBL is not one. Since he's come back from his injury he's been absolutley awful. Just terrible. He shouldn't have returned. And considering he's not won the WWE title back it was a waste of time. If WWE aren't careful Cena will be getting the same response he was getting in 2005.

I love this match and my reasoning is unconventional. I have stated repeatedly that these two might be my least favorite wrestlers. Cena, I'm sorry if it wasn't for your mic skills would be on Smackdown as a heel facing Matt Hardy for the US title or the ECW champion. As for JBL I dont get it, I still dont understand how he moved up from an acolyte into JBL the millionaire. I give the WWE props for so drastically overhauling a character and making it effective, but the guy can't do anything but punch, kick and clotheline. So why do I love this match:

JOHN CENA IS NOT IN THE MAIN EVENT OF A PPV HE IS ON FOR THE FIRST TIME IN A YEAR AND A HALF

as a fan all I have to say is its about time

its good that cena isnt in the main event or appearing on raw...and personally i think JBL is doing a good job of promoting this match on his own...he should go over cena as he will provide a new person for main events and will bide time until regal gets himself into the main event and hopefully following that we will have keneddy up there in main event territory...
good to see cena taken away from the title picture...personally im a huge cena fan but even i was a bit sick of seeing him there all the time...given a few months away from the title picture and a few good undercard feuds he could get the fans back on his side and hopefully he will add a few moves in this time...wouldnt mind seeing cena feud with regal for a while after this match as their both good on the mic and regal could certainly teach cena a few wrestling moves in the way benoit did with mvp to make him close to the finished article..
but this match should end with a controversial ending and with the plan being to have all the matches at one night stand contested under extreme rules these two could steal the show on that event...both have had great hardcore style matches in the past and wudnt need to rely on their technical wrestling ability, or lack thereof! so i expect a short, brawl at judgement day to follow on the feud

Despite Cena having a losing streak since his win at the Royal Rumble, I don't think he'll be picking up the win here, either.

I can see Triple H defeating Orton, then having to deal with a Texas Bullrope match with JBL at One Night Stand, and still defeating him. Then, Regal claims himself the next #1 contender for Night of Champions. Triple H defeats him, and then gets a new feud in someone else. I can't see HHH/JBL going on for more than one match at ONS.

Personally I don't understand this match. It really only appeals if you are a Cena fan, then you'd want to see Cena win of course. But if you're not a Cena fan, and at least half of the wrestling fan base is not, then I can't imagine caring who wins this one.

Maybe if it was spiced up with some kind of gimmick, it might make more folks willing to care, but as it is, unless you're a Cena fan it seems like a boring idea with no real reason to care.

I'm gonna guess stinker for this month with a DQ end. That way, these two can have an entertaining brawl under extreme rules at ONS. JBL is horrendous in a regular match, but he can take a beating and make it look legit in the harcore environment. I'd say just make this a no dq match, but with ONS so close that would make no sense. This has filler written all over it.

Well, on one hand, I feel happy and interested to see Cena in a non main event role. On the other hand, this is probably gonna bomb. badly. Laborious. The match at WM was putrid, and that was before JBLeezy was all broken down. So, I fear this match, really I do. At least the heel/face dispositions will be very well defined and played LOL. Im agreement with everyone in feelin that this probably is just setting up an extreme rules match at ONS, which im looking forward to.

Man, I severely hope that this doesn't just lead to a rematch, haha. Even though I don't feel like seeing Triple H versus JBL at One Night Stand, I'd rather see it than Triple H versus Orton AGAIN, on top of ANOTHER crappy Cena/JBL match lol.

If JBL doesn't win here in order to challenge HHH, then I have to agree that it will just turn into a "no contest" with the two being disqualified and "brawling in a slow and boring fashion".

Now, I may or may not be mistaken here, but wasn't this match booked as "Winner gets a shot at One Night Stand"?

Anyway thats beside the point. I think this match will be more talk for the pathetic build it gets. The 2 are great promoists but not that fantastic in ring. It should still be a decent match though.

I actually predict JBL winning here and getting his title shot at ONS. I wonder how they will get JBL over Cena in that match though.

I actually predict JBL winning here and getting his title shot at ONS. I wonder how they will get JBL over Cena in that match though.

They could put J.B.L. over two ways. The first being logical with cheating. The second being shock-value with straight up being the better wrestler of the night.

I'd like to see the latter possibility happen, as I'm thinking the W.W.E. are trying to quietly lessen John Cena by having him lose, then they'll screw us all by having him suddenly become W.W.E. Champion again.

I can clearly invision J.B.L. sliding out of an F-U then connecting with a stiff Clothesline From Hell, picking up the victory as cleanly as possible for a heel. (There will be rule breaking, but how much is the question) Another possibility is Cena getting himself DQed. Thats how Jericho lost to J.B.L. at the Royal Rumble, and Bradshaw has that about him, to get under his opponent's skin.

The final theory I'll bring to the table, just to create controversy, is to have John Cena win cleanly only for J.B.L. to attack him the following night on Raw, claiming to not be done with him yet.. which leads to a gimmick-sized rematch 2 weeks later at One Night Stand. (yes, O.N.S. is only 2 weeks after J.D.)

Many people are predicting a JBL win here but I'm not so sure. John Cena has been booked so bad lately. He has lost cleanly on two straight ppvs and got pinned by Orton on Raw. But I think this match will either be a filler or a long and average match.

JBL is so overrated in my opinion. He rarely has good matches even with top quality opponents. Anyway Cena will win by DQ which will either lead to a JBL - Triple H match at One Night Stand for the WWE title or a gimmick match between JBL and Cena.

After this feud with JBL I'm guessing we will have Cena vs Trips at Summerslam or later down the track.

There is absolutely ZERO reason for Cena to go over in this. JBL is a heel, and the only reasonable challenger to face champion Triple H. And the only show that is even close to being reasonable place for a Trips Vs Cena match is SUmmerSlam, which is three months away. Im still just not used to the Idea of Cena jobbing like this. HIm winning makes absolutely Zero sense though . Gotta go with JBLeezy here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back