John Cena vs. R-Truth at Summerslam?

Status
Not open for further replies.
i agree with the alberto del rio angle. truth just isnt a big enough draw and cannot hold a long term main event feud. cena would have to carry him through weeks of terrible mic time on raw and a hashed in ring performance at best. truth needs to stick to being a mid carder or a last resort main eventer at most.

Truth not being on the mania card doesn't make him any less credible, he just had nothing at the time. Everyones favorite robot scotsman drew mcintyre wasn't on mania, hell, he's not even on raw every week. Yet if talks were for him getting a title shot upcoming you guys would be going ape shit over it, and credibility wouldn't even be in question. And no one seems to care at all that adr wasn't on the otl card tonight. The "troof" is that sometimes the bigger picture for a superstar is more important than wrestlemania. If he turned heel after ec it would have been rushed. None of us know who, or when the call was made for truth to turn heel.could have been right after mania by creative, truth himself could have suggested it, maybe they made the call the day of, or right after he won the gauntlet. We don't know that. Fact of the matter is that truth is the hottest heel in wwe right now and cena needs to face the hottest heel at summerslam. (Pun intended)

You could also make the case for del rio at ss, but don't use credibility, or truth not being on mania as an argument. Truth has been a player in the two biggest wrestling... the biggest wrestling company, and the biggest... kind of big entertainment companies in the world for ten years. Adr has been in wwe for one. Credibility is non existent in todays sports entertainment world.

Truth not being on the mania card doesn't make him any less credible, he just had nothing at the time. Everyones favorite robot scotsman drew mcintyre wasn't on mania, hell, he's not even on raw every week. Yet if talks were for him getting a title shot upcoming you guys would be going ape shit over it, and credibility wouldn't even be in question. And no one seems to care at all that adr wasn't on the otl card tonight. The "troof" is that sometimes the bigger picture for a superstar is more important than wrestlemania. If he turned heel after ec it would have been rushed. None of us know who, or when the call was made for truth to turn heel.could have been right after mania by creative, truth himself could have suggested it, maybe they made the call the day of, or right after he won the gauntlet. We don't know that. Fact of the matter is that truth is the hottest heel in wwe right now and cena needs to face the hottest heel at summerslam. (Pun intended)

You could also make the case for del rio at ss, but don't use credibility, or truth not being on mania as an argument. Truth has been a player in the two biggest wrestling... the biggest wrestling company, and the biggest... kind of big entertainment companies in the world for ten years. Adr has been in wwe for one. Credibility is non existent in todays sports entertainment world.

Thank you for telling it like it is and you were spot on about Drew McIntyre. Del Rio needs something quick to become relevant again because ever since he came to raw he's been lost. Don't always believe the internet especially when they announced that match months ago and subject is to check. Maybe this match does take place with Del Rio but its either this or Miz again. I think truth should wait his turn and maybe hes not quite ready but it wouldn't be the end of the world if he gotta shot and im confident he'll do okay.

after a bit of thought i can definitely see this happening. I think Cena vs ADR will be the big RAW feud this time next year in a program that'll last all summer. Del Rio is a future main eventer but he needs a year to build up momentum and pick up big wins against the likes of Morrison, Big Show, Kane etc. (maybe Jericho if he returns). Only problem is there are hardly any faces on RAW and I don't wanna see another feud with him and Mysterio. He really should have stayed on SD to feud with Orton.

I reckon CM Punk would be next in line if he signed a new contract, but as this is up in the air it's too risky to throw him into the main event unless it ends with a "loser gets fired" type match if he decides not to renew.

This leaves R-Truth as the safest option to feud with Cena. However, I don't see this program happening till towards the end of the year. I think R-Truth isn't quite ready yet and I'm liking this whole conspiracy angle. That should keep going for a while before he gets a title shot.

I could see some brilliant confrontations between Cena and Truth. Their mic skills are both among the best and they'd play off each other incredibly well I reckon. The matches won't be great but the storyline will be memorable for sure

I don't see Cena VS Truth happening at Summerslam. That sounds more like a match for a less important PPV. Morrison should be back in time to face Truth at Summerslam, while Cena will probably face Del Rio because they need a huge match for the second biggest show of the year. Cena VS Truth doesn't seem like as big of a deal but they might possibly go that route if Morrison is not back in time. Truth's heel character is new and getting lots of heat so he'd need a match with someone higher up on the card other than Mysterio by that point.

Jake, it seems you don't like Truth and that is the basis for your opinions on the matter. While I do agree that in the past WWE hasn't gone through with a push for Truth, I don't think that's enough to definitively state what's going to occur this time. They had an on again, off again affair with pushing Christian, but it never led to a world title until this past time. Defend that how you will, but the fact of the matter is this time was different for Christian just as it could be for Truth. He is more entertaining now than he's been in years and I think everyone can see that. The general opinion of the IWC immediately changed once he turned heel and started this crazed conspiracy gimmick.

All that said, the answer to the OP's question is no I don't see Truth facing Cena at Summerslam barring any kind of injury to Del Rio or something like that. I do believe that all this will lead to him getting a WWE championship match (though he likely won't win), maybe even on ppv, but not at SS. Word is that Morrison could be back by that time and I think that is the most obvious way to go for that event. It's only been a few weeks now, but I think many would agree with me that Truth is now one of the most intriguing parts of Raw and I have no reason to think that this fresh version of him is going to slow down any time soon. If he can continue on this pace, WWE would be fools to not have a place on the SS card for him, even if it isn't against Cena

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back