• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

R-Truth + PrettyRicky = Main event push???

Ballistic83

Occasional Pre-Show
Note: This is a make-up for that "Anti-John Cena" thread my peoples. My bad. But on this site don't I have a right on tell it like it is right? I gotta tell what I feel, I gotta talk about life the way I see it. But anyway...

The recently re-hired for the past year R-Truth hasn't really been given any push lately? He only had only one real shot at a championship, and that was against the then U.S. champion Shelton Benjamin late last year where he losted the match up. And ever since he hasn't really received anykind of push? R-Truth has alot of talent and is a ring veteran. But why isn't the WWE pushing the truth like they pushed John Cena four and a half years ago?

They both had the same gimmick, but in reverse though. R-Truth lived his lyrics, while John Cena didn't. But somehow, John Cena got pushed way to the moon and back. He is now the WWE's "poster child". I'm not even sure that Triple H can see Cena (no pun intended) on that level yet when it comes to doing movies and such. But that's for another time though folk's...back to the truth.

R-Truth was a big fish in a tiny TNA pond. Now he's a trout in a giant WWE ocean it looks like. But R-Truth can overcome.

And WTF is up with this "PrettyRicky" gimmick??? I though R-Truth was a rapper, not a stand-up comic (like Jericho, RVD, and now Foley). All I'm saying is, PrettyRicky has to die soon. Or R-Truth chances of being a main eventer will die with it.

What do ya'll think??

Your not going to see him in the ME sorry. He is being used purely for entertainment purpose's as you can see with the Pretty Ricky bits. That's the kind of horse crap that Vince likes, and he will milk it. It could work in the ME, but I don't want to see it. I doubt you do either.

As far as him making ME status minus the Pretty Ricky character, there are a couple reasons. Because he is 37, and has worked in TNA after leaving WWE. That is like a double negative, and in this case it won't equal positive.

He is pretty over, so I do see him receiving a IC title push again at one point but that's about it.

If you think the Pretty Ricky thing is going to be detrimental to his advancement, you are way off. As cheesy as it is, it is the best thing for him at the moment. I don't think it's funny at all, but I also think all of Tyler Perry's work is shit. Guess what? I'm in the minority, just like you guys. The little gimmick is giving him a little more tv time, which increases his chance of getting over. What's thd downside? That all the smarks will sit on the internet and bash him? Lets see, I can keep going the route I'm going and be a career low carder while keeping a few smarks happy, or I can take a shot at doing something different and becoming a solid player and solidifying my job. I would take the latter. He has above average talent in the ring, and definitely connects with the crowd. He may not be insanely over at the moment, but he gets at least a minimal reaction. And with the ME scene as dry as it is these days, he just might get a shot at it.

saying is, PrettyRicky has to die soon. Or R-Truth chances of being a main eventer will die with it.

What do ya'll think??

R-truth is nothing more than a hype man, he is supposed to come out, get the crowd excited, have a match against another lower midcarder, and bounce. He is not, and never will be a WWE main eventer. The only reason he was in TNA is because look how thin TNA's roster was in the begining. He was one of the few that people actually knew.

R-Truth has passable talent for a nice mid-card run, nothing more. And, even if us on the Internet don't care for his new direction, the general crowd is going to think it's hilarious. A pairing with Cryme Tyme would have been natural, and could even still be in the cards. They could be a nice little stable on Smackdown. Over, lower to mid card entertainment, and nothing more.

R-Truth's pretty Ricky is kind of stupid i use that a bathroom/get teh chips and salsa time. And R-Truth will never be ME he was in TNA and he's old as said before, he at most will get the US title but i doubt that if he keeps up his pretty ricky gimmick. Also he's not even that great of a wrestler.

Well aparently Pretty Ricky may be going on hiatus for awhile, due to the fact that WWE is attempting to push younger talent, so R Truth maybe down on the totem pole at this point, until he does something to change their mind we may never see him in the upper midcard let alone the main event.

For what its worth he is a hell of a talent in the WWE despite what people say he has the personality and charisma to go far on the mic and the skills to make the fans scream with enjoyment, he is an all around entertainer and it would be sad if he doesn't at least get an IC title reign for his efforts, but until then i will continue to enjoy his matches and watch this guy shine better then he has ever done in TNA IMO.

With Jesse debuting Slam Master J on SmackDown. I say he forms a tag Team with R-Truth to feud with Cryme Tyme. It could be the battle of the hip-hop and it could make a good team or a really bad one. But to be honest, R-Truth or Slam Master J aren't going to anything else so here's the the chance to push "Delicious" Pretty Ricky and the Slam Master after Cryme Tyme finish there feud with JeriShow.

I think the Pretty Ricky thing may have been scrapped; he hasn't done it in like two weeks. If not, then yes, it does need to stop because it will ruin any chance he has of being a main eventer. I'm not sure why he even has the gimmick in the first place; he's over as it is, he doesn't need it. Plus it came so randomly; no build-up or storyline behind it, just JR saying "oh, here's a side of R-Truth you've never seen because we have time, and talent, to kill"

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back