John Cena in New D-Generation X?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think anyone should be in the DX except HBK and HHH, I mean if Cena joined DX who would be there to keep the title scene happening? Nitro and Melina I think are the closet thing to joining DX, but I would rather just have them as a Manager type storyline and I would also love Nitro to win the I.C Title (Fueding with Benjamin) sometime in the future.

Triple H and HBK should be the only two members in DX, but I must wonder who is HBK freind?

If DX is going to include more than just HBK and HHH, then it would make much more sense to put two younger, lower to mid cards guys in there with them than Cena, Edge or any other main eventer.

Im still not sure how they are going to work this. Obviously they will be face when they return, but for how long? Face factions simply don't work unless they have a heel faction to rival with. At the end of the day factions themselves are traditionally a heel-ish aspect of wrestling. I think they have to just take the initial face reaction, use it in a feud with Vince then maybe start attacking Cena and other top faces (maybe even "invade" SD and get Rey)

Otherwise a face DX will get very tiring very quickly

Nitro in DX would be great. See how more overtly sexual his persona was on RAW than Smackdown.

I could also see Edge and Nitro aligning under some sort of Rated R stable.

Either way, I see Nitro and Melina pushing the envelope on Raw over the next year and if he was in DX, that would alleviate Shawn from having to personally compromise his values.

Shelton needs a new entrance theme. Since dropping mama, I've really liked his persona. The shades and open shirts have really helped his look. I remember Bret Hart saying how early on in the WWF he was intimidated by doing mic work and the reason he started wearing the shades was to help him through the vignettes. Maybe Shelton should learn from that.

Carlito and Striker are awesome on the mic. So is Armando Alejandro Estrada. Raw is packed with mic skills.

The women's division is going to continue to grow (I believe).

Bulldog is going to debut soon and I believe on Raw so it will be interesting to see where he fits in.

With all that plus the Spirit Squad, Umaga, Cena, Show, Kane... I think Charlie Haas is going to have a hard time standing out on RAW. He should either go to ECW or move to Smackdown where he can play a more prominent role working with Gunner, Benoit, Lashley, Booker and Finlay.

drgnerth said:
Carlito, anyone. Push him as the next Rock.

Carlito would be great under the DX banner. He fits the profile of what a DX member is. The next Rock probably, call me crazy but I think that Carlito has more charisma then the Rock. Carlito's doesn't get much TV time and yet drives people bonkers when he comes through the curtains or his face is shown on TV.

Im still not sure how they are going to work this. Obviously they will be face when they return, but for how long? Face factions simply don't work unless they have a heel faction to rival with.
Look for them to fued with Vince's faction (which looks like it will contain at least the SS/Shelton and Umaga). Ric Flair will NOT be in DX it is under a year ago the game destroyed him and it would be silly to forget that story line already. Also he wouldn't fit in as he represents "old school" wrestling which is not what DX is all about. Cena would be awful. Edge is a possabilty as is Carltio. However this would invovle a face turn for Edge and as he's a red hot heel at the mo this wouldn't make sense.(although I like the idea someone suggested of a rated R stable invovling Edge/Nitro and Melina to give us a third faction) I see this story line running maybe 6 months after vengance and would certainly make for a more entertaining year than last year.:wwf:

Credit: PWTorch.Com

Last week on RAW, Shawn Michaels's was at the end of an attack by Spirit Squad to set up an angle that will leave Michael's out of WWE television until the June 25 Vengeance pay-per-view. Sean underwent an MRI on Tuesday in San Antonio to determine the severity of a knee injury which has been bothering him for a while now. Surgery would be for a minor clean up of loose cartilage in the knee and it would only require an arthroscopic operation. Recovery from knee arthroscopy is generally much faster than recovery from traditional open knee surgery.

The injury angle is not expected to affect the DX Reunion between HBK and Triple H, reports The Pro Wrestling Torch. The angle could play out as soon as Monday night on RAW, or even as late as the actual pay-per-view in 4 weeks time.

The DX reunion angle isn't expected to last long, and has been considered short term lasting through the summer. No additional wrestlers are expected to be part of the angle.

most beneficial DX members:

Chris Masters
Charlie Haas
Nitro (w/o Melina)
Beth Phoenix

not these people:

Edge w/ Lita (he's a heel dealing with Mick Foley & the ECW angle)
Ric Flair (he's oldschool like someone else said not DX material)
Shelton Benjamin (he's a heel & wouldn't fit in with Triple H & HBK)
John Cena (wouldn't make sense as he's probably going to turn heel soon)

sidenotes:

Melina should eventually leave Nitro & be with Carlito those 2 would hot combination
John Cena & Shelton Benjamin are the 2 top title holding guys right now
i think it would be a great idea to have them both join Vince McMahon as heels & fued with DX
i think they both have that hip hop style & it would be interesting to see them join forces

JKO said:
Credit: PWTorch.Com

The DX reunion angle isn't expected to last long, and has been considered short term lasting through the summer. No additional wrestlers are expected to be part of the angle

Jus Reinstating that before u brains get scrambled

HHH
HBK
(Where's X-Pac? Is he with another company?Of course he would be perfect to bring back)
(Road Dogg is with TNA but ive heard his contract is about to run out. Even if it does, I dont think he'd join DX again b/c he supposedly doesnt like HHH)
(Billy Gunn I'm pretty sure he's in TNA too, correct me if I'm wrong, but I've heard he doesnt like HHH either)

So it makes since that DX wouldnt be back for long seeing how over half of its original member probably wont be back.

As said, the reunion is not going to last long. It probably wont have the time to develop past HHH and Michaels. If it was to be a long term thing i could easily see Cena there. Does he not play a degenerate character? Though i would prefer to see him heel playing the 'Against-The-World' type angle with the faces hating him, the heels hating him, and the authorities hating him. So on that note, i dont think he should be alligned with Vince McMahon either.

John Cena in D-X would not be a good idea. I'm one of Cena's biggest fans, but I do not want to see him in D-X or join Vince. While they are having this feud, Cena could start his rivalry with Kane or someone else that deserves a title shot.

Infamous said:
HHH
HBK
(Where's X-Pac? Is he with another company?Of course he would be perfect to bring back)
(Road Dogg is with TNA but ive heard his contract is about to run out. Even if it does, I dont think he'd join DX again b/c he supposedly doesnt like HHH)
(Billy Gunn I'm pretty sure he's in TNA too, correct me if I'm wrong, but I've heard he doesnt like HHH either)

So it makes since that DX wouldnt be back for long seeing how over half of its original member probably wont be back.

x-pac is doing some mtv wrestling thing and idk if wwe wants him back because of drug problems but they might get him

Carlito I wouldnt mind seeing in the new D-X I just cant see how he's involved with all of it. Carlito is not even in the same league as the rock. The rock entertained us every night, face or heel he was the best. Now back to D-X, people that have something to do with D-X that can come back. X-pac, Ric Flair, Stephine McMahon, and Kane.

seein how this isnt goin to last long at all..and they already said there not addin more members...im jus gonna say..they are gonna put on one Huge Match wit them, and cauze trouble the rest of the time

It would be the worst thing ever to happen. I think HHH, Michaels and Test or Nitro would be good for the NEW DX!

pkpro said:
Carlito would be great under the DX banner. He fits the profile of what a DX member is. The next Rock probably, call me crazy but I think that Carlito has more charisma then the Rock. Carlito's doesn't get much TV time and yet drives people bonkers when he comes through the curtains or his face is shown on TV.

Your crazy.

Not until he can make the crowd buzz just with the mention of his name will he be as charismatic as The Rock. He may drive the fans bonkers, but as I remember in the good ole' days fans didn't go bonkers, they basically had seizures when he came out. They still do nowadays when he makes special appearances and stuff.

Now I'm not saying Carlito can't be like that, but at this point and time, he does not have more charisma that The Rock did.

Agreed. IMO we can say Carlito and John Cena are the Rock and Austin of this generation of wrestling.

I can agree somewhat with that statement, but I won't fully agree until we see the two of them headlining a WrestleMania.

[ WALKER ] said:
Agreed. IMO we can say Carlito and John Cena are the Rock and Austin of this generation of wrestling.
No IMO we can't. Carlito as the Rock yea I can see that. Cena as Austin! They tried to re create the Vince/Austin thing with Cena and Bischoff it was seen for what it was a bad re-hash of old ideas. Austin was also capable of top notch matches(I mean like top 10 of the last ten years) Cena isn't.:wwf:

Trust me he is, and much like Austin his talents are restricted to brawling. You need to remember when Cena was considered not just a future prospect but also a future great. His wrestling skills were above average. And taken the words from Kurt Angle's mouth: "Cena doesnt need any help in the ring. He knows exactly what he is doing." To say Cena cant put on any good matches is terribly short sighted.

He does have a point though. Right now at this point, do you think Cena is capable of putting on a match like say, Austin vs Rock at WrestleMania 17?

I'm not sold on that being the case right now.

[ WALKER ] said:
Trust me he is, and much like Austin his talents are restricted to brawling. You need to remember when Cena was considered not just a future prospect but also a future great. His wrestling skills were above average. And taken the words from Kurt Angle's mouth: "Cena doesnt need any help in the ring. He knows exactly what he is doing." To say Cena cant put on any good matches is terribly short sighted.
He should have had at least three great matches by now considing who he's worked with. I'll give him the "I quit" match with JBL and as I'm in a good mood I'll also give him Cena/Triple H but that's being genrous.:wwf:

Cena vs Brock Lesnar? That was an excellent match i thought.

[ WALKER ] said:

I don't think we can say Carlitto is like the rock, he hasn't been in enough big matches yet, and there is no way cena is as close to as big as austin yet, but someday both could be the next top stars

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back