Jesse Sorensen Released from TNA

Go yell at Zema Ion, not me.

I won't yell at Zema Ion, because he is our white knight.

But I will yell at you, because you are the hero that WrestleZone deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So I will yell at you, because you can take it, because you're not a hero.

You're a silent guardian, a watchful protector, a dark knight.

Coco tried that once before and it didn't make much more sense to me then. I basically fell asleep during The Dark Night owing to not giving a shit.

I believe Tasty already explained that - but I'm going to slide over that and onto what seems to be the circular reasoning at the core of your argument.

You seem to be under the assumption that any show the producer continues to produce is making them money. Any show that is making money is a success. Therefore any show that exists is successful.

I'll expand the scope beyond wrestling for this next one.

Are there any television shows that exist that are not successes?

Anything involving the Kardashians and the vast majority of reality TV for dumbing down the human race, which is far more important than making money.

Because professional wrestling isn't dumbing down the human race? We're supposed to forget who Husky Harris is when he comes back onto TV after 12 months looking exactly the same but with beard and a different name.

And that's not an answer.

"Moral reasons" aside, are there any television shows which exist that are not successes?

Because professional wrestling isn't dumbing down the human race?

And that's not an answer.

"Moral reasons" aside, are there any television shows which exist that are not successes?

Dear goodness haven't you made this as dull as possible yet?

It is indeed an answer, but one you don't like.

No it isn't; it's a way of avoiding having to explain away your circular reasoning.

If you don't want to answer the question then just say so.

No it isn't; it's a way of avoiding having to explain away your circular reasoning.

If you don't want to answer the question then just say so.

The question about shows on not being a success?

I'll go with what I said earlier: the ones that are making money are.

And, with a few obvious exceptions like news broadcasts and shit like that - you assume any broadcast that is continuing to air is making money?

And, with a few obvious exceptions like news broadcasts and shit like that - you assume any broadcast that is continuing to air is making money?

Either it's making money, has made money in the recent past and is close to making it again, or has the potential to make it soon.

TV shows aren't movies. The vast majority of television is produced on a budget which is directly based on what a network is willing to pay for it. This means that, unless a show goes massively over budged in production, a show that makes it to air is almost guaranteed to be making money. And as such basically every broadcast on TV is successful.

I finally think I understand your opinion. The position that everything is successful is a rational conclusion to reach, but there's a massive problem with it. You've been very vocal about being bored engaging in a logical breakdown of the issue, so I shall illustrate the problem using a quotation from a popular Disney movie.

Helen: Everyone's special, Dash.
Dash: [muttering] Which is another way of saying no one is.

If you brand every show on television a success - and using the logic you have employed at various points in this thread I struggle to think of a single show that wouldn't be considered a success, then your assessment of what constitutes a success becomes absolutely meaningless in an form of discussion. It becomes like one of those patronizing games produced for kids with special needs where everyone gets to be a winner - utterly worthless to everyone.

If everything is a success then success doesn't matter.

TV shows aren't movies. The vast majority of television is produced on a budget which is directly based on what a network is willing to pay for it. This means that, unless a show goes massively over budged in production, a show that makes it to air is almost guaranteed to be making money. And as such basically every broadcast on TV is successful.

I finally think I understand your opinion. The position that everything is successful is a rational conclusion to reach, but there's a massive problem with it. You've been very vocal about being bored engaging in a logical breakdown of the issue, so I shall illustrate the problem using a quotation from a popular Disney movie.

Helen: Everyone's special, Dash.
Dash: [muttering] Which is another way of saying no one is.

If you brand every show on television a success - and using the logic you have employed at various points in this thread I struggle to think of a single show that wouldn't be considered a success, then your assessment of what constitutes a success becomes absolutely meaningless in an form of discussion. It becomes like one of those patronizing games produced for kids with special needs where everyone gets to be a winner - utterly worthless to everyone.

If everything is a success then success doesn't matter.

Which brings us back to the point about Impact: the level of success. If a show can spend say ten million dollars to produce X result, then a show is ten times as successful if it can spent one million dollars to produce X result. Correct in its most basic form?

What I gather from the number of responses to this thread...

Jesse Sorenson equals ratings.

But he has been cancelled.

Which makes his level of success/failure ambiguous.

Or something like that.

Little update from Sorensen:

My name is Jessy Sorensen(Jesse Sorensen) I am a former professional wrestler for TNA Impact Wrestling seen every thursday night on SpikeTV. On Feb.12th 2012 during a live match on pay per view vs Zema Ion I suffered a sever neck injury sustaining a broke C-1 vertebrae & herniated C-5 & C-6. After a long recovery process & being promised by the President of TNA Impact Wrestling TNA Dixie Carter I would always have a job with her company, I recently was released from my current contract & shown that those promises were false. During my time away from the ring I decided to pursue bodybuilding & have been prepping for the Hurricane Bay bodybuilding show in Tampa, FL on Oct.5th,2013 but now due to my recent released I will have to drop out of my show. A friend of mine told me about this site and if anyone would like to help and contribute I would be so grateful and appreciate any donations. Thanks and hopefully I can find something I love just as much as I did Wrestling.

Obviously it's his word against theirs and it may just be sour grapes, but it's not the best thing from a PR standpoint for TNA.

Really curious, what was TNA's stance on medical bills with Sorenson? I seem to remember his being paid, but I also remember TNA didn't do anything for Zima's injury/operation

I am getting a little tired of wrestlers playing the victim when they chose not to have medical coverage because they don't want to pay for it. No one is going to kick starter my appendicitis bills if I get it.

I am getting a little tired of wrestlers playing the victim when they chose not to have medical coverage because they don't want to pay for it. No one is going to kick starter my appendicitis bills if I get it.

Legitimately curious; do you get health benefits from where you work?

I wouldn't be shocked to see that Zima, and to a lesser extent Jesse, couldn't afford the legitimately expensive procedures on their own.

Legitimately curious; do you get health benefits from where you work?

I wouldn't be shocked to see that Zima, and to a lesser extent Jesse, couldn't afford the legitimately expensive procedures on their own.

Yes I do. However, they chose their career path. Why should I finance their pursuit of a dream job when I go to a regular job everyday and pay my premiums? Sure theirs would be a lot higher but their job is a lot more dangerous.

Non-top level TNA wrestlers can't afford health insurance because they've developed a nasty habit: they like to eat.

... Why on earth would Dixie tell him that he had a job for life?

Maybe Ion's insurance lapsed when he wasn't paid for 2 months.

Yes I do. However, they chose their career path. Why should I finance their pursuit of a dream job when I go to a regular job everyday and pay my premiums? Sure theirs would be a lot higher but their job is a lot more dangerous.

People get sick, and people can get hurt on the job. Zima had a tumor found on his colon, that really has little to do with the profession he took. Jesse's a little more what I think you mean, but even then it's a freak injury. Sure, wrestling is riskier, but it's still a freak accident.

I'm pretty sure most wrestlers in Zima and Jesse's situation realize the risks that come in wrestling and also had second jobs to supplement their income. There's the story that floats around about Taylor Wilde working at a Sunglasses Hut while working for TNA, so they're often working a second job. I'm not sure what else you want them to do.

Non-top level TNA wrestlers can't afford health insurance because they've developed a nasty habit: they like to eat.

Isn't the nasty habit that they want to be a pro wrestler? Those guys get paid what they are worth. They chose the job and the risks. The saying isn't reward reward.

... Why on earth would Dixie tell him that he had a job for life?

Giving someone false hope isn't always wrong. I wonder if he turned down a pay cut? I have a hard time feeling sorry for some who broke their neck and their current biggest problem is that they can't enter a body building contest for some odd reason.

Maybe Ion's insurance lapsed when he wasn't paid for 2 months.

Na, but he did default on a loan to the hairspray store.

Isn't the nasty habit that they want to be a pro wrestler? Those guys get paid what they are worth. They chose the job and the risks. The saying isn't reward reward.

Or maybe your insurance shouldn't depend on how you make your money, but in this country that's crazy talk for a long list of reasons, each of which makes my head shake more and more.

Or maybe your insurance shouldn't depend on how you make your money, but in this country that's crazy talk for a long list of reasons, each of which makes my head shake more and more.

Then there's that whole thing that if you're working for TNA, unless you're a big star, you're probably working two jobs, but of course, it's the wrestler being lazy

How long could they have kept him to not feel guilty that he broke his neck in their ring?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back