Jesse Sorensen Released from TNA

So I take it you both donated to Zema and Jesse? If not, why not?

I did donate to Zima, I probably will wind up donating to Jesse, and I really don't understand the point that you're trying to make.

So, I'll ask; what more do you want for Zima and Jesse to do? And furthermore, how is the "business that he's in" the cause for what happened to Zima, specifically?

So, I'll ask; what more do you want for Zima and Jesse to do? And furthermore, how is the "business that he's in" the cause for what happened to Zima, specifically?

The nature of Zema's work, both pay and level of danger, seems to have prevented him from having health insurance. He had a need for health insurance. If he was in a different business he probably could have had it. He choose his path. If you want to help them out then more power to you.

As far as Jesse goes, I don't think the shots at the company are in good taste, especially when his goal is less than noble. Up until they stopped overpaying him to do a job he wasn't even qualified for the company had done more than they needed to the entire time.

Now that we're back on Jesse Sorensen, I'm leaving this thread. I'll see you guys on a "The End Is Near For TNA" thread soon.

Didn't test write a poetic letter on the treatment of wrestlers who get injured? I'm sure it's relevant.

If Jesse was dumped for breaking his neck, that would be different. This is just a guy getting released becase he was paid too much for a job he wasn't doing to a high enough standard. Meh.

I'm sad for the guy, but it's just business. I don't know if Droz still works for WWE or what not, but you know for what you signed. Unfortunately, things happen and well, I know that it sucks when it's on us but you just gotta let that go and work your ass off once again. He looks like a bright kid, I hope he can get lucky somewhere else in the business world - and marketing is difficult, believe me, but he needs to stay humble and stop crapping on Dixie like he's doing now. She could help him in the business world as a former boss, now, she may very well tell him to go fuck himself.

I completely get the idea of it being business, but to me it's the same argument I get into with most fiscal conservatives: just because you can cut a cost doesn't mean you should. At the end of the day, is not paying Sorensen a few hundred bucks a week worth the bad publicity you get for this? I'm not so sure. I get why TNA did this and I can agree with it to an extent, but I don't think it was necessary.

I completely get the idea of it being business, but to me it's the same argument I get into with most fiscal conservatives: just because you can cut a cost doesn't mean you should. At the end of the day, is not paying Sorensen a few hundred bucks a week worth the bad publicity you get for this? I'm not so sure. I get why TNA did this and I can agree with it to an extent, but I don't think it was necessary.

Not to mention that this is coming five months after TNA just settled out of court on the Daffney case.

Look, if you want to say it's a business, that's perfectly fine. But when Dixie portrays herself as this kindly mother figure, who cares more about her wrestlers than other promoters (read: Vince), you have to see why some people are going to harp against TNA's fairly hypocritical view of itself, in comparison to how it treats talent.

We have already established that, bro.

Fuck me I'm sorry... that'll teach me, I SWORE that was the most recent post when I typed that, now I come off as a complete ass so apologies to newwaveknight.

In all fairness in terms of facial structure and hairstyle the two are pretty similar! haha now as for Jesse S, not gonna like I thought he had massive potential was young and great in the ring plus he did semi-stand out with the college football gimmick. He was the quintessential X-Division guy, great inring and bad on the mic. It was very unfortunate that he was injured by Ion who is ALSO out too :icon_neutral: shame.

I think he could've been great, not world champ but a damn fine X-Division one.

Still at least my boy Garret is still on the roster kicking ass.

The guy has completely recovered - he was cleared to return to wrestling 8 months ago and he has gotten himself so buffed that he was going to PARTICIPATE in a bodybuilding competition!

This isn't a wheelchair bound invalid who can never do anything again. This is a guy who was supported back to full health by his employers (despite them not being at fault) and beyond. Despite full recovery several months ago, (for reasons that have yet to be revealed) he has not returned to do the job he was employed to do.

Where have TNA and Dixie Carter failed in their duty of care?

The guy has completely recovered - he was cleared to return to wrestling 8 months ago and he has gotten himself so buffed that he was going to PARTICIPATE in a bodybuilding competition!

And yet even as late as this May, Sorensen insisted there would be no return to the ring.

Hmm... Could it possibly be... He wasn't capable of returning to the ring?

This isn't a wheelchair bound invalid who can never do anything again. This is a guy who was supported back to full health by his employers (despite them not being at fault) and beyond. Despite full recovery several months ago, (for reasons that have yet to be revealed) he has not returned to do the job he was employed to do.

And since he could not do the job, because of circumstances that occurred because a freak accident, Sorensen did another job. This isn't a guy mooching, and if we made a full recovery, don't you think he'd be back in the ring?

Where have TNA and Dixie Carter failed in their duty of care?[/QUOTE]

Perhaps she didn't; when you consider how poorly the lower card has reportedly been treated in TNA (not paying anything to help Zima, the Daffney case), and their portrayal of Dixie as this motherly figure that would never do talent wrong, you have to see why people are quick to harp when they feel a talent is done wrong.

Aren't the people defending TNA saying how it's typical of something in the business world the same people who bitched and damned WWE for acting like a business in the thread about WWE blocking TNA?

Not sure, but here's what some of the same people arguing it's business when Jeff Hardy said he was staying with TNA

Good on you, Jeff, for picking what you want and sticking with it despite what greedy, selfish fans think is best for you

These guys are loyal out of love for the company, not love for the almighty dollar and LORD knows that's what wrestling needs today. WWE's turned it into too much of a money mill. They're trying to monetize anything and everything while TNA is maintaining a fair level of what made wrestling good.

It's the wrestling biz. I feel for Sorensen, but he should've known that promises only go so far in the biz. It could've been bitch made if they had let him go after his injury, but they at least kept him on the payroll this long. But Dixie probably but off more than she could chew in making him that "promise".

Maybe Sorensen is addicted to pain killers from the injury and TNA couldn't in good concious support his addictions any longer?

Anyone want to start that rumor?

1374691747451.gif

Didn't like him, saw little to no potential. Good look but you know who else has a good look? Garret Bischoff, he and Jesse are similar in the fact neither is very good in the ring. I feel for the guy because he broke his neck and may never wrestle again but business is business, is it a tad bit harsh if Dixie promised him "a job for life"? Yeah, sure, but she shouldn't be making promises like that to begin with.

Yet another update:

Sorensen says he didn't set up the donation page and that he didn't make any of the comments after being released. That clears up a thing or two.

Aha! His twitter/My Space/Facebook was hacked surely.

Kurt-Angle-Mug-Shot-Virginia-Arrest.jpg

The drunk vigilante strikes again!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back