Jesse Sorensen Released from TNA

Someone should just make a TNA in distress thread. I was reading through the house show thread and this one is looking like a carbon copy.

No; the place to confront ignorance is where you find it. You can't build a house with "Idiots welcome" over the door and expect anyone to show up.

I always thought the guy had potential, despite his sub-par in-ring skills. After his neck injury, his return could have tailor-made him into a solid babyface (sympathy factor always helps get babyfaces over). Why they booked him as the lackey of Robbie: He (as in "Robbie: He isn't Zack Ryder) is beyond me.

From the department of pointing out the obvious...

Jesse Godderz and Jesse Sorenson are two completely different people.

Technically ROH got on national TV, and the WWE has launched multiple new wrestling broadcasts over the period, all of which have failed.

They weren't other promotions, it was still WWE.

Doesn't it suck when someone latches onto one thing you say?

No; the place to confront ignorance is where you find it. You can't build a house with "Idiots welcome" over the door and expect anyone to show up.

Yeah, but you can put a title on a thread that says "TNA in Distress" and expect everyone to show up. It'd be more convenient to have one rather than a half dozen.

I always thought the guy had potential, despite his sub-par in-ring skills. After his neck injury, his return could have tailor-made him into a solid babyface (sympathy factor always helps get babyfaces over). Why they booked him as the lackey of Robbie: He (as in "Robbie: He isn't Zack Ryder) is beyond me.

......pssst...... We're talking about this guy.

9139277f75f0cb04c93c4cbca610d35b_XL.jpg

From the department of pointing out the obvious...

Jesse Godderz and Jesse Sorenson are two completely different people.

I honestly thought they were the same guy. Yeah, I think that just solidified the point that maybe the company is losing money on Jesse Sorensen then.

They weren't other promotions, it was still WWE.

Doesn't it suck when someone latches onto one thing you say?

I fail to see the relevance. It's still half a dozen independent wrestling broadcasts that have universally lost audience. It's not like being under the WWE banner with access to their mountains of established talent and money is a disadvantage these shows have had to overcome.

Main Event hasn't.

And it much have been running for all of ten months.

In case anyone is legitimately concerned about Sorensen, he's been booked for an NWA Florida Underground show. If wrestling doesn't work out, he's young enough to find a new career. Provided he stays healthy, he'll be just fine.

I fail to see the relevance. It's still half a dozen independent wrestling broadcasts that have universally lost audience. It's not like being under the WWE banner with access to their mountains of established talent and money is a disadvantage these shows have had to overcome.

And it much have been running for all of ten months.

The same was true of Impact and it's still going. Until it fails, Main Event is a success.

According to PWInsider

On the Jesse Sorensen front, the word among those I've spoken to is that he was being paid well above the salary that anyone else working as a production assistant would have gotten as a way for the company to help him as he recovered. It was simply a financial cutback decision as the company is really cutting corners of late. That's actually been going on for months, but now they are really trying to cut back. There may be more talent cuts coming as well and a lot of people are worried about that.

I think you have the wrong Jesse there, bro.

......pssst...... We're talking about this guy.

9139277f75f0cb04c93c4cbca610d35b_XL.jpg

Thanks, KJ. :p

But seriously, I went through a period last year where I didn't watch Impact (unlike some, if I don't like what a wrestling show is dong, I actually do stop watching). I really honestly thought that they were the same guy. Man, I'm gonna catch some IWC hell for this faux pas. XD

Why has a company that is bound and determined to repeat every mistake in the entire history of wrestling grown tenfold in as many years whilst every other promotion has bled its audience?

And (to my knowledge) the second largest Worldwide organisation ever.

As for Jesse Sorensen, I have seen reports that he has been physically fit to return since last November so the release isn't either a shock nor an insult to the guy. Prior to the injury, he was a bland white meat babyface with a dull jock shtick who, chances are, would have been released long ago if not for the injury. He has been cleared now for 8 months and still (for whatever reason) is to return to what he was employed by the company to do - what moral code have TNA broken here?

The same was true of Impact and it's still going. Until it fails, Main Event is a success.

And here was me thinking that in order to be a success you had to succeed. I didn't realize it was the default position for all un-axed television.

Incidentally, do you actually have ratings information for the past ten months of Main Event?

And here was me thinking that in order to be a success you had to succeed. I didn't realize it was the default position for all un-axed television.

Incidentally, do you actually have ratings information for the past ten months of Main Event?

I don't but I could probably find them if I looked.

Main Event's job is to stay on air and attract an audience. it's doing that, therefore it's a success.

I think you have the wrong Jesse there, bro.

We have already established that, bro.

Jesse wasn't allowed to wrestle because I don't think Dixie wanted the blame if anything happened to him. But if he is allowed to wrestle elsewhere, good on him. He's an extremely talented young man and I want to see more of him wrestling.

As to why they let him go, I reckon it was done as he probably didn't agree with a lower pay, or Dixie felt guilty giving him a lower pay given that he broke his neck working for them. Sounds ridiculous but knowing them, it is probably what happened.

We have already established that, bro.

Jesse wasn't allowed to wrestle because I don't think Dixie wanted the blame if anything happened to him. But if he is allowed to wrestle elsewhere, good on him. He's an extremely talented young man and I want to see more of him wrestling.

I can't say I blame Dixie for being careful with him. What happened to him was not pretty at all.
As to why they let him go, I reckon it was done as he probably didn't agree with a lower pay, or Dixie felt guilty giving him a lower pay given that he broke his neck working for them. Sounds ridiculous but knowing them, it is probably what happened.
Chances are he can get any other paying job at this point other than wrestling.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back