• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Jack Swagger: What Could Have Been?

Looking at the MITB Participants, I strongly favor Swagger actually. Christian had his time as ECW Champ recently and I don't think they'll give him MITB yet. Kane is falling off the radar alot more lately and giving it him would be wrong. Matt Hardy and Ziggler it would be wasted on. MVP is possible, there has been talk of him receiving that bit of a push but I just don't see it, and I don't like his finisher.

That leaves Benjamin and Swagger. Benjamin has been in 5 MITB's now and deserves his chance you'd assume, but he's still lacking I feel. Swagger is my favourite, however, I think he'll be the first person to lose his MITB match within the next couple of months, and its possible that at the MITB PPV in July, a new MITB briefcase will be awarded.

I'm not a fan of Jack Swagger, but he is a great wrestler. I just can't see him as a champion. I don't know why, it's most likely because, he has no coffindence. When he first stared out, he won the ECW title. He held on to it for a while. Ever since then he's done absolutely nothing. Every time I see him Wrestsle I turn off the T.V., he goes against the same people, Evan Bourne, Kofi Kingston, M.V.P, and Santino. I can't stand his additude, his look is annoying. Should WWE change him or not.
Share you'r thoughts.

Rko 4 Life:worship:

It's already been said but I'll say it again. Swagger has only been with the company for about a year. To make a superstar, his push must be slow and gradual. He had an awesome run on ECW as champ and had a ton of momentum going to Raw. But he lost it over a matter of weeks and I can't say I'm surprised.

Seeing Swagger in MITB and on the Wrestlemania card (I believe he was left off last year) reassures me somewhat. However, if Swagger really wants to have his career take off again (because I highly doubt he's gonna win MITB), he should be drafted to Smackdown. It's no secret that Raw has an INCREDIBLY stacked roster. The only way you can really get noticed is if you're an established maineventer (with the obvious excetptions of Kofi Kingston and Sheamus).

That said, the next draft may just be what the doctor ordered. Send Swagger to SD, build him up with a dominant IC title reign, then have him compete for the world title when he's ready. Because SD does a somewhat better job than Raw in managing its midcard, I only see good things coming out of him going there.

After RAW that night i thought about it and I was thinking maybe Swagger will become US Champ and be the All American, American United States Championship but instead he no shows the next show. Just a few weeks ago we had him job to Santino in his All American, American Challenge. Just last week i believe or the week before we had Swagger defeat Santino in a quick and lame match in his hometown to qualify to be in the MITB match. I don't see him winning the MITB but if he did i don't see him as a world champ yet and this guy really needs a push.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back