• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Is It Time To Redesign The WWE and World Heavyweight Championship Belts?

absolutely, the spinner belt MUST GO. it was a gimmick prop for a white boy rapper gimmick YEARSSSS ago. enough. yes, i realize it doesn't spin anymore. it still represents the same thing. plus i absolutely hate the word "CHAMP" in those cheesy letters replacing Champion. just makes it look absolutely cheap. please , please bring back the old title. i'd kill to see a slight re-design of the '96 era championship belt.

The World Heavyweight Championship looks fine the way it is. The Spinner WWE championship has been around for way too long,the most likely reason its still around is because it might be a good merch seller. I think they should create a new belt which should look like a mix of the Current one and the Winged Eagle.

The world heavyweight championship belt does not need to be redesigned. It stands for tradition and goes back to the NWA days. There is no need to change that. The spinner belt that debuted with John Cena is trash. It should have been replaced by now. It's a gimmick belt.

I think WWE has an absolutely PERFECT opportunity with CM Punk as Champion to debut a new WWE title. If he really is the voice of the people or a cult personality, why not have some him cut a promo about how he dislikes the design of the belt and that he wants a new design. Then have him ask us, the fans, what we want the belt to look like (on his twitter page or whatever).

Even if they were to only use the belt for Punk an no one else (like Stone Cold's smoking skull belt or Edge's Rated R belt) it would sell like crazy and that's all they care about.

Punk is the perfect champion for this. His gimmick fits perfect. The most opportune time would have been right after he left and came back....

If they're not going to change it, then just unify the championships and have the World title as THE belt.

Simply put the WWE Title NEEDS a re-design. It's just doesn't look right on anyone other than Cena. The World Title should NEVER be re-designed just because it looks awesome!

There is NO WAY the World Heavyweight Title should be redesigned. It is everything a wrestling title should be. It looks awesome and prestigious and does not look outdated at all.

Now, the WWE title. It desperately needs a revamp. The spinner design was fresh when it was introduced, and fitted the chracter of the then-incredibly popular John Cena, so it was fine for a little while. However, Cena hasn't been that "rapper" character in a long while, so the belt has become completely pointless. It must make alot of money in merchandise, or Vince would have scrapped it ages ago. Its spinning feature and "bling" appearance must appeal to little kids. However, times have changed and we need a better, more adult looking WWE title. It's an insult that the company's premier belt looks like it does.

Also, the tag titles need changing too, the Undisputed belts look shocking.

The World Heavyweight Title belt is the modern version of the Big Gold Belt, one of the oldest and most important belt designs. It was the NWA title, the WCW title, now the WWE's World Title. It shouldn't be touched.

The WWE title belt? It should never have ever been changed to the spinner design. The spinner design is absolutely terrible looking and always has been, it's tacky, and degrading to the championship. It's like a big toy. Same with the Divas title belt, jsut a horrible design that should never have seen the light of day.

The Undisputed title belt design should still be in place, that was a great design and still very modern.

the WWE championship looks extremely dated and could do with a more timeless design. The WHC is fine as it is for me and I would be disappointed if they changed the WHC unnecessarily before they re-did the WWE title

I would have to say "yes" for the WWE title but World Heavyweight is a high classic/icon belt. They need to and do away with the WWE spinner championship bring out something new that isn't shitty lousy looking liek the new WWE Tag Team belts. HOnesty I would like to see a Best in the World WWE championship created for CM Punk and they make a replica belt of that. I would love to have Jeff Hardy's TNA Immortal belt as a replica too.

The WHC should not be touched at all, that is perhaps my favorite belt of all time with the tradition and names that have held that championship. Plus eventhough some might think it is "plain", I think it is a great belt and from a different perspective, that belt gets WWE mainstream media attention (anyone remember Rasheed Wallace with the Pistons, the Packers Super Bowl win?)

The WWE title though I have never been a fan so I would say redesign it. Problem is, don't know what I would suggest since I don't think you need to bring back a traditional design (since you have the WHC and the traditional IWC belt back) but should be something that anyone could wear and not look funny. For example, could you imagine Mark Henry walking around with that belt? Just saying...

And unrelated, but please scrap the current tag team titles, although most people may not even know what they look like since it is the tag team division...

The WHC doesn't really need a re-design, because it not only has arguably the most classic design of all the belts in the WWE right now (aside from Rhodes' old-school IC belt) but also calls back to the days of WCW.

The WWE title though, I think everyone got over that design by mid 2008. CM Punk did say when he won it, he wanted to change it, and I think it's a damn shame that WWE never followed up on that. Even Cena himself said he feels the belt should be re-designed. I don't think they should re-design it just for the sake of it, but rather to signify the beginning of a new generation of WWE superstars.

Everyone seems to be in agreement we like the WHC belt and hate the WWE belt so the most obvious thing to do is unify the belt, keeping the WHC, and making it the true belt.

The World Heavy Weight Title is PERFECT It has prestige.

The WWE title NEEDS a redesign. It looks like a toy. I always loved the Undisputed Title Design

WWE_Undisputed_Championship_Belt.jpg

I wouldnt mind if they brought that design back.

If you ask me and the choice was mine... Unify the titles and make the world heavy weight title the one cold cut world title of the WWE.

the wwe championship has to get changed immediately. the championship doesn't look like a real championship belt. its crappy and played out. as for the world heavyweight championship, it should not be changed because it has prestige to it, and plus the big gold belt has a classic flair to it. so i think the heavyweight championship should stay the same, while the wwe championship should be changed.

I've always thought the WWE Title has looked ridiculous. (The Spinner Belt) I'm actually surprised that it lasted this long, only because I guess I always assumed it was a gimmick imposed by John Cena at the time, ala Stone Cold's belt back in the day. But I guess with the popularity its had, especially with sales, WWE doesn't want to let it go. =/

I have no problem with the World Heavyweight Championship.

The World Heavyweight Championship definitely doesn't need a change. It's fine the way it is and I think it's the most prestigious belt in history. Personally, I think it should be on RAW instead of the WWE Title. The WWE title needs to get a makeover. When that belt was introduced it was a spinner and it was innovative. Now the damn thing doesn't even spin!! It looks like a toy and should be blown up just like the U.S Spinner belt was. I think it needs a simple, easy, but prestigious look. A lot of people always say they want the old "Big Eagle" or the "Attitude" belt back but in my opinion they need a brand new design.

I agree with the talk about unifying the 2 World titles, however you cannot use the WHC title as the symbol of unification. That would symbolize the triumph of WCW over WWF/E. The WWE title should be used as the unified title and redesigned using either a former model of the WWE title, or a brand new one that brings some prestige back to the belt.

I'd like to see the World title get a little antiquing to it (so we can see the design because quite frankly its an awesome design just hard to see). The shape needs to change slightly (so its not HUGE).

The WWE title.... I'd like to see an amalgamation of the best titles of years past the Undisputed, Winged Eagle (Attitude) and the big WWE logo on it... but that's my 2 cents worth...

I think the WWE Champion definately needs changing. I was hoping that CM Punk would change it when he became champion as I remember reading about him not liking the current design.

I think a great idea would be to have somebody win the title and announce their dislike for the design, smash it to bits and reveal a new, more classic design.

Then somebody could take the broken belt, tape it up and revive the Hardcore division.

there have to change it within a year. Not because its a peice of shit, even though it is, but because the logo is changing. Their atleast going to wait until after wrestlemania.

There was an article on WWE.com long ago - 'Bring It Back! Any classic WWE title that's NOT the Spinner.' In fact, like magic, here is:

Consider that these 'Bring It Back!' articles have also suggested bringing back stuff like women's tag championships, animal mascots, and - as far as I can recall - segregated public transport; everything that's suggested in them isn't necessarily a good idea. Consider also that this is likely Joey Styles indulging himself, and that he likely wrote the article while nude from the waist down. However, the most interesting part of the article is the quotes - quotes which, naturally, aren't necessarily verbatim or even genuine in any sense. Part deux has Cena, Punk and Miz all denouncing the title, though they sound less like themselves and more like underpaid script writers.

Me - I don't hate the title that much. Sure, it's not exactly the embodiment of subtlety or class, but at some point you're going to have to remember this is professional wrestling you're watching and have to re-assess. Some people throw words like "legacy," "honour," and "prestige" around as if they actually mean anything in this world of oiled up men tossing each other about. They don't, at least not to the point that it really matters what the championship belts look like. The title is a prop and, though it's a little overdesigned, it just ain't that bad. I don't find my dick rising in hatred every time I see it like others seem to. I'm not saying I don't want a new title belt (I love new things, especially new things for the sake of new things) but I'm not absorbed by distaste for the current belt. If Punk ever decides to come out wearing, say, the winged eagle belt, I'd run round the room screaming like the twelve-year-old mark I am. I anticipate that every pay-per-view. No, seriously. I'll give up hope after WrestleMania, and not a second before.

They definitely need to redesign the wwe belt, they should have awhile ago. They don't have to go back to the classic undisputed belt, but do something other than the stupid spinner belt. I thought it was cool when the miz put the W as an M on the belt. That got him a lot of heat from the younger fans. They should do something with cm punks best in the world gimmick.

As for the world heavyweight championship, I don't think that it needs to be redesigned at all. It looks cool as all gold, and it should stay that way for a long time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back