Is anyone starting to get the feeling... [Umaga]

Wall_of_Jericho

Break Me Down.
That this amazing push Umaga is on is going to result in him defeating John Cena for the WWE title?

Cena's feud with Edge has run it's course [IMO] but I could be wrong, WWE could maybe pull another big gimmick match out the hat for these two to compete in.

So now Cena has dispossed of Edge, which major heels are left on RAW for him to feud with? My pick would be Orton but he keeps getting suspended with all these drug test violations lol so I don't know what WWE are going to do with him push-wise.

Chris Masters push is well and truly dead now after they hyped him so much, served a suspension only to come back and job to Super Crazy every week. Shelton Benjamin? Sure he has the talent but lacks the charisma, and now he appears to be on the slide...maybe TNA beckons for Shelton as he spends more time on Heat these days. Johnny Nitro? He has the look and charisma to be a good WWE superstar but doesn't have the in-ring talent to be a main event superstar.

So that leaves Umaga, the only major heel left on Raw, so I really am starting to get that sinking feeling the belt will be on Umaga in the coming months and of course were approaching that time of the year again, in a few months the "Road to Wrestlemania" begins. Umaga in the WM main event....not a pleasant thought huh?

On the flipside though, it's apparent WWE loves Cena with a passion, so maybe WWE will make Cena be the first man to defeat Umaga. Doesn't surprise me really if it does happen.

all i can say is that vince needs to do something now. eh, Umaga is boring, but i think he may be able to capture the title.

Weellllll, sum1 needs to take the belt off of Cena, they need a different champ. I like cena, but he needs to go back to bein a heel n rappin on the way to the ring. Right now its tiring watching the same thing every time. I'd hate for it to be Umaga tho, they need to make Cena a heel again. There's too many faces on Raw.

jacobthejeweler08 said:
Weellllll, sum1 needs to take the belt off of Cena, they need a different champ. I like cena, but he needs to go back to bein a heel n rappin on the way to the ring. Right now its tiring watching the same thing every time. I'd hate for it to be Umaga tho, they need to make Cena a heel again. There's too many faces on Raw.

Yeah your right, I totally forgot about Cena going heel lol.

Anything to stop Umaga being champion.

And as I said guys very soon we will be on the Wrestlemania countdown, if Umaga got the title soon there's a good chance he will go to 'mania as the champion!!

jacobthejeweler08 said:

great idea. they do need a new champ and to turn some of those faces heel and cena heel, but...problem with that, cena pushes merch and their merch sales would suck if cena was heel. but i see where you come from. another thing, SMACKDOWN! needs to be live, they have the camera crew, and everything...and i think they only reason some even watch raw more than smackdown is because sites like this have the spoilers for SD and if they read them, they know whats to come and they dont watch it. plus, i think they'd do really good live.

John Cena is gonna have merch sales regardless of whether hes a face or not, sure there will be a drop in the sales, but they're still gonna be high. I agree with SD! needing to be live, they also need sum more superstars because batista isnt cuttin it right now. They need to merge the roster again n get rid of all of the excess wrestlerst that arent being used, and give some deserving superstars a push. Probably not gonna happen, but a guy can dream

They need to have cena turn heel, send Edge, Jeff Hardy, Carlito, Haas/Benjamin, to SD and.....

BRING BACK JERICHO!!!!!!!!!! He seriously needs to come back soon, id love to see a Y2J vs. John Cena feud, despite Jericho bein a way better performer than Cena, i think with the intensity those two have, they could have some great matches.

That is what should happen instead of Jamal- I mean Umaga winning the WWE championship

jacobthejeweler08 said:
BRING BACK JERICHO!!!!!!!!!! He seriously needs to come back soon, id love to see a Y2J vs. John Cena feud, despite Jericho bein a way better performer than Cena, i think with the intensity those two have, they could have some great matches.

That is what should happen instead of Jamal- I mean Umaga winning the WWE championship

Well it would make sense storyline wise, afterall it was Cena that Jericho lost to when he got "fired" by Eric Bischoff.

i think jericho should come back. that would be fuckin ownage.

so its agreed that Y2J needs to come back n take the belt from Cena, n get his revenge for getting him "fired"?

For once everyone seems to agree with me

jawn87 said:
great idea. they do need a new champ and to turn some of those faces heel and cena heel, but...problem with that, cena pushes merch and their merch sales would suck if cena was heel. but i see where you come from. another thing, SMACKDOWN! needs to be live, they have the camera crew, and everything...and i think they only reason some even watch raw more than smackdown is because sites like this have the spoilers for SD and if they read them, they know whats to come and they dont watch it. plus, i think they'd do really good live.

That is so fkn stupid, why does evryone think this?? Cena is in the same position that Hogan was in in WCW in 1995-1996. People were sick of Hogan fighting for truth and justice and overcoming the odds and all that comic book, Saturday morning cartoons bullshit.

So, despite being scared to do it, they turned him heel. And what happened? Hogan's old ass was rejuvenated thru the Hollywood character and the man proceeded to sell more t-shirts than he had ever sold before. Fair enough that kids were no longer buying his stuff, but double the amount of teenagers and young adults were. And it didnt matter that he was being booed because he was supposed to be. It didnt matter that he couldnt wrestler coz he didnt have to be able to - he would cheat to win.

Cena selling t-shirts to kids is no excuse. He would sell even more to a different audience as a heel.

Umaga - Won't win the title on Raw, he will have feuds with top faces on raw(such as Kane, HHH, Micheals) to build his credibility, then be shipped to Smackdown to feud with Batista and eventually win the Smackdown Championship. Raw is the flagship, and it would not be good business sense to have Umaga represent it as champion

Cena/Hogan - You can't compare these two wrestlers at all, while Hogan's stance of Liberty and Saying you Prayers and whatever was growing stale, he still had the backing of all the fans. His swerve heel turn was completely dramatic, opened the door for a whole new fanbase, and was directly responsible for wcw being the #1 wrestling promotion. Cena, on the other hand, is someone who has a 50/50 fan support, and whether he is turned heel or not, will not have at all the same dramatic effect. In Cena's promo's, there is already a heel feel to them, and it has changed nothing in the perception of the fans.

Jericho - I see him returning to wrestling in early 2007, as much of what he wanted to accomplish he has accomplished, and his body has had adequately been rested. Only question that remains is: who will he wrestle for, wwe or tna. He does have loyalty to wwe, who made him a superstar, but most of his friends work for tna now, and a lighter schedule would be all too enticing. I pretty well see Jericho returning to wwe, but a switch to tna is also not out of the question.

healyz84 said:
Jericho - I see him returning to wrestling in early 2007, as much of what he wanted to accomplish he has accomplished, and his body has had adequately been rested. Only question that remains is: who will he wrestle for, wwe or tna. He does have loyalty to wwe, who made him a superstar, but most of his friends work for tna now, and a lighter schedule would be all too enticing. I pretty well see Jericho returning to wwe, but a switch to tna is also not out of the question.

I think the safe money would be on him coming back to WWE, as you say, they made him a star and he has a loyalty to Vince McMahon.

But after the Kurt Angle news this week, it shows anything can happen, so I wouldn't rule out him popping up in TNA.

Umaga holding the belt this day and age is a little bit odd. If this was like 93 through 97 then it would have made sense because of the whole "unbeatable monster" angle but it just won't work in this day and age. I'm looking for Umaga to challenge for the WWE Title but he most likely will not win it. He def will get a chance or two.

attila said:
That is so fkn stupid, why does evryone think this?? Cena is in the same position that Hogan was in in WCW in 1995-1996. People were sick of Hogan fighting for truth and justice and overcoming the odds and all that comic book, Saturday morning cartoons bullshit.

So, despite being scared to do it, they turned him heel. And what happened? Hogan's old ass was rejuvenated thru the Hollywood character and the man proceeded to sell more t-shirts than he had ever sold before. Fair enough that kids were no longer buying his stuff, but double the amount of teenagers and young adults were. And it didnt matter that he was being booed because he was supposed to be. It didnt matter that he couldnt wrestler coz he didnt have to be able to - he would cheat to win.

Cena selling t-shirts to kids is no excuse. He would sell even more to a different audience as a heel.

because it was hogan. Hulkamania, everyone loved him or hated him, yes people still bought his merch, but have you been to the shows lately, i went to the 4/17/06 supershow in st. louis, i saw nothing but kids and some teens with Cena this, Cena that, and i even bought a t-shirt for my cousin, and the person said to me "you know, we have never sold this much merchandise in the past for past wrestling shows, we are glad everyone loves this guy" and he may sell more to a diff audience as a heel, but he has sold more merch than hogan has ever in his career.

odds are jericho will come back to wwe just because of his loyalyt and the main reason that vince needs to do something about kurt goin to tna.....vince will do pretty much anything to get jericho to cum to the wwe....he doesn't have many options rite now...jericho is the best thing he can get in a short period of time

I totally agree if anyone needs to beat Cena its Jericho!
Welcome to RAW IS JERICHO!

I also wanted to say that I think John Cena beating Triple H for the Championship is a complete joke.
Triple H jobbing to John Cena should never happen, talk about a complete bad ass jobbing to a complete pussy, yeh right!

I see Umaga as nothing more than fish food.You make him look soooo good,sooo hot,sooo over,sooo unbeatable and then you feed him to someone who is going to be an even bigger fish.By beating Umaga,the new bigger,stronger fish looks even more powerful than Umaga.Because let's be honest,he doesn't actually "do" anything,does he?

^wrong, Umaga does do something, he hits people in their throat with his thumb. Thats about it tho, oh and the running butt slam. I really cant stand him tho, but i do like Armando, he's quite entertaining, he should manage someone with some ability like Shelton Benjamin, instead of jamal-i mean umaga

rick316 said:
I see Umaga as nothing more than fish food.You make him look soooo good,sooo hot,sooo over,sooo unbeatable and then you feed him to someone who is going to be an even bigger fish.By beating Umaga,the new bigger,stronger fish looks even more powerful than Umaga.Because let's be honest,he doesn't actually "do" anything,does he?

Very true, Umaga is uselss, this is why i'm so afraid WWE is so high on him that they give him the title belt.

But your theory definitely seems right I can see that happening.

Wall_of_Jericho said:
But your theory definitely seems right I can see that happening.

Thank you,I only say it because if anyone is able to remember beyond say,the last PPV,the same storylines are continually re-hashed with different names inserted into the scripts.This sort of thing has happened before and it'll happen again.The biggest 'fish food' I can think of is the late Yokozuna.Similar storyline,very few moves,had a manager,had a huge butt,oooh ooh here comes Hogan and BAM Hogan seems even bigger than if he were just beating a big guy on a regular run to a title.

I actually thought the same thing would happen with the Spirit Squad this year. Every week they keep going on beating people up 5-on-1, winning matches, bullying people and getting away with it, it keeps putting them over and making them seem bigger and better and no one can match their strength in numbers, then one week someone like Steve Austin makes a cameo appearance...BAM! STUNNER STUNNER STUNNER STUNNER and another STUNNER!! All 5 of them laid out in 2 minutes flat by one guy.

Would have been cool if that did happen, but it seems DX came along and killed their push by constantly owning them!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back