Umaga = Hall of Fame?

The Future Rises

Thinking Of A New Name..
umaga_288x288.jpg

A former two time Intercontinental Champion. Umaga is known as one of the most vicious and intimidating men in WWE history.

Eddie Fatu debuted as Umaga in 2006 after his former 3 Minute Warning partner Jamal AKA Rosey was released thus making him a singles competitor. And the WWE wasted no time in giving him a new gimmick and pushing him in a feud against Ric Flair. One of the all time greats in the business. Umaga would go on to be undefeated in 34 televised matches.

Umaga then entered a feud with Kane and beat him in a "Loser leaves Raw" match. Though the two would again face off at Cyber Sunday when Kane was chosen over Chris Benoit and The Sandman for a match against Umaga which saw Kane come up short again.

Umaga was then named the number one contender to John Cena who was the WWE champion back then. Cena then successfully defeated Umaga in a title match when he rolled him up for the pin thus ending his huge winning streak.

Umaga then allied himself with the McMahons(Vince and Shane) in a feud against Donal Trump and Umaga's Wrestlemania opponent Bobby Lashely. Though Umaga lost the "Battle of the billionaires" match which caused Vince McMahon to lose his hair. The McMahons still used Umaga as their muscle. Umaga then helped Vince McMahon defeat Bobby Lashley for the ECW World Championship in a handicap match. But Lashley regained the title at the One Night Stand Pay Per View in a street fight match despite Umaga's efforts.

Umaga then eventually won his second Intercontinental Championship after defeating the man who beat him for the title Santino Marella. Then shortly after Umaga turned face for the first time in his WWE career siding with John Cena to take on Randy Orton and Carlito. Umaga then successfully defended his Intercontinental Title against Mr.Kennedy and Carlito at Summerslam.

Umaga's face turn was cut short when Umaga turned heel again by attacking Jeff Hardy during a match. Umaga then lost his Intercontinental Title to Hardy on the next week's edition of Raw. Later that night he was place in a handicap match teaming with Carlito to take on Triple H. Triple H "injured" Umaga by assaulting him with his signature sludgehammer. Thus entering feud with Triple H and facing him at No Mercy for the WWE championship which Triple H just won in the opener defeating Randy Orton. After Umaga lost to Triple H he went on to face him at Survivor Series in a traditional elimination tag which Umaga's team lost.

Umaga then started feuding with Batista but lost to him at Wrestlemania. Umaga then re entered a feud with Jeff Hardy. Which say Hardy beat Umaga in a Falls Count Anywhere match at One Night Stand.

Umaga was then drafted to Smackdown. Where he had a short lived feud with The Big Show and Mr.Kennedy. Then Umaga suffered an injury in a match against Jeff Hardy. Umaga then returned to action by squashing Jimmy Wang Yang. But then lost to Triple H by disqualification.

After a short hiatus. Umaga returned by attacking CM Punk on several occasions and defeating him at the Judgement Day Pay Per View. Umaga then spoke English for the first time in his WWE career challenging Punk to a Samoan Strap Match. Umaga then went on to wrestle his last WWE match losing to Punk in the Samoan Strap Match at the Extreme Rules Pay Per View.

Umaga was released from his WWE contract after he failed a drug test and refused to go to rehab.

Your thoughts on Umaga's WWE career? Is he Hall of Fame worthy? And do you think he will be inducted in the future?

Hall Of Fame worthy? Absolutely not. However, I enjoyed the first run the Umaga character had. However his second run( after his absence ) I didn't care for it at all. He just seemed out of place for some reason. Also the absence of a manger hurt the character, because without a proper mouth piece he was just another character who had no direction. I don't see anything he did in his career to make him worthy of a Hall of Fame induction, no disrespect to the man but he only held the Intercontinental championship once. I think he deseveres a mention every so often but that is about it.

lolwat? Not a chance. He was a decent worker and everything but damn he's already been forgotten by most. He never did anything worthy of being in any kind of Hall of Fame unless you're going to put an entire family in.

I know everyone gets all emotional about their favorite wrestlers passing, but not all of them deserve the hall of fame recognition. I mean, you wouldn't put Test in the HOF would you? He accomplished just as much as Umaga.

Not even close. Had alot of talent and like many died way too young. Could have been a monster for years if WWE could draw a storyline more than a month long. Estrada was gold and they squashed him for getting face heat with the rrrrrrrroll. Umaga was a legit talent but the Hall of Fame should be reserved for legends. I believe the WWE has been very linient at who they have put in their along with their obvious omissions (Sammartino,Savage). But if Koko can make it he's got a shot.

lolwat? Not a chance. He was a decent worker and everything but damn he's already been forgotten by most. He never did anything worthy of being in any kind of Hall of Fame unless you're going to put an entire family in.

I know everyone gets all emotional about their favorite wrestlers passing, but not all of them deserve the hall of fame recognition. I mean, you wouldn't put Test in the HOF would you? He accomplished just as much as Umaga.

It's not like that at all. Me personally I wouldn't mind seeing Umaga in the Hall of Fame if freaking Koko B'Ware is worthy then why not a guy who was strong, agile, fast, and had a unique look which all got him a push as a serious threat to the WWE title?

Plus his run was somewhat memorable being involved with the McMahons and representing them at Wrestlemania. I have a WM23 DVD. Umaga was in such a a great shape back then. And had a good match with Bobby Lashley.

Plus he beat Shawn Michaels and Ric Flair. Two Hall of Famers.. And he was a two time Intercontinental champion.

Like I said if someone like Koko B'Ware is in. Then Umaga deserves it too.

I don't see anything he did in his career to make him worthy of a Hall of Fame induction, no disrespect to the man but he only held the Intercontinental championship once. I think he deseveres a mention every so often but that is about it.

Well he did represent the McMahons at Wrestlemania. Beat HBK. Beat Flair.. Plus he held the IC title two times not only once. I think the man deserves to be in considering there are some guys in the HOF who deserve it less.. WAY LESS.

The only way Umaga should be in the HOF is with the other Samoans/Islanders who aren't quite at that position. That way you can include people like Rikishi, Barbarian, Yoko and others.

Well he did represent the McMahons at Wrestlemania. Beat HBK. Beat Flair.. Plus he held the IC title two times not only once. I think the man deserves to be in considering there are some guys in the HOF who deserve it less.. WAY LESS.

So defeating a couple of hall of famers in your career means you get a hof spot yourself? Kinda shitty logic there. That's like a ponzi scheme. It's just not reasonable and think how far that would go. Not being rude but that's about as ill-conceived as an arguminative point can be. By those same standards (outside of the McMahon match) Shelton Benjamin would be hof eligible. He has clean wins over HHH, flair, Jericho, and Orton. All sure fire HOF's.

This is not me petitioning for shelton. This is just me saying that beating a couple hof's doesn;t make you a hall of famer by proxy.

The guy had a good career, but in no feasible way is he worthy of the hof.

I hate when people are in their prime after they die. Think about it, you know what i mean.

He quit WWE because he refused to go into rehab because he failed the wellness policy twice. He died due to drugs...he was in a few great matches and memorable storylines but, yeah, he's not going in the HOF until they get really desperate (as in people like Brooklin Brawler have already gone in desperate).

Apart from that you have to remember his previous role in 3MW and what a botching/bodily harm inflicting douche bag he was...

No no no no no no no no....

Seriously are you even asking this with a straight face?!??!?!?!?!?!

Yes the WWE lets in people from time to time that probably don't deserve entrance (koko b ware is one of them), but something koko has in common with those other entries that arent quite needed is that they lasted for a LONG period of time... While I agree that Umaga was dominant during his periods in the company, he didn't last long enough nor make a lasting impact to deserve HOF status..... Yes it's sad that he died in the way he did... It doesn't take away from the fact that he's not even 2nd in line in his family tree to need to be potentially enshrined..... He's a DISTANT 3rd behind both Yokozuna (who should be enshrined) and even behind Rikishi (who could be the "hey he's the 4th/5th inductee this year" person...)... This is also not counting the fact that the Rock is a relative of all of these people but I'm not counting him here... still no, Umaga had too short a hold on the mainstream and whille alright, didnt grab enough to be a HOF'er, regardless of how he died

No, why would he be?

Umaga had a couple of decent years in the WWE, held the IC title twice, had 1 or 2 title matches and was in 1 fairly high-profile match at WM.

That's all. This is not a HOF worthy career.

Umaga has left no lasting impression on the wrestling business, he had no classic matches, never cut a good promo (due to his gimmick) and really isnt that memorable at all. He was a decent enough wrestler to be fair, but it should take more than that to get yourself into the WWE HOF. There are literally 100 more deserving wrestlers of that accolade than Umaga. He shouldn't even be a consideration, and I do not think he will be.

Depends. If certain celebrities can get in based on one Royal Rumble appearance or a couple of squashes by Kane then surely Umaga would deserve to go in based on a successful run in the midcard for a couple of years and participating in the huge hair VS hair match at Wrestlemania 23. Now, disregarding that argument, no I do not think he will be inducted anytime soon because he did not do anything particularly amazing in his career. There are over a hundred names more deserving that should go in before Umaga does. Perhaps some day a long time in the future.

I don't think he did enough to have a good enough career.

I mean let's look at some people who are not in the Hall of Fame I would like to see go in.

Benoit- Ok not going to happen but if it was up to me he would be in since I think he acted out of insanity. Not justifying it but I don't hate him as many do.

Owen Hart- Another one that won't happen but he should've been WWF Champ and even though he wasn't, HE accomplished a lot and I enjoyed Owen's in ring work more than I enjoyed Bret's.

Yokozuna- Two time WWF Champ, 1993 Royal Rumble winner, true legend, why is he not in?

Bruno Sammartino- Longest reigning WWWF champion ever. Need I say more?

British Bulldog- Accomplished loads during his time there and was a really good upper midcarder and put on good matches.

Macho Man Randy Savage- No explanation necessary.

Ultimate Warrior- At one point was probably as big, if not bigger than Hogan. Had good IC and WWF title reigns who was really unique and really stood out. He pinned Hogan CLEAN at Wrestlemania for the WWF title.

Demolition- The longest reigning tag team champions of all time and one of the greatest.

Trish Stratus- Held so many Women's champions. Perhaps the greatest of all time.

Lita- Her and Trish WERE the Divas Division and they really made it what it was.

Vader- Has accomplished enough in other promotions to be a Hall of Famer and is regarded as a legend.

Razor Ramon- Despite Hall's alcoholic problems no doubt he was a major player in the NWO storyline, he INITIATED it. He would've been a great choice for WWF champion and have been highly entertaining. Terrific IC champ. Had a legendary ladder match at Wrestlemania 10 and some think the rematch at Summerslam 1995 was even BETTER.

Diesel- With Nash back in the WWE, a year long WWF Championship reign should be good enough.

Bob Backlund- Has declined since he thinks he can still go; but it's Bob Backlund.

And I probably forgot some. Look, it's sad Umaga died. May he R.I.P. but when you compare Umaga to all of those people, Umaga did not have a Hall of Fame career. THOSE PEOPLE did.

He didnt really have a HOF career now did he. He was there for about a year, had maybe one or two good rivalries then died. I know he was a key part in WM at one point but hes not making it in any time soon.

I'd give him a vote based on the fact he used to buy pot from me, but that's it. We could all rattle off at least a hundred names that deserved to be in before Umaga.

You see this is the kind of stuff that give the Iwc a bad name. Koko B. Ware is worthy of the hall of fame rather you want to believe it or not. Plus his midsouth and memphis wrestling days was where he was putting on amazing matches day in and day out and let's not forget the pops he got during his early days in the wwe people seems to forget the classic match he had with flair now maybe you never seen his midsouth matches but you neither or I have the right to denied him of anything. I do agree that umaga should be in the hall of fame

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back