Umaga... talks

didn't people like kane before he began speaking? but they still liked him when he spoke...i feel that creative is cooking something big for umaga's character coz he never spoke english before so i guess now they will give him a character that people can understand more and i hope that umaga gets a shot at the big one

Ok you can argue that Umaga speaking was inevitable in the new WWE, but in the old WWF it likely wouldn't have happened. "Monsters" back then stayed monsters ie Kamala, Afa & Sika, Missing Link, etc. Even when a "Monster" spoke it was part of a comedy skit ie George Steel being electrified and then speaking "how now brown cow".

Beyond that though the most shocking thing to me was the complete lack of followup from commentary on it! How do you justify not even bringing up that Umaga who hasn't uttered a word on english on tv in almost half a decade suddenly grabs a mic and issues a challenge in perfect english! Not even a simple 'Who new?!' or a Joey Styles-esq 'OMG!'

I don't think that it's going to ruin Umaga...but what I did think was funny, was on SD! last week or the week before when Umanga was facing John Morrison, at the beginning of the match Umaga said "come on boy" to Morrison...to which Morrison replied, "ohh yeah, I forgot you can talk now"

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back