Int Region, Fourth Round, Hell In A Cell: (2) Randy Savage vs. (11) Batista

Who Wins This Match?

• Randy Savage

• Batista

Results are only viewable after voting.
Randy has routinely lost to wrestlers that were bigger and stronger than him and I've never exactly seen Savage display feats of strength. The only two guys who have gotten clean wins over Batista have been Cena and Undertaker. Randy always played second fiddle to Hogan even when he was champion for a year and no one can tell me otherwise. Batista all the way.

It's amazing how selective your memory is. Rey Mysterio has multiple victories over Batista, including a steel cage match. When has Rey ever displayed feats of strength?

Just something to throw out there but if we look at the last matches, Randy apparently had an easy ride through in his Ladder Match (garnering 4 votes to every single vote Rey got) but Batista only squeaked through in an absolute war with his old nemesis Triple H. As such, the Macho Man should kayfabe be the more physically capable guy here.

I haven't actually made my decision yet but I thought it was a point that many would like considered.

Batista's record in matches like this speak for itself. Savage would put up a fight against The Animal, but it wouldn't last long. Before too long, Savage would be busted open and Batista would only be getting stronger. If this is in the old cell, Savage wouldn't have a chance because of the low ceiling. If this is in the newer cell, it's closer, but Batista would still win.

Winner: Batista with a Batista Bomb on the Steel Steps.

Except you know Shawn Micheals had Kane to help him. Undertaker had a broken arm against Brock. Kane needed Paul Bearer's help and Kurt Angle? You mean in a Six Man Match where Taker wasn't pinned. This sounds very convincing about why Batista's accomplishment lacks anything. He arguably outside of Brock performed the best out of all of them in that match as Taker would have won all of those matches if his opponent's didn't have help.

Including the one against Batista: not a big deal.

So the Cell favors Batista anybody will agree with that. Let's add the fact Batista did something Savage never did and that was beat the Number one guy. Batista pinned Cena 100% clean what win does Randy have that is as good as that. If he can match that Batista has several victories over Undertaker, Triple H, Randy Orton, and a plethora of others.

I've just posted a video of him beating the Ultimate fucking Warrior. Do you understand how difficult and rare that is? He's also beaten Ric Flair. And Sting. And Hulk Hogan. Bret Hart? Sure. Oh and Andre The Giant. All of whom are bigger than the people on your list.

I accidently voted for Savage at the begging so taking this as my apology to Dave Batista.

This is the sort of mistake I'd expect from a Batista voter.

I went with Batista. That clean victory over HHH, a master of HIAC matches, is a pretty significant victory no matter what you say. I cannot see how anyone can justify Savage winning a cage match via interference and escaping the cage as proof that he would beat Batista in a HIAC match. You cannot escape from the cage in a HIAC match, you have got to pin your opponent 1-2-3 something that Savage did not manage to do often against big guys be it with or without interference.

It's true, folks. Big, muscular guys from Hogan to Warrior to Lex freakin Luger have all had Savage's number in his heydey. Batista, the guy with a great look, and adequate mic and ring skills would have been a huge main eventer in the late 80s, early 90s and would have beaten Savage on most occasions.

I must add though that I really have little problem with either guy progressing here. I just do not think Savage can beat Batista inside a cell.

Winner: Batista

Except you know Shawn Micheals had Kane to help him. Undertaker had a broken arm against Brock. Kane needed Paul Bearer's help and Kurt Angle? You mean in a Six Man Match where Taker wasn't pinned. This sounds very convincing about why Batista's accomplishment lacks anything. He arguably outside of Brock performed the best out of all of them in that match as Taker would have won all of those matches if his opponent's didn't have help.

Yeah, but Batista's victory over Taker in HiaC is just as illegitimate as any of those other ones. It involved Edge, dressed as a cameraman spearing the hell out of Undertaker if my memory serves me. I know he was dressed as a cameraman.

That still leaves the HHH victory. The thing about the HHH victory is, as we established in the HHH vs. Batista match in Round Three, Batista has HHH's number. I think that's what that match came down to, rather than Batista being good in HiaC matches.

Or does it? Batista still beat HHH in HiaC. He still beat Undertaker, more to the point, he still stayed fairly even with Undertaker throughout a HiaC match, which is no small feat. And of course there's the strength factor – is Batista the kind of guy that Savage would lose to? But then why did he beat Brock? Ah well. Of course then there's the fact that Savage never competed in HiaC.

But he did compete in several cage matches, and, as people have pointed out, did pretty well in them. And Savage was, without a doubt, booked as a great in-ring competitor. And he is still considered one of the all time greats. So is it really fair to put Batista, who will never be placed on Savage's level over Savage regardless of the stipulation?

As you can see I'm still undecided. Please someone convince me.

I want to be a dick here. I want to vote for Macho Man merely because I just like him a lot more and because Batista gave one amazing run at the very end of his career, which shows how capable he could have been if he wasn't lazy and just didn't care enough about the fans. He did deliver some good matches, but they were more to line his pocket than anything. His last character couldn't have been closer to the truth, which is probably why it worked, the best characters emulate and amplify the reality. Macho Man is the exact opposite of that. He loved to be out there, worked hard for his physique, his spot, everything he accomplished and probably should have had a better career because of it. Besides, Macho Man in real life was a really good guy from most people's accounts, always willing to put a guy over (if you listen to DDP's little anecdote about 'taking the Diamond Cutter) and few guys had a bad word to say about him. Batista. Well, I'll refer you to the comment of... <ahem> "Greet White Sam" to open this thread, but the condensed version is he's an absolute ********.

But that's not very formulaic. So I'll try a teenie bit harder.

Macho Man was a one-of-a-kind character, never duplicated but sometimes replicated (Jay Lethal, brother). He's also a mainstream icon still now despite never having a career as good as Batista's was. He was also proven to be quite handy in a cage, whilst Batista did well in HIAC structures, Macho Man did better in open-topped cages which amplified the gulf in agility between him and certain opponents (Ultimate Warrior, much more agile guy than Batista).

On top of all this, as pointed out, Macho Man has already beaten the more impactful, effective and all round better Batista earlier in the tournament. Why should this slower, less dominant model go over him now?

I can't really hope to convince people to vote Macho Man based upon that only but I don't want to drag this out because I probably would have voted Macho Man over in most stipulations here. It's the cream of the crop, rising to the top..... up... and over the cage for me here.

Tough match here. I guess that should be expected as we get into the later rounds. Both these guys were considered the number two guys of their respective eras. Batista has a more impressive resume because there happened to be two world titles during his era. If there were two world titles during Savage&#8217;s era I&#8217;m sure he would have a lot more reigns. Savage is the bigger name but I&#8217;m not sure he can overcome Batista.

Maybe Sherri can concoct some kind of potion in her cauldron that would weaken Batista. It didn&#8217;t quite work in 1989 against Hogan but I don&#8217;t know if drinking the sweat from the devil&#8217;s armpit will have the same rejuvenation powers for Batista as it did for Hogan. I&#8217;m sure many of you are wondering what I&#8217;m smoking right now but I&#8217;m not making this up. You had to be there.

Anyway, I&#8217;m leaning toward Batista here. I see this playing out similar to WM7. Savage would go all out and hit Batista with everything he has but eventually Batista will overpower him and pin an exhausted Savage. I think Savage will look great in defeat and bump like crazy for Batista but in the end Batista will be the one with his hand raised. I&#8217;ll hold off for a bit on my official vote but I think it will go to Batista.

Randy has routinely lost to wrestlers that were bigger and stronger than him and I've never exactly seen Savage display feats of strength. The only two guys who have gotten clean wins over Batista have been Cena and Undertaker. Randy always played second fiddle to Hogan even when he was champion for a year and no one can tell me otherwise. Batista all the way.

I think you didnt get me,what said randy beat brock in THIS tourney,so he'd fair against batista,clear?

I think you didnt get me,what said randy beat brock in THIS tourney,so he'd fair against batista,clear?

I don't see why it's a stretch at all that Savage could beat Brock but lose to Batista. Batista is more accomplished, better resume, better draw, and every bit as powerful. You have to remember that Brock Lesnar's career spans two years and those years were considered down years in the WWE. Batista became champ and business actually picked up. Thus, I'd rank Batista well higher than Brock and say he has a much better chance against Randy Savage.

That all said, I haven't decided who to vote for yet. This one actually is tough but I'll eventually make a decision. Leaning Batista I think though.

I don't see why it's a stretch at all that Savage could beat Brock but lose to Batista. Batista is more accomplished, better resume, better draw, and every bit as powerful. You have to remember that Brock Lesnar's career spans two years and those years were considered down years in the WWE. Batista became champ and business actually picked up. Thus, I'd rank Batista well higher than Brock and say he has a much better chance against Randy Savage.

That all said, I haven't decided who to vote for yet. This one actually is tough but I'll eventually make a decision. Leaning Batista I think though.

Might have something to do with the fact that despite having a longer career than Brock, despite having a "better resume" as you call it, Batista is shit in the ring. Unlike Brock, once you get past the power aspect, Batista has zero actual wrestling skill to fall back on. I don't care about who was a draw, what the business was like at the time, I care about their in-ring ability, their skills. Brock Lesnar is 10x the wrestler Batista ever was, and yet Savage still beat him.

I'm really hating Int Region 4th Round right about now. Too dang hard.
On one hand, you have Savage, who, in his prime, would thrive in this match type.
The other, you have Batista, who has defeated Taker and HHH in this match type.
I'm going out on a limb and saying Batista, but I'm not setting it in stone. Open to convincing for Savage.

Not sure which to vote on. Savage is agile and can adapt to the cell well and Savage's manager could interfere and distract Batista so then Savage could get an easy attack. Since Batista is pretty big and strong, Savage can go all out and give Batista everything he's got, but as time goes by and the match gets longer Savage could get worn down. Savage can take a beating though, so I'm stuck on this one. He's good with foreign objects which there are more than plenty of in the cell, but I am not sure which to vote on. I think I'll just wait to vote.

Batista is more accomplished, better resume, better draw, and every bit as powerful.
Really?Batista is better than lesnar?Batista will NEVER be the wrestler lesnar is. He's bit better on mic but still way behind.Better draw?Lesnar one of the reasons the blue brand kicked raws ass two years in a row.Brock was a beast.The WWE didnt spend 5 mil $ for nothing.The other thing that batistas better than lesnar is banging chicks in the back.

Not that it matters much at this point but I'm changing my mind and voting for Savage. When I think of Savage at his best I think of him as a face and as WWF world champion. I think Savage at his best could beat Batista at his best. Batista was at his best in 2005. He came out of nowhere to win the Royal Rumble and looked great aginst Triple H. He still did well after the feud with Triple H but he seemed to lose a little momentum after moving to Smackdown. He did well against JBL, Booker T, and Khali but struggled against Edge, Undertaker, and Cena. I think Savage fits in more with the guys Batista struggled against. I wouldn't be bothered by either guy moving on but I decided to give Savage my vote.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back