Int Region, Fourth Round, Hell In A Cell: (2) Randy Savage vs. (11) Batista

Who Wins This Match?

• Randy Savage

• Batista

Results are only viewable after voting.

klunderbunker

Welcome to My (And Not Sly's) House
This is a fourth round match in the International Region. It will be a Hell In A Cell match. It will be held at the Tokyo Dome in Tokyo, Japan.

tokyodome32.jpg

Rules: The match will take place inside the Hell In A Cell cage. Anything goes inside and the match is won by pinfall or submission. Falls must take place in the ring.

savage.jpg

#2. Randy Savage

Vs.

url

#11. Batista

This match takes place 1 week after round 3.

Polls will be open for four days following a one day period for discussion. Voting will be based on who you feel is the greater of the two competitors. Post your reasons for why your pick should win below. Remember that this is non-spam and the most votes in the poll win. Any ties will be broken by the amount of posts of support for each candidate, with one vote per poster.

Also remember that this is a non-spam forum. If you post a response without giving a reason for your selection, it will be penalized for spam and deleted.

Bonesaw_McGraw_(Earth-200253).jpg

BONESAW IS REAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAADDDDDDDDDDDDDDDYYYYYYYYYY!

All kidding aside, I just cannot bring myself to vote for Batista against Randy Savage. Randy Savage in his prime, as a heel, would have thrived in a match like this, as he is no stranger to cage matches, no stranger to using foreign obstacles against opponents, and lets face it...we all want to see Randy Savage give Batista a Flying Elbow Drop from the top of the cell. Batista can dish out a lot of punishment...but then again, Savage can absorb a lot of punishment.

Plus, think about this: Randy Savage has already defeated Brock Lesnar in this tournament, so clearly he can defeat big men. If Savage can defeat Lesnar, he can defeat Batista.

Wanna know who Batista has beaten in Hell in a Cell? The Undertaker and Triple H. Based on those two names alone, I'm prepared to consider Batista a serious contender for best HIAC competitor ever. You know how Jim Ross is always calling HIAC "Satan's playground"? Well Batista is Satan. Don't believe me? Just asked Melina, who Batista was fucking while his wife was dying of cancer. OOOOHHHHH YEEEAAAHHH. Let's see Randy Savage try to snap into that.

Vote: Batista

Well Batista is Satan. Don't believe me? Just asked Melina, who Batista was fucking while his wife was dying of cancer. OOOOHHHHH YEEEAAAHHH. Let's see Randy Savage try to snap into that.

This might very well be the funniest thing I've ever read on Wrestlezone. My lord... so wrong yet it's so right.

Anyway, back to the matchup...

I always said I would vote Savage until the day I die... at least until I saw this matchup and match-type. Everything Coco said is undeniably true. I know Savage has been bitten by a cobra and has been through bloody wars in the ring but this is just a really tough spot that he's in.

I really have to marinate on this for a while.

Randy Savage has this match! If Macho got by Brock Lesnar and got by Rey Mysterio in a ladder, then Savage can defeat Batista. Batista barely got by Triple H. Batista can give a lot of pain, but Macho can take the pain. Savage will also find ways to use the cell as a weapon. Macho Man, will never give up!

My Vote: Randy "Macho Man" Savage DIG IT!!!!!

Tough call. as people as said Batista has success in the Cell and is far stronger than Savage, But the Macho Man is the freaking Macho Man. OOOOOOH YEEEAAAAAH UNDECIDED

Randy Savage has this match! If Macho got by Brock Lesnar and got by Rey Mysterio in a ladder, then Savage can defeat Batista.

You act as like beating Brock Lesnar is similar to beating Funaki. I can guarantee you that Savage had a tough time with Lesnar and he also faced Mysterio.

Batista barely got by Triple H. Batista can give a lot of pain, but Macho can take the pain. Savage will also find ways to use the cell as a weapon. Macho Man, will never give up!

My Vote: Randy "Macho Man" Savage DIG IT!!!!!

There's not many ways that you can use the cell as a weapon except for throwing somebody into it and I see Batista doing that to Savage.

Batista is a moron. You've seen it in his promos, you've seen it in Neighbours, you've seen it in the wrestling ring, but more often than not you've seen it in gimmick matches. People bring up his wins against Undertaker and Triple H. Good point. Except the reason those two wrestlers win is usually down to mind games. Yeah, well you can't play mind games against someone who was born without brains. What you can do however, is outsmart them, and that is what Savage will do to win. Batista lost a cage match because he observed Jericho dismantling the cage before using a piece of it to punch Batista with. Batista lost a last man standing match because he got his legs sellotaped together. Batista lost to Edge multiple times, including the time that Ryder and Hawkins dressed up like Edge. Batista is an idiot, and Savage will exploit that.

Savage can take one hell of a beating, and keep going. We should establish that first and foremost.

Also, he can last a whole lot longer than Batista ever could. Savage would take the beating, stretch the match out, catch Batista tiring, and take it.

I'm voting Savage mainly due to his undying motor. Savage has survived worse.

I could argue that HHH can last better than Batista ever could. After all, the man has been in two Iron Man matches. I remember their encounter in Hell in a Cell. I forgot who won that one so someone will have to refresh my memory. The average length of time in singles HIAC matches is around 25 minutes. Batista has won two in 21 and 27 minutes. I don't think this match is going to go past 30. Warrior took five elbow drops from Savage and still picked up the victory. In terms of big matches, Savage routinely lost. The same will happen here.

Batista.

I'm leaning towards Batista. The guy not only became Smackdown's monster after Brock Lesnar left, but he became so good at the role that I don't think I've ever heard anyone call him a "poor man's Lesnar."

Batista was always a force in the ring, an immediate threat to nearly everyone he ever faced. He beat HHH three separate times on PPV, Kane never amounted any sort of pinfall victory over the man at all, and he was so convincing that many fans [myself included] were convinced that he was going to end the Streak at Mania.

Not only were his strength and power practically unparalleled, but he wasn't a slouch in the ring and his stamina was impessive, as shown with his matches against John Cena.

I think Batista's explosive power, and hot temperment, coupled with his merciless demeaner would be too much for Macho to over come in such an extreme setting.

I am going for the less experienced man here with Randy Savage, savage in probably as strong as Batista and more agile as well as just as willing to tap into a sadistic side plus in terms of booking I think Savage would get the nod over Batista in their individual primes

Vote Savage

I am going for the less experienced man here with Randy Savage, savage in probably as strong as Batista and more agile as well as just as willing to tap into a sadistic side plus in terms of booking I think Savage would get the nod over Batista in their individual primes

Vote Savage

I don't drink but your posts will drive me to alcoholism before today is over.

When has Savage ever, ever, ever, ever resembled anything close to displaying the strength that Batista has exhibited. Batista has Batista Bombed guys like Undertaker, Kane, and Umaga. Don't give me that shit about Macho's sadistic side. I've seen Batista display the same side as well.

I'm embarrassed.

Undertaker and Triple H. Two names synonymous with Hell in a Cell. Two men who have fallen at the hands of Batista inside the Cell. Batista has been in two, and won two. He simply rules the match type. Savage is a marvellous talent, but Batista's already proven himself as capable of defeating stars that have beaten Savage (Yokozuna and Ricky Steamboat) and men that are roughly the same star size as Savage (Triple H). Batista is very capable of winning this match and don't let anyone tell you otherwise.

I like Savage. Not all that fond of Batista. But Batista has a proven record inside the Hell in a Cell, something Savage has not.

Batista is stronger than Savage. Savage is faster than Batista, but inside the Hell in a Cell, what does speed really contribute? It going to help you climb the cell faster? Strength allows you to dominate your opponent, obliterating them into the cell, shredding their epidermis, causing them to bleed and blood loss would totally cancel out the endurance factor. You can't keep going when half your bodies blood content is spilled on the floor.

Batista would dominate Savage. Randy would make it a good match, but Dave would hit the Batista Bomb and get the victory. Nothing too complicated about this.

I'm still undecided. In a one on one contest this is a Savage win. However, as people have pointed out, Batista has done very well in Hell in a Cell matches – wins over Triple H and Undertaker in Hell in a Cell are no small feat.

That being said, I would have never, in a million years, have predicted that Batista would make it this far in the tournament, and have a chance of beating Randy Savage in the fourth round.

Does anyone actually remember how Batista won that match against the Undertaker? Oh I do. I seem to remember the Undertaker tombstoning Big Dave on a set of steel steps and having him beat dead to rights. Then this little thing happened. Some guy named Edge, posing as a cameraman, busted the Undertaker upside the skull with a camera. So Edge, a camera to the skull, a conchairto, and Edge dragging an unconscious Batista on top of the Undertaker is how Batista won that match. So please, let's end this myth of Batista being this unbeatable monster in Hell in a Cell. His ass was sufficiently handed to him that night. Unless Big Dave has Edge on his payroll, I'm not counting Savage out.

Savage is smarter than Batista, well who isnt... But that isnt exactly sound logic. HHH is the cerebral assasin, named so because he is underhanded and smart similar to how Savage was. Well, Batista beat HHH in this match type so.... being smart isnt a huge factor. This isnt a science test. Batista is a dumb monster but he is plenty strong and smart enough to powerbomb Savage as many times as necessary.

Blood will flow from both men. Cage, steps, probably a chain, a few chairs and whatever else is under the ring will be used. Batista will take an elbow or 2 but Im not sure Savage would keep him down. Batista would nail Savage harder than he did the ****e from MNM. A well placed powerbomb on a tired, beaten and bloody Savage wins this for Batista.

This should be Lesnar vs Batista but Savage somehow got the vote. Again, I say that Savage shouldnt have won that. Alas it is what it is.

I just dont see Savage winning this. His record against guys of this size\strenght isnt spectacular. Batista though has destroyed many opponents that are similar to Savage in size and ability.

Batista Bomb around the 30 minute mark.

Does anyone actually remember how Batista won that match against the Undertaker? Oh I do. I seem to remember the Undertaker tombstoning Big Dave on a set of steel steps and having him beat dead to rights. Then this little thing happened. Some guy named Edge, posing as a cameraman, busted the Undertaker upside the skull with a camera. So Edge, a camera to the skull, a conchairto, and Edge dragging an unconscious Batista on top of the Undertaker is how Batista won that match. So please, let's end this myth of Batista being this unbeatable monster in Hell in a Cell. His ass was sufficiently handed to him that night. Unless Big Dave has Edge on his payroll, I'm not counting Savage out.

But that was against the Undertaker though, a guy that would beat the utter fuck out of anyone in HIAC not named Kane, Brock Lesnar, or Stone Cold. If this were Taker vs Savage in HIAC I doubt hardly anyone would be voting for the latter.

Batista defeating Undertaker in HIAC means he can handle nearly anyone in such an extreme environment, and that would include Savage as well. What could Savage do to put Batista down that the Undertaker couldn't? It certainly wouldn't come down to someone having to interfere on Batista's behalf in order for him to beat Savage.

The Undertaker has lost to the following in a hell in a cell match:

Shawn Michaels
Brock Lesnar
Batista
Kane
Kurt Angle

And until he beat Triple H at this year's WrestleMania, he didn't even have a winning record in the match. Beating Undertaker at Hell in a Cell is an overrated achievement. Especially when you consider that the manner that Batista won was completely ridiculous. I'm pretty sure Edge won't be dipping his wick into this one, so why bring it up?

Regardless of that, what do Triple H and Undertaker have in common with Savage? Very little stylistically. You know what match is like a hell in a cell match? Steel Cage match. You know who is similar (but a harder to beat version) to Batista? Ultimate Warrior.

Oh. Well, I see, rather than being interference against Undertaker, this is interference for Savage. Therefore more relevant. Also, and here's the clincher, he uses the lack of rules to his advantage throughout. Given that Savage basically wins this match by tricking Warrior, and Batista has lost a shit ton of matches by being tricked, I think Savage would be ok in this one.

The Undertaker has lost to the following in a hell in a cell match:

Shawn Michaels
Brock Lesnar
Batista
Kane
Kurt Angle

And until he beat Triple H at this year's WrestleMania, he didn't even have a winning record in the match. Beating Undertaker at Hell in a Cell is an overrated achievement. Especially when you consider that the manner that Batista won was completely ridiculous. I'm pretty sure Edge won't be dipping his wick into this one, so why bring it up?

Regardless of that, what do Triple H and Undertaker have in common with Savage? Very little stylistically. You know what match is like a hell in a cell match? Steel Cage match. You know who is similar (but a harder to beat version) to Batista? Ultimate Warrior.

Oh. Well, I see, rather than being interference against Undertaker, this is interference for Savage. Therefore more relevant. Also, and here's the clincher, he uses the lack of rules to his advantage throughout. Given that Savage basically wins this match by tricking Warrior, and Batista has lost a shit ton of matches by being tricked, I think Savage would be ok in this one.

Except you know Shawn Micheals had Kane to help him. Undertaker had a broken arm against Brock. Kane needed Paul Bearer's help and Kurt Angle? You mean in a Six Man Match where Taker wasn't pinned. This sounds very convincing about why Batista's accomplishment lacks anything. He arguably outside of Brock performed the best out of all of them in that match as Taker would have won all of those matches if his opponent's didn't have help.

Batista has a victory over Triple H who has quite a few Cell Victories to his name to be exact he's only lost to Batista and again Undertaker who never loses a cell match clean as is shown up there.

So the Cell favors Batista anybody will agree with that. Let's add the fact Batista did something Savage never did and that was beat the Number one guy. Batista pinned Cena 100% clean what win does Randy have that is as good as that. If he can match that Batista has several victories over Undertaker, Triple H, Randy Orton, and a plethora of others.

I accidently voted for Savage at the begging so taking this as my apology to Dave Batista.

Vote The Animal

Randy Savage has already beaten Brock Lesnar in this tournament. Can you really vote for Batista to do something Lesnar couldn't? That would be a travesty. Savage beating Lesnar and then falling to Batista, who is lesser than Brock in just about every way imagineable would be WRONG.

This is a kayfabe tourney,right?Going by that way randy beat a more sadistic,strong,legit opponent than batista in brock lesnar.Lesnar can and will have batista for lunch in a match.Batista's strong but he aint no andre the giant.To think that savage who in his prime was way better than batista cant beat up the animal is pretty retarted.Savage aint a rey mysterio.Vote:savage

This is a kayfabe tourney,right?Going by that way randy beat a more sadistic,strong,legit opponent than batista in brock lesnar.Lesnar can and will have batista for lunch in a match.Batista's strong but he aint no andre the giant.To think that savage who in his prime was way better than batista cant beat up the animal is pretty retarted.Savage aint a rey mysterio.Vote:savage

Randy has routinely lost to wrestlers that were bigger and stronger than him and I've never exactly seen Savage display feats of strength. The only two guys who have gotten clean wins over Batista have been Cena and Undertaker. Randy always played second fiddle to Hogan even when he was champion for a year and no one can tell me otherwise. Batista all the way.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back