• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

IMPACT Wrestling LD for 9.15.14 — GFW v. TNA: One Final Ride on Destination America?

It's Damn Real!

The undisputed, undefeated TNA &
tna_iw_ld_header_2015.jpg

Live Discussion for September 15th, 2015

tna_iw_ld_bar_2014.jpg

impact_91615-1.jpg

impact_91615-2.jpg

tna_iw_ld_footer_2014.jpg

Because she personifies what people hate about TNA. Her being around and especially on television is a detriment to the product, even if she isn't actually the problem, or to blame.

Because she personifies what people hate about TNA. Her being around and especially on television is a detriment to the product, even if she isn't actually the problem, or to blame.

Yeah, but this is TNA where they have to screw up every single possible thing and drag their shows out forever because Dixie is too stupid to just let it die.

To just let TNA die? I'd fault her for a lot, but never for that.

At this point I kind of hope it does. They're WAY past the point of being taken seriously and only their most diehard fans haven't given up on them. They're an embarrassment now with this kind of stuff and Dixie makes it even worse.

That's not a reason to hope people love their livelihoods. It's a reason to hope for change.

Hoping the company goes out of business is like hoping the U.S. crumbles as a nation because you hate the President, and the elected officials running the nation.

That's not a reason to hope people love their livelihoods. It's a reason to hope for change.

Hoping the company goes out of business is like hoping the U.S. crumbles as a nation because you hate the President, and the elected officials running the nation.

I've given up on them hoping to change. I'll feel bad for the wrestlers, many of whom will get jobs elsewhere, but these last few weeks have taken away any caring I might have for TNA's fortunes. I don't want them to go under, but I'm not going to be upset if they do.

Spud giving EC3 his 1st loss would make so much sense. TNA's gonna fuck it up though.

I've given up on them hoping to change. I'll feel bad for the wrestlers, many of whom will get jobs elsewhere, but these last few weeks have taken away any caring I might have for TNA's fortunes. I don't want them to go under, but I'm not going to be upset if they do.

That's not the same thing as hoping they do though.

One of my closest buddies who first told me about them, who has watched TNA religiously with me since that day and attended every event in the NY area with me is in the same position you are. Tired of being let down, doesn't hope they go under, but wouldn't be surprised if they do, and wouldn't shed many tears if and when they do. Said he's basically operating as if they went out of business a year ago when they left Spike.

That's not the same thing as hoping they do though.

One of my closest buddies who first told me about them, who has watched TNA religiously with me since that day and attended every event in the NY area with me is in the same position you are. Tired of being let down, doesn't hope they go under, but wouldn't be surprised if they do, and wouldn't shed many tears if and when they do. Said he's basically operating as if they went out of business a year ago when they left Spike.

Indeed.

I've spent years and years now being told that TNA is one major change away from being great. Well those changes are almost always going back to Sting/Angle/Hardy on top and it's the exact same nonsense all over again, normally with an invading heel stable trying to take over the company. There comes a point where I'm wasting my time hoping that it might work when it's the same tired ideas with the same people. TNA passed that about four years ago.

So am I to assume this is another riveting episode of Impact tonight? Because I'm seeing a lot of talk about the fortunes of the company, and very little live discussion pertaining to the action on tonight's show.

Oh well, the up side of all of this? Owen will never be subjected to watching this program. Time to get the WWE network, and get him ready for NXT. It's never too early.

So am I to assume this is another riveting episode of Impact tonight? Because I'm seeing a lot of talk about the fortunes of the company, and very little live discussion pertaining to the action on tonight's show.

Oh well, the up side of all of this? Owen will never be subjected to watching this program. Time to get the WWE network, and get him ready for NXT. It's never too early.

We're being treated to a series of videos on the history of Dixie Carter and Jeff Jarrett, Jeff Hardy in a funny costume, and Gail Kim winning the Knockouts Title. Riveting is nowhere near strong enough.

I actually may just sign up for it. Mark, my buddy from earlier, has been telling me NXT is worth it. That it's basically TNA from 09 and prior, minus a couple of the bigger WCW names.

We're being treated to a series of videos on the history of Dixie Carter and Jeff Jarrett, Jeff Hardy in a funny costume, and Gail Kim winning the Knockouts Title. Riveting is nowhere near strong enough.

Yeah, not a strong product right now at all. Not even close. Like I've said a few times, I'm almost certainly watching out of habit at this point, not desire.

I actually may just sign up for it. Mark, my buddy from earlier, has been telling me NXT is worth it. That it's basically TNA from 09 and prior, minus a couple of the bigger WCW names.

Good call, it is well worth it. It would seem to me that NXT would offer you all the things you do like in pro wrestling, but not the things that WWE offers that don't appeal to you specifically. And of course, there may be an influx of new talent there that you are familiar with over the next several months.

You would LOVE NXT. It's an old school simple promotion with recognizable jobbers, logical and simple stories, very infrequent gimmick matches (one of their signature matches is a 2/3 falls match to prove who is better in the ring), and titles mean a lot. Like, a #1 contenders match for the Tag Team Titles is treated like a huge match because it sets up a title match.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back