IMPACT Wrestling LD for 01.07.14 — Destination America Debut... Roode/Lashley III

ADR vs Lashley?

ADR's not joining.

I'll give TNA their dues for what tonight was, it was a solid reboot to their show on a new network. It had a new-ish look, they did a show that mostly had wrestling in it, they built their bad guys like ECIII well and they had the good return to make the night memorable.

The ending is bad. It's TNA being TNA. Turning people, trying to swerve people, for no reason. Nobody wants to see a mega heel stable. Not me, not any other guy, not the biggest TNA fan in the world. It was a good, solid reboot, bad ending. That's the general jist of every review that should be written about this show.

That would be assuming Lashley turns face on the group right?

Right, I got the feeling Lashley wasn't really in on any of it and just took the opening to hit the spear and finish the match.

The tension between Lashley/MVP from earlier in the night may still be very real, and with the new large heel group, Lashley could be working face now.

Right, I got the feeling Lashley wasn't really in on any of it and just took the opening to hit the spear and finish the match.

The tension between Lashley/MVP from earlier in the night may still be very real, and with the new large heel group, Lashley could be working face now.

That's what I got from it too, which is probably the best idea. Lashley's run has been good enough lately that people are going to cheer for him no matter who he's around.

That's what I got from it too, which is probably the best idea. Lashley's run has been good enough lately that people are going to cheer for him no matter who he's around.

That scares me because he's not a good enough talker to be a face. I thought him working heel was the best for him but at least if he's babyface, he has that whole stupid group to run through before EC3 gets healthy and takes the title off of him.

I'm also trying to figure out why, if you're going to have him debut in this big stable later in the night, you'd have Low Ki lose his match. It's telling your new fans "hey, this loser will be part of this dominant group!"

So EY and Joe are aligned with MVP now? Seems like they're throwing a Hail Mary.

That scares me because he's not a good enough talker to be a face. I thought him working heel was the best for him but at least if he's babyface, he has that whole stupid group to run through before EC3 gets healthy and takes the title off of him.

MVP can do a good enough job as a heel that Lashley can be super over saying little to nothing. Think Batista or Ryback before he was ruined.

I'm also trying to figure out why, if you're going to have him debut in this big stable later in the night, you'd have Low Ki lose his match. It's telling your new fans "hey, this loser will be part of this dominant group!"

To get the belt off of Low Ki, so the X-division title isn't lost in the shuffle of this storyline.

This way when Lockdown rolls around, Aries can be the man to defend it somewhere else on the card, while Low Ki is in the Lethal Lockdown main event. And if that is indeed the motivation, better to have Low Ki drop it before the group is formed so he's not taking a loss while part of the stable, potentially weakening them as you pointed out.

To get the belt off of Low Ki, so the X-division title isn't lost in the shuffle of this storyline.

This way when Lockdown rolls around, Aries can be the man to defend it somewhere else on the card, while Low Ki is in the Lethal Lockdown main event. And if that is indeed the motivation, better to have Low Ki drop it before the group is formed so he's not taking a loss while part of the stable, potentially weakening them as you pointed out.

I don't believe we will not see Aries mixed in all of this, and I am also suspicious we'll see somehow Low Ki or Joe taking the title out of Aries in a short future... I hope I'm wrong. I am tired of meaningless title reigns in the american wrestling product.

Pretty decent outings in Aries/Ki and Roode/Lashley but this is really just more of the same, I really hope in the coming weeks they're not willing to just continue staying stagnant.

Fuck heel stables by the way.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back