IMPACT Wrestling for 06/13/13 Featuring the Return of "Rampage" Jackson, from Duluth,

Like I said, it's a little campy. I agree. But he's just having some fun. It's not like the posts count to his post total or anything like that. I just don't see the point in harping on it too much in threads if it's a legitimate gripe, as opposed to a pet peeve. It just adds to the negativity that already plagues TNA LD's as it is.

Indeed and the main person tonight that got on my nerves was Chrome and then SD (I'm shocked too). As for the negative vibe, yeah that's true but at the same time basically telling people to get out for being too negative like I was told to do for years was doing the same thing.

That's fair, but if you go back and watch the Stinger promo again, remember — he uses the word family as the hinge. That's important here. To me it signals that the guys he's bringing in are his family, where as the old stip of former World Champs was in place due to the "respect" thing being the kicker.

If family is this time around, Nash/Konnan would still be OK, but I don't think Konnan is on good enough terms with TNA anymore, and I was told Nash is on a legends contract with WWE still too, so I doubt either is even available.

That's why I'm leaning the Magnus, Joe, EY route. It might seem a little wonky right now, but I think its' a great way to get some "TNA guys" over again.

The problem is though if those guys didn't come to Sting's aide at Slammiversary, why would he trust them now?

The champion stip isn't really what I'm referring to though No one went to help Sting including Joe and Magnus so why would they be in the group is what I was really getting at

I watched 45 minutes of Raw a few weeks before WM and had no clue who most of the people were. Dutch was the only thing that I remember finding interesting.

As for MEM, I think a key story point is everyone already on the roster left Sting out there on his own so he needs guys he can trust.

Indeed and the main person tonight that got on my nerves was Chrome and then SD (I'm shocked too). As for the negative vibe, yeah that's true but at the same time basically telling people to get out for being too negative like I was told to do for years was doing the same thing.

Obviously, but it's not really the same. Logic dictates that if you don't like something, you don't watch it. I get that you are paid to review these things, but you aren't paid to participate in LD's, so by being negative in an LD where people are trying to enjoy a product (why else watch it?), you are essentially just being a buzz kill or a troll. It's why I not only stopped watching RAW entirely, but stopped participating in the LD's to boot. What use was I there? The point of it is to discuss the events live, but anyone watching the show is obviously doing so because they enjoy it, even if they dislike certain aspects.

I guess what I'm saying is the positive should outweigh the negative if you're participating in an LD, otherwise why participate? Again, you are paid for your reviews, not to post in an LD here, so your nothing but negative comments do nothing but rile up users who want to participate in these LD's to share the TNA experience they enjoy with other users who do the same.

Just my two cents.

The problem is though if those guys didn't come to Sting's aide at Slammiversary, why would he trust them now?

No doubt. Valid criticism. I'm just not sure who you can go with if you void the roster, in that case. OVW wrestlers? An ex-WCW platoon (that'd be awesome, honestly, depending who they get)?

I watched 45 minutes of Raw a few weeks before WM and had no clue who most of the people were. Dutch was the only thing that I remember finding interesting.

As for MEM, I think a key story point is everyone already on the roster left Sting out there on his own so he needs guys he can trust.

Yeah, no doubt — see above.

Obviously, but it's not really the same. Logic dictates that if you don't like something, you don't watch it. I get that you are paid to review these things, but you aren't paid to participate in LD's, so by being negative in an LD where people are trying to enjoy a product (why else watch it?), you are essentially just being a buzz kill or a troll. It's why I not only stopped watching RAW entirely, but stopped participating in the LD's to boot. What use was I there? The point of it is to discuss the events live, but anyone watching the show is obviously doing so because they enjoy it, even if they dislike certain aspects.

I guess what I'm saying is the positive should outweigh the negative if you're participating in an LD, otherwise why participate? Again, you are paid for your reviews, not to post in an LD here, so your nothing but negative comments do nothing but rile up users who want to participate in these LD's to share the TNA experience they enjoy with other users who do the same.

Just my two cents.

Because I do enjoy TNA and have for years. I saw big problems with it and when I pointed them out (as in discussing them), I was basically told to sit down and shut up because that's not what we do here, hence what I was saying earlier about how there isn't any discussion of value in here. Often times it's just people saying "that was awesome wasn't it?" "Yeah it was!". Yeah a lot of people like it, but when their answer to criticism is "shut up and leave if you don't love everything going on here,", there isn't much to talk about. How is that interesting or going to attract more people, which is my job on the forums?

No doubt. Valid criticism. I'm just not sure who you can go with if you void the roster, in that case. OVW wrestlers? An ex-WCW platoon (that'd be awesome, honestly, depending who they get)?

There aren't many people in OVW. I like the idea of bringing back the Mafia, but this sounds like it's going to cause even more of TNA's time to be devoted to this one story which is already dominating the show.

It's only a month away but I agree that it is anything but certain he holds it to the special impact. I'd say hot shotting the title to RVD is a distinct possibility among many others.

KB, do you really view anything that has some tie to Aces and Eights as one story? If so, how many shows on tv do you think have more than one story?

Destination X is usually solid. Not sure I see much appeal in Sabin-Bully though. I'd actually like to see Sabin turn down the chance because he respects the X-title too much.

Same. It also gives the X Division a better reason to exist again, because it gives King a shot at going after Sabin again for the belt, instead of Sabin just cashing in and moving on, forcing TNA to once again vacate it and hold another tourney just to crown another winner.

Title scene is held busy enough right now anyway.

Because I do enjoy TNA and have for years. I saw big problems with it and when I pointed them out (as in discussing them), I was basically told to sit down and shut up because that's not what we do here, hence what I was saying earlier about how there isn't any discussion of value in here. Often times it's just people saying "that was awesome wasn't it?" "Yeah it was!". Yeah a lot of people like it, but when their answer to criticism is "shut up and leave if you don't love everything going on here,", there isn't much to talk about. How is that interesting or going to attract more people, which is my job on the forums?

Well, my only response to that is that I'm not sure an LD is the place for that sort of thing. That's what the no-SPAM forums are for. That's where the real debate should be happening, not as an episode of IMPACT or a PPV are going on.

I'd say the goal is to attract more users to debate out there than to ignore what's going on, and potentially miss things happening live, by going to greater lengths to debate things here.

I don't have that much of a problem with negative comments espically from guys like JJyanks and KB

I don't have a real "problem" with anyone making negative comment. I have a problem when it's the only thing you're here for, because at that point you are just a masochist. Why are you even watching, let alone participating in a discussion if you downright hate the product? It's antithetical... to yourself.

Same. It also gives the X Division a better reason to exist again, because it gives King a shot at going after Sabin again for the belt, instead of Sabin just cashing in and moving on, forcing TNA to once again vacate it and hold another tourney just to crown another winner.

Title scene is held busy enough right now anyway.

Well, my only response to that is that I'm not sure an LD is the place for that sort of thing. That's what the no-SPAM forums are for. That's where the real debate should be happening, not as an episode of IMPACT or a PPV are going on.

I'd say the goal is to attract more users to debate out there than to ignore what's going on, and potentially miss things happening live, by going to greater lengths to debate things here.

Over the years I've seen far more people get noticed and start up in LDs than anywhere else. I started here, Norcal started here, I believe X and Sly were noticed early in LDs. These used to be THE big thing around here and were used to launch the rest of the forums up to a higher level. Now, not so much.

I wouldn't put KB and JJ in that category though

KB not as much. He still posts positive things when he's impressed by things that happen. It just doesn't help his case that when things were really bad in the LD's, he was piling on as well.

Yanks? I dunno. I really can't recall him ever praising anything. He is the type of user who always has something negative to add, even if he is complimenting something.

Like, "Great match, great finish, but did you see that one blown spot? So annoying."

Over the years I've seen far more people get noticed and start up in LDs than anywhere else. I started here, Norcal started here, I believe X and Sly were noticed early in LDs. These used to be THE big thing around here and were used to launch the rest of the forums up to a higher level. Now, not so much.

Fair enough. You'd have more insight there than I would having been around much longer. Then again, I joined as someone posting exclusively in the NS section and was recruited (by you, actually) to come to the LD's.

When is the last time it happened though? Forums are even more antiquated than traditional prowrestling at this point.

KB not as much. He still posts positive things when he's impressed by things that happen. It just doesn't help his case that when things were really bad in the LD's, he was piling on as well.

Yanks? I dunno. I really can't recall him ever praising anything. He is the type of user who always has something negative to add, even if he is complimenting something.

Like, "Great match, great finish, but did you see that one blown spot? So annoying."

Fair enough. You'd have more insight there than I would having been around much longer. Then again, I joined as someone posting exclusively in the NS section and was recruited (by you, actually) to come to the LD's.

I piled on because I thought the shows sucked back then. The Immortal era was horrific and felt like a waste of time more often than not. Things are better now but there are still big holes.

When is the last time it happened though? Forums are even more antiquated than traditional prowrestling at this point.

Pretty much since the All-Star section started up and the best posters quit participating in the WWE LDs, which used to be the place to be around here.

My final 4 would be Jeff Hardy defeats Bobby Roode, AJStyles defeats Aries and Joe (they tied for 4th). Then AJ defeats Hardy. Card subject to change.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back